Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please stop discussing other posters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

I dispute that.

It seems people are more interested in the local gangster gossip than discussing ways of rooting this out of our society, which is the really fascinating question.

It is a terrible indictment on our society that peope do not wish to take part in that wider debate, particulalry the so called "people in the know".

You sound like you should be knocking front doors for the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

You sound like you should be knocking front doors for the next two weeks.

100% pal go knocking doors mush

Its not for me i know stuff but id have to be careful what i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

From what Im hearing over the past few months the two Drogheda factions seem to make their bread and butter from the coke and weed, same with the so called Gucci gang, I live in a town a fair bit smaller than Drogheda and heroin is rampant for the last 10 to 15 years, lads are raking it in bringing it up from Dublin, coke is obviously on the rise again here too with the economy improving, would Drogheda have much of a heroin problem does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

From what Im hearing over the past few months the two Drogheda factions seem to make their bread and butter from the coke and weed, same with the so called Gucci gang, I live in a town a fair bit smaller than Drogheda and heroin is rampant for the last 10 to 15 years, lads are raking it in bringing it up from Dublin, coke is obviously on the rise again here too with the economy improving, would Drogheda have much of a heroin problem does anyone know?

Yea quite a few heroin heads around dosnt seem as bad with them as 5 or 6 years ago. Heard there is a rise in crack usage at the minute do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Its not for me i know stuff but id have to be careful what i say.

Yea sure don't get yourself into trouble or anything, as much as we would love to know. Some info is best kept to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Guards out searching again today, checking gardens in neighboring estates to Rathmullen

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Guards out searching again today, checking gardens in neighboring estates to Rathmullen

Few lads not sleeping easily hopefully, they'll be blessed if the Garda get them before the rivals do, they must of received a tip off to be searching the area, Hopefully be brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

Is Dundalk a town in County Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

leko99 wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No, Dundalk is in Co. Louth.

Drogheda is one of the oldest towns in Ireland. It is located on the Dublin–Belfast corridor on the east coast of Ireland, mostly in County Louth but with the south fringes of the town in County Meath, 49 km or 30 miles north of Dublin.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

You can literally Google the answer in about 3 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

County Drogheda? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

IvoryTower wrote: »

Seen then on my street this morning. Checking a load of ditches and looking in the wheelie bins out on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Happyhour

markc1184 wrote: »
    Seen then on my street this morning. Checking a load of ditches and looking in the wheelie bins out on the street.

Bit late checking bins are they not that would of been long collected. This manpower was needed daily when he was first killed. Sure they have had 2 weeks to get rid of evidence . Why the sudden garden to garden searching..hopefully a tip off more than likely the smell of an election when FF/FG pretend they give a **** about anyone earning less than 50k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Happyhour

markc1184 wrote: »

Hopefully

Happyhour wrote: »
    Bit late checking bins are they not that would of been long collected. This manpower was needed daily when he was first killed. Sure they have had 2 weeks to get rid of evidence . Why the sudden garden to garden searching..hopefully a tip off more than likely the smell of an election when FF/FG pretend they give a **** about anyone earning less than 50k a year.

I agree it must be a tip off after this length of time, sure bins are collected weekly so that would rule anything out, unless someone was brazen enough to put the torso in a wheelie bin this past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I agree it must be a tip off after this length of time, sure bins are collected weekly so that would rule anything out, unless someone was brazen enough to put the torso in a wheelie bin this past week.

Bins are collected weekly but bin collectors don’t scrub bins with bleach. I would assume Garda weren’t just peeking into the bins. They probably would have made use of a sniffer dog.

SecondMan wrote: »
    Bins are collected weekly but bin collectors don’t scrub bins with bleach. I would assume Garda weren’t just peeking into the bins. They probably would have made use of a sniffer dog.

Yea agreed but to find a torso I'd say it's buried deep or has been incinerated, it's the best hope of solving this case with a conviction. Plus provide the family with closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Spiderpaddy666

I used to really enjoy reading this thread but lord have mercy it’s packed with owl ones 90 per cent bitchin 10 percent gangland

Yea agreed but to find a torso I'd say it's buried deep or has been incinerated, it's the best hope of solving this case with a conviction. Plus provide the family with closure.

But discovering human dna in a bin that matched the boy could deflect the search for the torso to landfill sites

I used to really enjoy reading this thread but lord have mercy it’s packed with owl ones 90 per cent bitchin 10 percent gangland

Thanks for contributing to the 90 per cent bitching

EDIT: 91% bitching after your post

There most likely looks for weapons guns and the like that torso is gone with the wind

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    There most likely looks for weapons guns and the like that torso is gone with the wind

Probably yes.
    I was just making a point that finding dna in a bin would be a discovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I’m hearing “the business man” could be someone else and not ther person who is a big McGregor fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,658 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No. It's the second capital in the Independent Principality of Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I’m hearing “the business man” could be someone else and not ther person who is a big McGregor fan.

Gave his address in grange rath in one of the tabloids so probably is the McGregor fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

Regular ARU patrols on the links road in Termonfeckin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Gave his address in grange rath in one of the tabloids so probably is the McGregor fan

A person I spoke to today knows a person who knew the person mentioned in the papers years ago and didn’t think it possible he could have worked his way up to a gang leader.

Obviously it could be wrong info or maybe things changed over the years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement