Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

paw patrol wrote: »
    i don't know if he reads this forum or posts here. but I've a mate who messages me every time he sees the chopper. he must message others too.

something must be happening...chopper up over *insert area*

he is 43:eek:
    I have no idea, he is outside of this well adjusted(ish)

coke induced paranoia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

coke induced paranoia?

certainly fond of it as a consumer on occasion but far removed from the business end. nothing to be paranoid.
    no idea why tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

Anyone watch inside the K last night? fcuk me it really is the wild west in some parts. Plus some parents really dont deserve kids! 2 were caught smoking gear in their car with their kids in the back seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

benny79 wrote: »
    Anyone watch inside the K last night? fcuk me it really is the wild west in some parts. Plus some parents really dont deserve kids! 2 were caught smoking gear in their car with their kids in the back seat!

Could have been worse. The parents could have been in the back seat with the kids driving. Anything goes in the 'K'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

Ha.. suppose ..lol...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nordiebastard

<Mod Snip - not allowed, sorry>

The Guards: Inside The K - Episode 3

Link for anyone who missed it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

<Mod Snip - not allowed, sorry>

The Guards: Inside The K - Episode 3

Link for anyone who missed it last night.

It's up on the Virgin Media player, which actually puts RTE Player in the shade.

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1866/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Interesting article I came across the other day, some of the main instigators of the Limerick feud would now be on the 17th year of their life sentence, which from memory is the standard parole period elapsed (assuming they don't get more because they were also convicted of attempted murder, but these things tend to run concurrently). If the murder happened in January 2003 and they were on remand soon after they can't have long left inside.

independent.ie/irish-news/five-get-life-as-limerick-gang-murder-trial-ends-26238275.html

Most of them not even yet 40, can't imagine they're all going to end up in reintegration employment programmes somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Interesting article I came across the other day, some of the main instigators of the Limerick feud would now be on the 17th year of their life sentence, which from memory is the standard parole period elapsed (assuming they don't get more because they were also convicted of attempted murder, but these things tend to run concurrently). If the murder happened in January 2003 and they were on remand soon after they can't have long left inside.

independent.ie/irish-news/five-get-life-as-limerick-gang-murder-trial-ends-26238275.html

Most of them not even yet 40, can't imagine they're all going to end up in reintegration employment programmes somehow.

They'll be kept as long as the Minister For Justice decides to keep them.
    They won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Plus even IF they get realesed anytime soon, they will be on license. Look at a guard the wrong way and back in they go.

• Advertisement

I thought this could only realistically be applied to lifers who are perceived to be a genuine risk to the public at large. Like when the likes of Graham Dwyer would have served his 17 years. I really can't see these men still being in prison in their 70s for a gangland murder committed in their 20s.

John Gilligan got an additional few years for threatening prison officers, yet it was concurrent, so he still ended up getting out 3/4th of the way into his original drug trafficking sentence.

That Kieran Keane murder remains one of the most treacherous double cross murders in Irish gangland history. The way the two Ryan brothers 'disappeared' for weeks or whatever and even the garda feared they were dead.

When the McCarthy/Dundons met Kieran Keane and told them they had the two brothers held hostage in some gaf its surprising Keane never smelt a rat. Maybe he did but couldnt resist the chance to finish then off himself and thats why he brought Owen Treacyas back up.

The Dundons had kept on the Keane's good side but were planning to take over all along and came up with that double cross.

What greeted Kieran Keane when he went into that house must have sent shivers down his spine; he knew there and then he wasn't going to be alive much longer. And he wasn't.

The Ryan brothers then magically turn up out of the blue and i remember them doing interviews on the news that night with the McCarthys at some house party celebrating their 'release' and saying they knew nothing about Kieran Keane's murder.

I can only imagine the scene across the way in the Island Field and Marys Park where the Keane/Collopys must been in turmoil.

A crazy 24 hours even by Irish gangland standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Merry game of cops and gangster going on in Finglas tonight six squad cars chasing someone up and around tolka valley road area the last hour sirens blaring

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Posts on twitter saying flashy arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Merry game of cops and gangster going on in Finglas tonight six squad cars chasing someone up and around tolka valley road area the last hour sirens blaring

Shamby is allegedly in one of the motors. Flew by WFTA and took a right at the big church at Cardiffsbridge. All along the backroads into the heart of the K District. Oh and the famous helicopter out too of course for all the fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

All mad out there. I'm off for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Load of cop cars and vans tearing up old cabra road about 5 mins ago. Heading finglas direction

I hope the joyriders are practising social distancing tonight with only one in the front and one in the back of the motor. We're all in this together. Even Flashy.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shamby is allegedly in one of the motors.

Who now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They must have caught em no more sirens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Noddy McCarthy will more than likely be released in the next few years far earlier than the rest of them because he gave evidence against Wayne. I did hear that he has gotten days out to visit his mother/family home but whether it is true or not I don't know. James Martin Cahill who murdered a bouncer in Nov 02 in Limerick has been out several years now. He was sentenced to Life but got transferred back to his home country, Britain and was released. Now they wouldn't have allowed his transfer if it wasn't for the fact that he gave evidence against other people and got Gary Campion convicted look at Paulo Nascimento for example a non gang related incident with no one to rat out, he murdered a woman in Limerick he applied for transfer to Portugal and was denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shamby is allegedly in one of the motors. Flew by WFTA and took a right at the big church at Cardiffsbridge. All along the backroads into the heart of the K District. Oh and the famous helicopter out too of course for all the fans :pac:

I think there were two helicopter at one stage.

Walk my dog and she did two poos rather than one usually so she was sh1tting it.

Looks like they are making next year's series of Inside The K as this year's series went down well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Second series - the ‘eccentric’ cooper is back

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

The independent confirming flashy has been arrested.... https://buff.ly/3br5k8I

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Auditions for Inside The K? :D

The sequel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dramalama80

Why is Mr Flashys face always pixilated? When the others in pics are shown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was there a second chase with a gun found?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement