Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Uploaded by someone today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's crazy to me that the Gardai don't wear masks during these raids.

It's a small enough country that these scumbags could find out where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They really should put letters in the neighbours box telling them there will be a raid at number ** tomorrow at x o'clock and could you please not film/take pictures. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

lawlolawl wrote:
    It's a small enough country that these scumbags could find out where you live.

And do nutting. This isn't Mexico.. the crims here are usually yellowbellied bastards.

Best way to close down a dealers house has always been to lob a molotov through the front window. If its bulletproof a drop of petrol through the letterbox will do the same trick.
    CPAD for all their faults would've ran these shiitebags out of finglas long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

CPAD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Augme

El_Bee wrote: »
    CPAD?

Concerned parents against drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Does anyone else find it annoying how the media, presumably because it's a way of connecting everything to a high publicity feud, refer to basically every drug dealer involved in any Dublin feud as "Kinahan aligned", "Kinahan linked" or "Kinahan associated", even in cases where the link is tenuous at best and mainly just comes down to the fact that the Kinahans were the only major "wholesalers" of narcotics in Dublin for smaller gangs to buy from for a long time?

I mean I'm not downplaying that connection where it exists, obviously the fact that this one cartel pretty much birthed most of the smaller feuding gangs by being their main supplier should be noted and commented upon, but it makes it very difficult for those not in the know to differentiate between all of these other gangs when everyone involved is referred to as a "Kinahan associate" in the papers instead of being identified as part of their own crew which is warring with another separate crew. Sure, both crews may be "Kinahan aligned" by virtue of both having been supplied with drugs by the KOCG in the past or present, but in my view it's lazy journalism and means that any casual reader who's trying to build a map of who's aligned with who in any of these new feuds will find it much more difficult to do so.

Without differentiating in this manner, they make it sound as if all these wars are just individual people who used to work for DK trying to off eachother. Anyone who's paying attention knows it's become a lot more complex than that with a lot of actual factions involved, especially since the former major players fecked off out of the country, but that's not reflected in the media at the moment. Or at least that's my perception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Why is nobody talking about this? Wasn't this the name given for a certain poster in this thread?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-man-charged-after-60-guns-found-in-car-at-uk-port-1.3976794

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

Best way to close down a dealers house has always been to lob a molotov through the front window. If its bulletproof a drop of petrol through the letterbox will do the same trick.
    CPAD for all their faults would've ran these shiitebags out of finglas long ago.

The same cpad who went on to control the drugs in Ireland, sold flowers like wacker humphries , got a postman shot in the head and left a cabbage by daniel and robert gaynor, john noonan, took taxes from drug dealers and shot a drug dealer and innocent woman after they left the embankment in tallagh , great bunch of hypocrites.

In fairness they only sold hash.

• Advertisement

but in my view it's lazy journalism and means that any casual reader who's trying to build a map of who's aligned with who in any of these new feuds will find it much more difficult to do so.

Without differentiating in this manner, they make it sound as if all these wars are just individual people who used to work for DK trying to off eachother. Anyone who's paying attention knows it's become a lot more complex than that with a lot of actual factions involved, especially since the former major players fecked off out of the country, but that's not reflected in the media at the moment. Or at least that's my perception.

CS the man arrested in Liverpool was on his way to assassinate his friends Trevor Byrne and Karl Hyland, it was either flashy getting sick of taking orders from them or liam or bomber seeing them as a liability, either way the gucci's will be overtaken by the armani's soon enough when they implode.

Are the rumours of the landlord on the safehouse on ratoath drive killing himself over threats true? I had heard they owned it and bought it through a certain agent

The landlord did kill himself, his partner now receives the rent along with the rent from the houses on both sides, she can't rent to anybody else, the 3 houses be burnt if she fucks them out, she just needs another 20 years of rent for houses to paid off in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

The landlord did kill himself, his partner now receives the rent along with the rent from the houses on both sides, she can't rent to anybody else, the 3 houses be burnt if she fucks them out, she just needs another 20 years of rent for houses to paid off in full.

I thought that about the end of terrace house to the right, they’re I’ve that wall noon and night. Seemed obvious that they aren’t council owned anyway

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,028 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post plus 2 responses deleted as it is unsubstantiated speculation

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Why are people posting the same article over and over again?

Clueless....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

I wouldn't be too bothered if this was the hitman coming to get me 😂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,028 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Speculation over the identity of Boards users contravenes site rules

Any questions PM me. Do not respond to this warning in thread

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

CS the man arrested in Liverpool was on his way to assassinate his friends Trevor Byrne and Karl Hyland, it was either flashy getting sick of taking orders from them or liam or bomber seeing them as a liability, either way the gucci's will be overtaken by the armani's soon enough when they implode.

Thats massive if true, is smith in custody now or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ernie Ryan

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Thats massive if true, is smith in custody now or what?

He wasnt arrested . A few days after that report he took the lie detector test...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Something about Flashy bothers me ever since I've seen a pic of him, he's like 5'5 or something, did he build a rep for being extremely violent, does he have any kills himself? otherwise how does he order all these hard cases around to do his bidding?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Did he order the attempt on norton too hard to figure out who is who and whats going on trying though

El_Bee wrote:
    Something about Flashy bothers me ever since I've seen a pic of him, he's like 5'5 or something, did he build a rep for being extremely violent, does he have any kills himself? otherwise how does he order all these hard cases around to do his bidding?

You don't need to be big when you have money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

He prob won’t be alive long seems to bring too much attention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

This young whippersnapper Flashy has built up a bit of a cult following in crime circles throughout the capital.

In bars and speakeasies and weekend cocaine fuelled house gatherings this elusive, mystical, midget-like local drug boss is spoken about in hushed terms, wonder, fear and awe. He has a reputation undeserving of a young buck with so little hard years behind him.

The Gucci Don of Finglas is leaving a trail of destruction behind him and the media have a blood lust for his crew of desperados. In a business where the less noise one makes the better chances of a long and fruitful life, the bold Flashy seems to be on a one way ticket to hell in jig time. I give him even odds to not see another Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

he has a family connection hence his quick rise, flashy and the Gucci gang are always in the paper because people are interested in what’s going on. He is in the sun every week without fail, take mr big on the other hand, despite the recent trial he’s still rarely in the media. Even his closest pals are moving on, he’s a ticking time bomb to be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

family connections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

ACAguy wrote: »
    family connections?

The guy who got 3 years for stabbing a fella in the Paddocks, Clonee and then went onto threaten to kill Gardai.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement