Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Klopplfc20

I've just deleted a load of nonsense posts - please do not engage with the obvious stirring going on.

Alanwrats, do not post in this thread again.

I wouldn't say I was stirring....i mention things on the topic and get challenged and it goes off topic if you look at my posts I repeatedly said said let's get back on to the issue....ps hope all goes well tomorrow for the March as ppl stated before it's going to go quite for a while.....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

Although it’s nothing to do with Ireland gangland, the same day Keane was brutally murdered, in my suburbs of the city of Sheffield, a 12 year old boy was shot in a drive-by shooting.

The background to the dispute is very similar to the feud in Drogheda, only the dickhead has been arrested/charged and remanded in prison until his trial.

Society is well an truly f#####

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Klopplfc20 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I was stirring....i mention things on the topic and get challenged and it goes off topic if you look at my posts I repeatedly said said let's get back on to the issue....ps hope all goes well tomorrow for the March as ppl stated before it's going to go quite for a while.....

Agreed on the March, hopefully it stays quiet and the peaceful people get to live their normal lives again without thinking what madness will happen next. Communities can show drugs the door as seen in times gone past.

Agreed on the March, hopefully it starts quiet and the peaceful people get to live their normal lives again without thinking what madness will happen next. Communities can show drugs the door as seen in times gone past.

I can only give an opinion based of my community! but don’t you think communities are so diverse nowadays, people don’t seem to come together for the greater good?

I feel we live in a selfish society

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Agreed on the March, hopefully it stays quiet and the peaceful people get to live their normal lives again without thinking what madness will happen next. Communities can show drugs the door as seen in times gone past.

Like where? The people who sell them change, the product remains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Illgetmycoat

Hoboo wrote: »

true, and putting down harsher sentences does not work either in reality, just look at US 3 strikes and your put in prison for life.

I can only give an opinion based of my community! but don’t you think communities are so diverse nowadays, people don’t seem to come together for the greater good?

I feel we live in a selfish society

Totally, most communities are not real communities anymore but for the area to be safe everyone has that goal so that's a common cause no matter what your diverse background is.

Correct!

As a Police officer said to me once, for every dealer we arrest, 2-3 more are waiting in the wings. It’s like a game of Whack-a-Mole for the Police.

Sure wasn't it in Dublin in the past (how long ago I'm unsure) ppl organised groups to get
    Communities can work with the police and added with that harsher sentences, there needs to be a certain cap to offences and then get a mandatory sentence once that threshold is reached. There needs to be a fully functioning plan for communities to feel safe and confident in rejecting these drugs dealers, starts with government back and policies filtered through the Garda and then into communities.

Correct!

As a Police officer said to me once, for every dealer we arrest, 2-3 more are waiting in the wings. It’s like a game of Whack-a-Mole for the Police.

Then policies need to be tightened, it's not an endless supply of dealers, the bigger the sentences the bigger the deterrent, look at how they dismantled Limerick, it can be done, not easy nor fast but with a long term strategy that stays like that even when it quietens down. Nothing worse then hassle hassle and disruption everywhere you turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Another one who was chopped up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

There needs to be harsher sentences for users. Caught out on a weekend with a gram of coke ? Fair enough 3 years in prison.

As an ex weekend user I would have quit alot sooner if the penalty was more than a slap on the wrists. Cut of demand is the only way to go

Then policies need to be tightened, it's not an endless supply of dealers, the bigger the sentences the bigger the deterrent, look at how they dismantled Limerick, it can be done, not easy nor fast but with a long term strategy that stays like that even when it quietens down. Nothing worse then hassle hassle and disruption everywhere you turn.

It's hard to have a long term plan when there are different leaders/partys changing every few years. No matter how good some methods are working there will be some new president that will change it anyway

piplip87 wrote: »
    There needs to be harsher sentences for users. Caught out on a weekend with a gram of coke ? Fair enough 3 years in prison.

As an ex weekend user I would have quit alot sooner if the penalty was more than a slap on the wrists. Cut of demand is the only way to go

And where would you put these 1000s of people that would get caught first to set the example?

It's hard to have a long term plan when there are different leaders/partys changing every few years. No matter how good some methods are working there will be some new president that will change it anyway

Should be written into Irish law where a vote can only be made by the people of governments want to change it, there has to be a way to make these things stick. It's the only way, if ppl are going to get into it they have to know there's consequences, like teaching a child from a young age. Otherwise they won't stop to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

your Ruthless.

Should be written into Irish law where a vote can only be made by the people of governments want to change it, there has to be a way to make these things stick. It's the only way, if ppl are going to get into it they have to know there's consequences, like teaching a child from a young age. Otherwise they won't stop to think.

They obviously have to tighten up but also politicians should take some blame.....it looks to me like some estates in ireland the government dont bother with and leave peaple to it like the wild west but tuckd away from the big citys and it's like the local councils in some places just let rubbish build up. But this is just an opinion from afar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

looks like someone will be having a cell search...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5020374/mr-flashy-scott-capper-brother-selfie-prison/

A CRAZED thug who works as muscle for Mr Flashy’s gang poses alongside his “brother” behind bars — who’s facing a firearm and ammunition rap.

The Irish Sun’s exclusive behind-the-bars pic shows Scott Capper, who is serving a three-and-a-half-year sentence, using a smartphone to grab a snap with a pal from Dublin.

They obviously have to tighten up but also politicians should take some blame.....it looks to me like some estates in ireland the government dont bother with and leave peaple to it like the wild west but tuckd away from the big citys and it's like the local councils in some places just let rubbish build up. But this is just an opinion from afar

You're right and that's the worst thing cause then it takes a whole lot more to manage when it combusts then. The waste of money from Garda having to police an area in the aftermath of what happened is sickening for the tax paying law abiding citizens of the country. No matter where you're from we all count in this country.

• Advertisement

It would take someone like Trump to really combat this problem.

Imagine if all these major growers across the world feared total loss on the production if allies across the globe really focused on drugs? If they wanted to solve this problem they could, but our world is full of people looking for a quiet life.

If every leader had Rodrigo Duterte’s approach to drugs, although maybe tone it down a little, we might start changing the next generation.

looks like someone will be having a cell search...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5020374/mr-flashy-scott-capper-brother-selfie-prison/

A CRAZED thug who works as muscle for Mr Flashy’s gang poses alongside his “brother” behind bars — who’s facing a firearm and ammunition rap.

The Irish Sun’s exclusive behind-the-bars pic shows Scott Capper, who is serving a three-and-a-half-year sentence, using a smartphone to grab a snap with a pal from Dublin.

Fcuk me, i wouldn't fancy getting a smack off him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sure wasn't it in Dublin in the past (how long ago I'm unsure) ppl organised groups to get
    Communities can work with the police and added with that harsher sentences, there needs to be a certain cap to offences and then get a mandatory sentence once that threshold is reached. There needs to be a fully functioning plan for communities to feel safe and confident in rejecting these drugs dealers, starts with government back and policies filtered through the Garda and then into communities.

Yeah the late 80s early 90's in the flats. Few local dealers had to move and then back to business. Pushers out and all that codology? If there was a ever a war on drugs, drugs won hands down 30 years ago.

All the rest is candy coating from TD's. You can fill as many prisons you like and throw away ever key, won't change a thing. It's all been done and failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Madge2007 wrote: »
    For the sweet luv of Jesus! The guards cud arrest every criminal in the country before bedtime and a good solicitor/barrister wud hav 95% of them back home for their breakfast...... U need water tight evidence ffs

It's about prevention. Active policing, not waiting until after the fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think naming and shaming in the papers for first offence and sentencing for 2nd would be sufficient.

No one would want their employer and family knowing they are on the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Yeah he's meant to be some goer alright

My first question would be, why are known associates/family held within the same prison?

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Yeah he's meant to be some goer alright

Size of him! I doubt he gets much hassle in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Size of him! I doubt he gets much hassle in there

His head is so small, he'd be near impossible to ko

• Advertisement

My first question would be, why are known associates/family held within the same prison?

Only a handful of prisons in Ireland chief. Be impossible to split everyone up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement