Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

How has no one been arrested for the latest murder Ill never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What's the story with the 24 year old that was arrested the other night wit 1.5million worth of stuff in his car. Someone said his old man was a retired senior guard?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

The guy arrested for breaching bail and Involved in Keane's murder is one of the guys who will be ratted on not the ratter,not that he wouldn't do that just he won't be given the opportunity
    It will be a lesser involved person than that who gets to rat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

What's the story with the 24 year old that was arrested the other night wit 1.5million worth of stuff in his car. Someone said his old man was a retired senior guard?
    Just he was a cops son caught with Mr bigs gear
    What more is there to know really

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Secretinfo wrote: »
    I noticed subsequently while reading the thread throughout last week that many many other posters have and continue to use initials and nicknames without any repercussions. Maybe there are different rules for long term posters? I am not criticising MOD decisions, I just cant see the equality in these decisions.
    Not for further discussion here but I'll just comment on this

Firstly there have been well over 2,000 posts deleted from this thread. A lot of posts that have been sanctioned are not visible, and there may be posters who have been punished where it is not visible (as is the case of your own ban)

Secondly context is key. Saying a known criminal (who has, for example, been found guilty of a crime) is a criminal is fine. Saying an identifiable individual is responsible for a crime they have not been convicted of is not

Thirdly we rely heavily on reported posts. I know I have been very active in moderating this thread in recent times, but I have certainly not gone through the whole thread looking for posts to sanction. I know Niamh from the office did spend some time deleting a number of references throughout the thread. If something is reported we will have a look and act as we see fit.

Fourthly you posted with no record on the site. You could have been one of our regular re-regs trying to stir things up. Hence taking you "out of the action" temporarily avoided things possibly escalating

Finally, and quite a few posters around here are aware of this, I indicated 1 week bans would become the norm because of all the trouble this thread was causing. However after issuing bans (and indeed some yellow cards), if a poster approached me unprompted via PM apologising for their actions, and this was their "first offence" I would typically lift the card or ban.

Of course this post may "prompt" others to do so, and I am certainly not saying I will treat posters on a similar basis going forward. However issuing a ban makes someone think about what they posted, and indeed as has happened in your case makes them take more care going forward. That's the main purpose of these short bans. If someone comes to me saying sorry and giving assurance they will not do the same sort of thing again I may well consider lifting a ban based on "time served"

Just to re-iterate though - this post is not for further discussion here and if anyone has any more queries about moderation please take it to PM

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

begbysback wrote: »
    not sure if anyone ever reads mod notes to be fair
    Mod:

banned

no I'm not being serious

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Just he was a cops son caught with Mr bigs gear
    What more is there to know really

It was said that father was a High Ranking ex cop. Interesting to know who father is, or whether he could ever have been in a position to be compromised

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

yk1985 wrote: »
    thanks, thought gmck was a person, were i was getting lost with story..whats story with kb he is about the only person cant get hold of when i go through social media very hard to find compared to the rest

he has an old account with “boss” between his first and last names. There is more recent photos of him on a relatives page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

juno10353 wrote: »
    It was said that father was a High Ranking ex cop. Interesting to know who father is, or whether he could ever have been in a position to be compromised

In the link that I provided on the previous page the "Son" has been estranged from his father for a number of years now. It happens the world over that father's and sons become estranged but this just happens to be with a high ranking Garda and then his son is caught with over a million worth of drugs and a huge haul of cash. Automatically he's linked to his father but in real everyday life they aren't in each other's worlds anymore it seems.
    Being linked to Mr Big and the link to the recent murder is far more intriguing.

TheW1zard wrote: »
    How has no one been arrested for the latest murder Ill never know!

The long game is being played here and they have one of the major suspects locked up on a separate offence, remember the Gardaí and the State took down Hooligans Gang, The Dundons & The Kinahans who were ultra strong as a collective, on the basic knowledge of these gangs involved in the murder they are all individuals who'll turn on each other when the wind blows the other way, they'll be much easier to break. The murder has shown this already that double crossing was rampant already, in essence they'll destroy themselves most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

yk1985 wrote: »
    thanks, thought gmck was a person, were i was getting lost with story..whats story with kb he is about the only person cant get hold of when i go through social media very hard to find compared to the rest

Gmck is a person hes an uncle of the man shot and killed in Clogherhead. He also owns the house beside the house the guards had sealed off and searched

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Apologies if this has been addressed already, KM cousin is now missing is there a link here or coincidence ?

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been addressed already, KM cousin is now missing is there a link here or coincidence ?

Do you have a link to that? I ask as there was talk of this a few days after his body parts turned up, the cousin was found alive and well.

https://t.co/DTsdfCYJON?amp=1
    Ignore the headline & read through it.

Overall, Garda expenditure was €1,669.2 million, some €3.1 million less than the annual budget of €1,672.3 million, which included a supplementary estimate of €17.5 million.
    The fact some money was surrendered back to the exchequer at year end is likely to anger some members of the force and the Garda staff representative bodies as overtime was scaled back significantly during the year, with discretionary overtime stopped in the latter part of 2019.
    The Gardaí are struggling with numbers and clamping down on gangland crime but can hand back
    €2million they are crazy figures to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

juno10353 wrote: »

father and son don't speak

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Do you have a link to that? I ask as there was talk of this a few days after his body parts turned up, the cousin was found alive and well.

https://twitter.com/ChronicOG_2nd/status/1223970478836068354/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/i-opened-the-bag-and-saw-a-human-leg-arms-and-flip-flops-man-who-found-remains-of-keane-mulready-woods-38918499.html

This story doesn't match up with what has been said around the area in regards to finding the bag so I've zero clue if it's all true but interesting read all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Sound like he was hoping to have found something of value, unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Syndic wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/i-opened-the-bag-and-saw-a-human-leg-arms-and-flip-flops-man-who-found-remains-of-keane-mulready-woods-38918499.html

This story doesn't match up with what has been said around the area in regards to finding the bag so I've zero clue if it's all true but interesting read all the same.

That's very strange... I thought it was a teenager found it close to the green.Maybe he's trying to take the heat off his son who may have found it....

In fairness,if you were living in that area and heard a garda car chase..you wouldn't be seen to bring an abandoned sports bag into your house to see what's inside.Big mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

KM792 wrote: »
    That's very strange... I thought it was a teenager found it close to the green.Maybe he's trying to take the heat off his son who may have found it....

In fairness,if you were living in that area and heard a garda car chase..you wouldn't be seen to bring an abandoned sports bag into your house to see what's inside.Big mistake.

It was reported to be a teenager but the night it happened I heard it was an older man in his 30s that opened it and saw flip flops. This person doesn't live on that road though so some of the details just don't match up.

Anyone with a brain cell wouldn't pick up that bag. It's a lose/lose; discover something horrible like body parts or something "good" like drugs or money only to be found out and murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Syndic wrote: »
    It was reported to be a teenager but the night it happened I heard it was an older man in his 30s that opened it and saw flip flops. This person doesn't live on that road though so some of the details just don't match up.

Anyone with a brain cell wouldn't pick up that bag. It's a lose/lose; discover something horrible like body parts or something "good" like drugs or money only to be found out and murdered.

Kinda like that film, no country for old men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Secretinfo wrote: »
    As I am just back from a ban for using initials on my very first post, I will try to be as ambiguous as I can going forward. It was my first time posting but had been following the thread for just over a year.
    Unfortunately I did not read the MOD notes on Page 1 of this thread (My Bad) before posting for the first time last week, however I noticed subsequently while reading the thread throughout last week that many many other posters have and continue to use initials and nicknames without any repercussions. Maybe there are different rules for long term posters? I am not criticising MOD decisions, I just cant see the equality in these decisions.

That being said, here is a theory that I have regarding Drogheda and the arrest and incarceration of a feud member from there:

This feud member recently had their bail revoked - This is the only way I will reference this individual.

Now for the theory:

In 1996 Veronica Guerin was murdered. In the aftermath of this slaying there was enormous pressure on Gardai to bring down the gang responsible. The way they went about it was by analysing the gang and picking who they believed was the weakest link in the gang. The person they decided was the weakest link in the gang was charged with a minor offence taken into custody and cut off from the rest of the gang and also from the drugs lifestyle this person was used to living (Huge cocaine habit).

While he was in prison, he was isolated, had no access to cocaine and slowly began to talk to Gardai about why she was shot dead and by whom. This person was then given the full protection of the State for agreeing to testify against his fellow gang members. It took a few months but the Gardai did get all the info they required from this person leading to the gang leader and his 2nd in command being charged with very serious offences (In one case murder, and in another case drugs importation on a massive scale).

So now we have another gangland murder that has gripped the nation and the Gardai are again under pressure to smash the gang and bring those responsible to justice. How do they do that?

By taking who they believe to be the weakest link in the gang who is responsible for this horrific murder. They had the opportunity to lock him up for a really simple offence of breaching his bail conditions and took that route. Maybe the Gardai believe that by isolating him from the rest of the gang, cutting off his drug supply, and placing him in a prison (albeit on remand) where he is no more than a minnow (Compared to being a big fish in Drogheda), the Gardai believe that over time this may break him and he will turn states evidence against his fellow gang members who may have been responsible. Another criminal due for the Witness Protection Program?

Almost 25 years later the Gardai seem (To me at least) to be using the same tactics they used to smash the gang that murdered Veronica Guerin.

The person currently on remand won't get flipped. There will be weak links as always but he certainly won't be one of them. He has been put on the same wing as other Drogheda criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bigjohndoe

The person currently on remand won't get flipped. There will be weak links as always but he certainly won't be one of them. He has been put on the same wing as other Drogheda criminals.

Would there be many from Drogheda on that wing ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

bigjohndoe wrote: »
    Would there be many from Drogheda on that wing ?

At least 4. Theres been screenshots goin around of twonposts they put up on social media. None of them are as major a criminal as the person on remand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bigjohndoe

At least 4. Theres been screenshots goin around of twonposts they put up on social media. None of them are as major a criminal as the person on remand though.

There was a stabbing in knockbrack downs back in January in Drogheda that got very little media attention was that totally separate or in some way related?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

KM792 wrote: »

It's strange the wording used,
    Piqued " his interest.
    And" decoy "
    Why would he automatically think it was a decoy.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

The long game is being played here and they have one of the major suspects locked up on a separate offence, remember the Gardaí and the State took down Hooligans Gang, The Dundons & The Kinahans who were ultra strong as a collective, on the basic knowledge of these gangs involved in the murder they are all individuals who'll turn on each other when the wind blows the other way, they'll be much easier to break. The murder has shown this already that double crossing was rampant already, in essence they'll destroy themselves most likely.

You seem intent on driving the confidence of said individuals down.

You sure youre not an undercover Gard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Granny15 wrote: »
    You seem intent on driving the confidence of said individuals down.

You sure youre not an undercover Gard?

Maybe like most of us he doesn’t like criminals. Or just randomly musing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Does it matter if he's a guard? Nope. So please don't sidetrack the thread...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement