Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

bigjohndoe wrote: »
    Do believe his parents have a role in not directing him ,coming home wearing expensive clobber, the bikes and even though somebody said he didn’t drive was regularly seen behind the wheel of a car .As a parent you’d be asking where are you getting the money to afford this.

Interview with some relation could be even his mother, that he had a curfew and has been keeping it in the recent weeks and that Sunday was the first one he didn't keep in a few weeks. Could of been the GIM keeping him out of harms way & then he trusted whoever it was too meet but they instead lured him to his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

Not even if you're any good at soccer it's the discipline of showing uo every week to training and matches, less time on the streets and being vulnerable. Yea all those questions are relevant, I know nothing of his parents but others do so they might shine a light on weather he had good ppl in his life. Once you are in that dark world the chances of getting out and having a normal life are very slim indeed. Wonder what the state of play is at the moment, many involved still around and what are the rivals planning?

Rivals? If you believe media reports Keane was double crossing, I doubt anyone from the rival crowd, will be willing to stick there head above the parapet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭celt262

Interview with some relation could be even his mother, that he had a curfew and has been keeping it in the recent weeks and that Sunday was the first one he didn't keep in a few weeks. Could of been the GIM keeping him out of harms way & then he trusted whoever it was too meet but they instead lured him to his death.

If he had so much money why was he asking the mother to leave money out for him to pay for the taxi?

Rivals? If you believe media reports Keane was double crossing, I doubt anyone from the rival crowd, will be willing to stick there head above the parapet.

So it's a non runner, there won't be revenge taken? Yea that's what's been spoken about double crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

House raided in Drogheda, firearms and ammunition found, drugs worth 4k,crossbow found lol, man in 30s detained. Source, Drogheda Leader Facebook

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    If he had so much money why was he asking the mother to leave money out for him to pay for the taxi?

That's a good question and if true it begs the question, wtf was he in this game for or did it all go up his nose? We don't know what his position was or what he dined on a daily basis for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm going to hazard a guess these guys arent regular savers...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Lads in fairness you can't compare it to your run of the mill 17 year old getting ready for the Leaving Cert.You just can't.

You can be a rapist/killer at 15/16..an animal.
    These people can start killing and terrorizing at a young age and be totally desensitized to it by the time they are 21.All they know is lawlessness,you won't change or rehabilitate them.Getting rid of them is better than countless innocents suffering at their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

celt262 wrote: »

They never said it was her money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bigjohndoe

KM792 wrote: »
    Lads in fairness you can't compare it to your run of the mill 17 year old getting ready for the Leaving Cert.You just can't.

These people can start killing and terrorizing at a young age and be totally desensitized to it by the time they are 21.All they know is lawlessness,you won't change or rehabilitate them.Getting rid of them is better than countless innocents suffering at their hands.

Ye I can imagine reading about him in 10 years 124 convictions and given a suspended sentence. Ironically probably saved the taxpayers millions .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭celt262

Syndic wrote: »

True maybe she had to go out the back and dig it out of the lawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

No child should be wrote off like a wrecked car, children can be rehabilitated, the lawlessness is run by seniors, who don't get a whiff of guard attention.
    Where's the positive influences in these estates? Youth workers cut, sports program cut, low employment prospects, a education system that spends more time on religion than on life skill classes to name a few.

Don't worry though CCTV on steroids will sort it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm going to hazard a guess these guys arent regular savers...

Gardai, seem to be on top of the job at present.

Syndic wrote: »

Supposedly there was 12k found in his bedroom after his death.

See a few scrotes from Drogheda up in court in NEWRY today .

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Supposedly there was 12k found in his bedroom after his death.

I presume this is just a rumour. If there was money in his room the family would be first to get it and they are hardly that stupid to go around saying he had such an amount in his room.

I presume this is just a rumour. If there was money in his room the family would be first to get it and they are hardly that stupid to go around saying he had such an amount in his room.

Supposedly,allegedly, runout has it they put a man on the moon.

Not if the Garda found it .

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

A few space cadets here tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Omackeral wrote: »
    We heard you the first two times. We don't care.

And you still didnt get it!!! Previous poster is right some space cadets here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Choices are what everyone makes. He always had choices. Even after GIM.
    He was NOT groomed, he totally immersed himself in causing trouble.
    Please stop making excuses for him. It will prob turn out he was involved in Clogherhead, Bettystown and own dealing in Lucan too.

Long before these guys make headlines, they've been bad since child age, causing trouble on their street or suburb or district or county.
    CAB job should be easy - spot the Motocross, gucci, rolex, bullet proof windows, brown thomas debit card, frequent flying, 250+ runners, new audi - you know, the giveaway signs - when collecting the DOLE, ha ha - with new tan and teeth done.
    Plus check out the pimped up house with biggest extension, cameras, cars etc.

Stop with the - please provide them services. That's like rewarding them for bad behaviour - incentivizing crime.
    Oh about the Motocross - it expensive, young fellas often pay for it by crime. Plus No insurance or licence, yet drive on one wheel on roads, day and night. Making streets and parks unsafe, landing on anyone having a picnic (eg Darndale case - ruined a mans life). Its the start of it.

Dont forget those with 100 Convictions prob did 500 crimes but weren't caught or charged with 80%.
    Imagine being a cop or prison guard dealing with this crap all the time, OMG. Surprised some state employees don't create a hit squad if they were threatened. Becos a right-bullet can make some problems go away.

Having said all that, many of these gang lads and leaders are not always crazy. Some are sound and provide a substance many want and make tidy profit for little effort. Amazingly many also have so many friends (or customers) on FB and Insta, they must be the greatest craic ever. Even do a bit of social media comedy gold, 'promise ya i'll go to the Lou every day'.
    But too many customers are crap at paying for substance later. Hence enforcer needed. Then competition naturally means they want to expand and they can win market share by wiping competition out. Eventually friends and family get hurt, bloods thicker and vengeance is sought.

But general public feel unsafe - because their guys and gangs end up with time and money on hands, have street cred and violence op tap. Without even being specifically threatened .....society has become like a hyena society - where rank needs to be known.
    Like the Guerin case, eventually when its long overdue they'll put them away for something small even if it means planting it.

If one of these guys shot your house up tonight, the cops would not solve anything, even if he handed himself-in the judge would say, awh he got the wrong house, suspend sentence. Do the public trust the cops? cos you'd have to ask yourself, when the warning is do not approach incase carrying gun. You couldn't make it up. These guys with guns, defo carry them when tensions are high and they know people are out to whack them.
    Then again, one of them, seems to be walking around no worries, must be mates with everyone again. Or has large support watching back.

How do you solve this gangland influence in poverty area or testing economical times even for those working?
    I wouldnt want my kids to grow up in Moatview, its not even flats, its houses. Trouble is endemic. But neither do i want them housed among private.
    Fact is, there is bad in society and they must live somewhere. Even council tenants when evicted get housed again. There is no solution. Just hope innocent people dont get harmed.
    Could you sue the state, if Council moved gangs into house next to you and one day you said, stop dealing outside my house, only to get whacked going to work, like John Lawless, last Feb 8th 2019, was only 39, leaving behind 4 kids. Like OMG how has that been let slide. I hope one day, those responsible have their life ended and soon, cos i rather not pay for their B&B till they get early release and repeat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

fair play to the guards in drogheda
    acting on that statement made last night by the
    lad who got the slaps
    the folly up was quick in fairness to them

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Hardly Mister flip flop is it..you could land a 747 on that forehead.

Now now

looks like theres a celebration been planned
    a lot of the cripples mates on the town tonight
    the oz reject is out as well

anyone of yous got anything out of the grill house
    looking for recomendations
    feeling hungry driving around

Hardly Mister flip flop is it..you could land a 747 on that forehead.

would love to see you saying that 1 on 1

anyone of yous got anything out of the grill house
    looking for recomendations
    feeling hungry driving around

Bring your mot to tangos great food.

Bring your mot to tangos great food.

i fly solo pal
    just watching whats going on

i fly solo pal
    just watching whats going on

You mean your an ugly pox the tide wouldn’t take you out :-)

• Advertisement

You mean your an ugly pox the tide wouldn’t take you out :-)

theres a time and a place for everything

tonight I watch

fancy joining me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement