Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Brianmull wrote: »
    I agree with losing the passport.

I also think on Harcourt Street the guards should deploy a hundred gaurds on a Sat night and half checkpoints where everyone walking down has to blow into a bag like the drink driving.

Have drugs in your system, now you're nicked. Into the slammer and arrested, charged and cautioned. Would stop the middle class drug problem in its tracks.

Apart from the ones with a mate here and there. I know a pensioner that was stopped drink driving and let on his way coz he knew the gard

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Vague9i0 wrote: »
    Apart from the ones with a mate here and there. I know a pensioner that was stopped drink driving and let on his way coz he knew the gard
    He's just a normal old guy, middle class, no links to gangs or drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

There should be a seperate thread on people who think they can fix the drug problem in Ireland, literally reading the same things over and over again about longer prison sentences, new laws, tougher approach by the guards, legalisation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Klopplfc20

But does Ireland have the establishments plus the manpower to follow that objective?.

Like I said before where are you going to house these 1000s of people that they lock up as an example? Because think about it how much these gangs make...millions!! And how many towns citys ect with different players...you think they are only making a 100s of people? No they would have to lock up 1000s....any idea where they will go?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

Cork Prison only ended slopping out in 2016 with the building of the new prison. Limerick, I think, still has a few areas that still have it but that should be ( or possibly is already) eliminated completely very soon.

Well I am sure the likes of Paul Skyes are turning in their graves, if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Let's hope the people of Drogheda get out in big numbers tomorrow to have their voices heard, especially people from the worst affected estates. Send these scumbags the message that they're not wanted.

Yeah hope there is a good crowd there tomorrow as they had a march last year and from the tv pictures only a couple of hundred showed up. Not sure what to make of the low numbers, either people dont care or else are too scared to be seen attending a march putting it up to the local gangsters.

Madge2007 wrote: »
    Clue"s in the title...... GANGLAND SHOOTINGS

Finding it difficult to stay quiet and just read like a good little newbie now!

I'm sure people can discuss the roots of gangland shooting when there isn't any activity....or are you just after a body count?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

Any sign of a Helicopter yet? That's what we really want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Jo Kaine wrote: »

99% of the time that the chopper or ERU are around Coolock or Drogheda, it's for show. Not actually responding to an incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 CrashH16

99% of the time that the chopper or ERU are around Coolock or Drogheda, it's for show. Not actually responding to an incident.

It's out every night pretty much in Coolock

Jo Kaine wrote: »

yes, over the last fortnight it's made an appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Madge2007

The best suggestion I've read about is from
    Citywide.ie who created a report in 2016 on the Social Crisis thats happening in Ireland at the minute regarding, gangs, crime, intimidation, addiction, community, children, poverty and social neglect. Their 2020 manifesto has a clear workable plan.
    Know its not a glamorous gangland read but talks a lot of sense.
    Wouls be good to see a representative from them in Drogheda on Sat

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Reposting this from earlier today
    Beasty wrote: »
    Drop the recreational drug taking talk - you are wasting your time as it's all been deleted. There are plenty of threads in which you can pick this upon as an election issue, but this one is about gangland shootings

Current delete post count in this thread is now over 2,200. Rather than continuing to have to intervene like that I have a couple of choices:

1. I can close the thread; or
    2. I can stop repeat offenders from posting in the thread

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Outstanding. I’ve been a full time lurker on here since the Regency, and that’s the funniest thing I’ve read, by far, in four years.

I'm still laughing at it, so funny, in my mind he was in the compound and was spooked by a dog haha the last bit was hilarious

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is not suitable for discussing the tragedy of 3 children found dead in Newcastle, and I've move relevant posts to a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaffa cake12345

The media has as much blood on there hands as any of these so called killers in the feuds, without there information of where ppl sign on, the address or estate they live in, the court dates they have coming up, even putting into the paper someone's a suspect and painting a picture cause its a good story or the person fits the bill and could be innocent in many cases has now put that person in the firing line, then pretend they want ppl to mediate, priests etc to try stop it, stop giving information about ppl that might be innocent would help stop the killings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

The media has as much blood on there hands as any of these so called killers in the feuds, without there information of where ppl sign on, the address or estate they live in, the court dates they have coming up, even putting into the paper someone's a suspect and painting a picture cause its a good story or the person fits the bill and could be innocent in many cases has now put that person in the firing line, then pretend they want ppl to mediate, priests etc to try stop it, stop giving information about ppl that might be innocent would help stop the killings!!!
    I agree with this theres been a few cases were there information on were someone will be has resulted in a shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I think banning people permanently from the thread would be very welcome, the original posters who made the thread so good are all avoiding it, it's turned into a joke unfortunately.

Otherwise close it. Is there some rule where OP's can request this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Was watching Fr Ted last night. It was like a foreshadowing of the Drogheda fued.

Man gets whistle stolen. Ole women start to believe it'll lead to drive by shootings, pimps giving cocaine to the hoors.

Very similar to Drogheda and the stolen flip flops!

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »

Anyone can request it, but please do not do so in-thread. Either report or PM a mod, and the request will be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I agree, has anyone actually viewed the social media accounts of the suspect who has apparently fled to the Turkey? The Instagram gives a perception...of a decent father and a guy who does intercontinental sailing???

I supposed that may be the perception he wants people to see but it doesnt come across as something a ruthless gangland hit man would do

Hoboo wrote: »
    I think banning people permanently from the thread would be very welcome, the original posters who made the thread so good are all avoiding it, it's turned into a joke unfortunately.

I agree people need to respect this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm a bit behind on this whole thing, so let me see if I have this basically straight (from Nicola Tallant's latest appearance on The Stand) - hoods from one of the Drogheda gangs confront this person, Robbie Lawlor, outside of a gym before Christmas. They taunt him and steal his gym bag (including flip flops). They film this. The person working the camera was Keane Mulready Woods. Lawlor somehow identifies Woods and targets him as revenge for this slight, leading to Woods' subsequent kidnapping, torture, murder, dismemberment and planned delivery of body parts to the doorstep of a relative.

Is this the story?

briany wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind on this whole thing, so let me see if I have this basically straight (from Nicola Tallant's latest appearance on The Stand) - hoods from one of the Drogheda gangs confront this person, Robbie Lawlor, outside of a gym before Christmas. They taunt him and steal his gym bag (including flip flops). They film this. The person working the camera was Keane Mulready Woods. Lawlor somehow identifies Woods and targets him as revenge for this slight, leading to Woods' subsequent kidnapping, torture, murder, dismemberment and planned delivery of body parts to the doorstep of a relative.

Is this the story?

Type "scarcity studios" in on youtube there is part 1 and part 2 he pretty much explains what most have said on here

sexmag wrote: »
    I agree, has anyone actually viewed the social media accounts of the suspect who has apparently fled to the Turkey? The Instagram gives a perception...of a decent father and a guy who does intercontinental sailing???

I supposed that may be the perception he wants people to see but it doesnt come across as something a ruthless gangland hit man would do

A ruthless gang killer is defined in our mind as someone mysterious and like the Italian mob but that seems to be far from the truth of said person is a Hitman of the ilk ppl speak of, the social media of anyone can be as fictitious as whatever you want it to be, don't always judge a book by its cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭sugarman20

Klopplfc20 wrote: »
    Type "scarcity studios" in on youtube there is part 1 and part 2 he pretty much explains what most have said on here

Got as far as "dra-heed-da". Cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

sexmag wrote: »

He might seem ok on social media but hes a lunatic he could turn on you in a instance which 3 of his supposed mates found out who are now dead

sugarman20 wrote: »
    The bum accent isn't the easiest on the ears but he actually corrects it on the second vid because of the comments but if you can bear the accent then its worth the watch

• Advertisement

sugarman20 wrote: »

Try Part 2 he tried to correct himself, that's just his accent man, the videos of the gangland crime is brilliant, well worth watching them both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement