Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

I wonder was it just flip flops and gym gear in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭briany

Try Part 2 he tried to correct himself, that's just his accent man, the videos of the gangland crime is brilliant, well worth watching them both.

I can understand an English person reading 'Drogheda' and pronouncing it in an unusual way. It's more when you call Bettystown, 'Betsiestown' that makes me go, 'Ah, now, here.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaffa cake12345

A ruthless gang killer is defined in our mind as someone mysterious and like the Italian mob but that seems to be far from the truth of said person is a Hitman of the ilk ppl speak of, the social media of anyone can be as fictitious as whatever you want it to be, don't always judge a book by its cover.
    While this is true about social media it's also true about the media, they can create a big bad wolf that doesn't exist also, but some ppl are so one track minded that anything a journalist says seems to be gospel

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Help

sexmag wrote: »
    I agree, has anyone actually viewed the social media accounts of the suspect who has apparently fled to the Turkey? The Instagram gives a perception...of a decent father and a guy who does intercontinental sailing???

I supposed that may be the perception he wants people to see but it doesnt come across as something a ruthless gangland hit man would do

Split personality. One person with family or positive influence in said life.

Hitman persona separates from that reality before being closed off when job is done

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SummerSet

Does anyone else have the perception that ‘gangs’ aren’t actually relevant sometimes? I’m from Somerset in the UK, and a lot of the problems come from singular people or associates? Like, it’s not actual ‘gangs’ that are doing this **** but more individual things that are going on? (Which is what I think is relevant to the Keane mulready case). But then I guess the media thrive off of ‘gangs’. Which is why I’ve loved this thread cause it’s made it more clear it’s based on individuals and their close people. Big up to the people in this thread that are regular!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

The media has as much blood on there hands as any of these so called killers in the feuds, without there information of where ppl sign on, the address or estate they live in, the court dates they have coming up, even putting into the paper someone's a suspect and painting a picture cause its a good story or the person fits the bill and could be innocent in many cases has now put that person in the firing line, then pretend they want ppl to mediate, priests etc to try stop it, stop giving information about ppl that might be innocent would help stop the killings!!!
    That never happens I can't think of any innocent people the media have reported on that lead to them being whacked, these criminals know everything about each other they don't rely on the press for their information they hear it via other criminals they know who is up in court they know who was arrested etc and then they are active on social media where they give more information themselves than any Cop would ever get from them even if they hypnotized them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaffa cake12345

That never happens I can't think of any innocent people the media have reported on that lead to them being whacked, these criminals know everything about each other they don't rely on the press for their information they hear it via other criminals they know who is up in court they know who was arrested etc and then they are active on social media where they give more information themselves than any Cop would ever get from them even if they hypnotized them.
    So when marlo hyland was getting wrote about every second week in the paper and where he's from and family members live and someone turns up and kills him and an innocent plumber does that not count?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

So when marlo hyland was getting wrote about every second week in the paper and where he's from and family members live and someone turns up and kills him and an innocent plumber does that not count?
    Marlo Hyland wasn't whacked because of what some crime hack wrote his own henchmen turned on him because he screwed them over and because he was getting too powerful and the Don wanted to dethrone him ,a lot of Love/ Hate was based on that gang and their activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wiz1001

Hi all first post please be gentle, I have been reading lots of the previous posts and think I have a grasp of most of it but one thing I haven't been able to fathom is that if the head of the victim was decapitated in Droghedha and was allegedly being delivered to the gangster who as far as I am aware (from reading) lives in Gormanstown then why did the head end up in Dublin? That doesn't sound like they panicked, does the gangster normally from Gormanstown also reside in the Dublin area sometimes as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

wiz1001 wrote: »
    Hi all first post please be gentle, I have been reading lots of the previous posts and think I have a grasp of most of it but one thing I haven't been able to fathom is that if the head of the victim was decapitated in Droghedha and was allegedly being delivered to the gangster who as far as I am aware (from reading) lives in Gormanstown then why did the head end up in Dublin? That doesn't sound like they panicked, does the gangster normally from Gormanstown also reside in the Dublin area sometimes as well?

That was all guess work from the papers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

One theory is the person who was involved in a short media video that made news headlines was going to also be delivered a message with a pair of flip flops and certain body parts

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wiz1001

One theory is the person who was involved in a short media video that made news headlines was going to also be delivered a message with a pair of flip flops and certain body parts

Cheers, I read David Lynch had 3 kids, was there only one son or is there more? How old (ish) are they now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

Cheers, I read David Lynch had 3 kids, was there only one son or is there more? How old (ish) are they now?

He was only 26 when shot so around their 19s and early 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

The main suspect in the shooting in sixmilebridge last week is supposedly well connected with Dublin gangs.. A reach far a wide if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Why the hell has no one been arrested for that deranged teenagers murder? Surely loads of evidence based on the murder and dismembering of body. The mind boggles ..

Think about this, Drogheda is a small town, the estate where this happened is small. How the feck is there no convictions ? Maybe the Gardai are trying to build a solid case ?

In fairness it shouldn't be like Cluedo or a who done it...
    The whole country knows who is responsible. Hope the Gardai get multiple convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Brawler666 wrote: »
    6541 wrote: »
    Maybe they are Ireland's biggest murdering masterminds ever.
    Obviously this is a true statement as no one has been charged with anything.
    No torso no evidence. Fact. The evidence they have is no use without the rest of the remains

Totally agree on that post, I've been saying that since the get go on the murder, they need the torso to find out the cause of death and to match the killing weapons with the wounds, I'd say that Torso is gone a long way away or gone altogether. That's the key to the case. Whoever said the killers aren't masterminds then "if" true that they cleansed and laid new floors in the house to cover it up then they had this plan to a tee. No idea how someone could do that in such a short space of time without raising suspicion moving in new materials for cleansing and fitting a new floor plus having those skills on hand. (again pinch of salt as only seen it in the media) my point is if that is true they are masterminds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

The cops here don't arrest and question you let you go then arrest you again,like we see on TV
    They get the evidence then arrest you and keep you
    Laying new floor is just ripping up and throwing down a bit of laminate flooring,30 mins in a bathroom
    There will be Keane's DNA all over that house but that will only get gmcg
    Tying the rest to it will be trickier
    There will be a lot of phone evidence,call traffic and going by phone locations
    I bet anything these "masterminds" didn't take the battery out of their phones before they got to the house
    Everyone involved will be caught and done except ruthless because it looks like he wasn't involved at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

As someone mentioned yesterday or the day before, I reckon it's a watertight case needed before any charges can be brought. After the Regency trial got messed up I reckon the DPP want any prosecution over the murder/dismemberment to be completely bulletproof before there'll be any charges. Blood in the house could be explained to a jury by the lad being there for a pint to straighten things out, and cut his hand on a broken glass, blah blah, not beyond all reasonable doubt before a jury.

(Side note, don't wanna double post) Paul Williams has a piece in the Indo today about the march in Drogheda, "hoping it's an end to the gangs that unleash violence."

I wish it was, so it would put the cvnt out of work. Prick has made his living off of naming scumbags with titles so they're everyday names and glorifying them with a lil bit of fame and notoriety in his dire papers; the general, the monk, mr flashy, murder inc etc. He's done more for promoting gangland scumbaggery than Ebenezeer Goode did for promoting yolks in the 90's

Hi Paul:mad:, Hi Nicola:mad:, Hi Mick the hack:)

• Advertisement

As someone mentioned yesterday or the day before, I reckon it's a watertight case needed before any charges can be brought. After the Regency trial got messed up I reckon the DPP want any prosecution over the murder/dismemberment to be completely bulletproof before there'll be any charges. Blood in the house could be explained to a jury by the lad being there for a pint to straighten things out, and cut his hand on a broken glass, blah blah, not beyond all reasonable doubt before a jury.

(Side note, don't wanna double post) Paul Williams has a piece in the Indo today about the march in Drogheda, "hoping it's an end to the gangs that unleash violence."

I wish it was, so it would put the cvnt out of work. Prick has made his living off of naming scumbags with titles so they're everyday names and glorifying them with a lil bit of fame and notoriety in his dire papers; the general, the monk, mr flashy, murder inc etc. He's done more for promoting gangland scumbaggery than Ebenezeer Goode did for promoting yolks in the 90's

Hi Paul:mad:, Hi Nicola:mad:, Hi Mick the hack:)
    First of all I don't think a jury would be a good idea, nobody wants to take that one on with intimidation being the big no no to any potential jury members. The Garda need the torso to prove anything I would think, or rely on testimony but whose gonna believe another criminal. As suggested in a previous post it's phone data that would yield a result if the torso isn't found (which I doubt it ever will) sadly. As in journalist promoting these "superstar gangsters" it's a bit from both sides, the public on a wider scale wouldn't be aware of who these ppl are terrorising the streets especially if these said gangsters went into hiding and ended up in your city you'd wanna know what they look like. The sensationalism is chronic at times I agree but they do a job and they receive death threats too so it's not that simple or handy number as ppl would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Media and there innuendo sensationalism replace hard facts and evidence to hook any reader or viewers any time.

Media and there innuendo sensationalism replace hard facts and evidence to hook any reader or viewers any time.

Would you think the hard facts and evidence are needed to be kept for the courtroom before the trial? I believe they should print the truth for sure but not hinder the investigation and not make added sensation seeking headlines but that's the media worldwide, bad news sells papers.

Put it this way I'd dread to think people here could be called up for jury duty in a case like this,

Put it this way I'd dread to think people here could be called up for jury duty in a case like this,

Imagine, the first question should be Are you on boards.ie forum? Yes. Okay you're excused haha I'd be pulling some sicky if I got that letter in the post and ended up being selected.

Imagine, the first question should be Are you on boards.ie forum? Yes. Okay you're excused haha I'd be pulling some sicky if I got that letter in the post and ended up being selected.

It's not even the attention from the media tbh it's such a gruesome feud between so many that everywhere you look it's been mentioned.
    Going to be hard to get a solid jury and that's without even mentioning evidence to sway any outcome.

Many selected will obviously of read some rumors,
    And many will pull a sicky just to get away from being in that specific jury.
    I know I'd distance myself from any of that.
    I think it's the rumor mill that breaks the camels back in alot of cases I see no difference in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

6541 wrote: »
    Think about this, Drogheda is a small town, the estate where this happened is small. How the feck is there no convictions ? Maybe the Gardai are trying to build a solid case ?

Drogheda is the largest town in the country, and the estate it happened in is pretty big actually. Include ballsgrove finians and rathmullen together, which they are, and it's one of the biggest the country. Not sure what the size of a housing estate has got to do with it. Everyone knows where everyone involved lives.

Someone being convicted of a crime within two weeks would be a record. Need to make arrests first. Which is pretty hard when everyone's gone running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

First of all I don't think a jury would be a good idea, nobody wants to take that one on with intimidation being the big no no to any potential jury members. The Garda need the torso to prove anything I would think, or rely on testimony but whose gonna believe another criminal. As suggested in a previous post it's phone data that would yield a result if the torso isn't found (which I doubt it ever will) sadly. As in journalist promoting these "superstar gangsters" it's a bit from both sides, the public on a wider scale wouldn't be aware of who these ppl are terrorising the streets especially if these said gangsters went into hiding and ended up in your city you'd wanna know what they look like. The sensationalism is chronic at times I agree but they do a job and they receive death threats too so it's not that simple or handy number as ppl would think.

Ah we agree and disagree on a few points Banana, sure that's what this forum is for!
    Just finished night shift so I'll have a goo in the morning, and if there's anything I strongly think we should argue about, I'll reply. ;)

Ah we agree and disagree on a few points Banana, sure that's what this forum is for!
    Just finished night shift so I'll have a goo in the morning, and if there's anything I strongly think we should argue about, I'll reply. ;)

Exactly Avalid lol if more ppl realised it's cool to debate and not get personal it would be a much better thread even though I'm only in it about a week or so. Just common sense really.

• Advertisement

It's not even the attention from the media tbh it's such a gruesome feud between so many that everywhere you look it's been mentioned.
    Going to be hard to get a solid jury and that's without even mentioning evidence to sway any outcome.

Many selected will obviously of read some rumors,
    And many will pull a sicky just to get away from being in that specific jury.
    I know I'd distance myself from any of that.
    I think it's the rumor mill that breaks the camels back in alot of cases I see no difference in this one.

I'm sure the gangsters know if they cover it up well enough they'll likely get away with it but if they have actually videoed what happened then you can't erase content from the internet completely. You would hope for the sake of law that they do get caught and put away as to get away with this would open up everything to get even worse, which I dread to even speculate what that could entail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement