Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭Jeff2

People are gas here.

Just because someone has the same surname as another you think they are linked.

People with know idea asking questions that any one would know.
    It's like some kid has taken it on as a project for a cert and expects all the answers here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Any links to the twitter talk about this clogherhead shooting been done by different gang/northeners? I heard the victim took a tanning shop off a drogheda woman. The drogheda woman ran the shop with her partner who is from newry. Hes currently locked up up north either refused bail or sentenced for possession of ammunition and drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Any links to the twitter talk about this clogherhead shooting been done by different gang/northeners? I heard the victim took a tanning shop off a drogheda woman. The drogheda woman ran the shop with her partner who is from newry. Hes currently locked up up north either refused bail or sentenced for possession of ammunition and drugs

All I heard was they went into the tanning shop in ballsgrove and started threatening them, and the shop is cleaning money for the ra. Could be hearsay, you know yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

It's odd but the whistleblower John smith account has for a long time called out fake tan shop as a money laundering thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

septictank wrote: »

Was there a conflicting story? Body was still there this evening.

Hoboo wrote: »
    All I heard was they went into the tanning shop in ballsgrove and started threatening them, and the shop is cleaning money for the ra. Could be hearsay, you know yourself.

They took the tanning shop, the victim and wife ran it this past while. Tanning shop was renamed aswell I heard. The tanning shop had on Facebook today that they would be closing due to unforeseen circumstances.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's odd but the whistleblower John smith account has for a long time called out fake tan shop as a money laundering thing.

The whistleblower is referring to a business known as "fake bake". It was ran by Sandra Vaughan who has a senior role in MTK Global

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A lot of tanning shops are used as fronts for money. Along with a few other obvious businesses.
    Sitcoms will be probably be pointing them out in a couple of years.

The whistleblower is referring to a business known as "fake bake". It was ran by Sandra Vaughan who has a senior role in MTK Global

Yes, but cleaning money. Through fake bake which is fake tan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Suckit wrote: »
    A lot of tanning shops are used as fronts for money. Along with a few other obvious businesses.
    Sitcoms will be probably be pointing them out in a couple of years.
    True, there's one in Dublin 8 which was raided a few times and had a few name changes. Apparently Gardai intercepted drones checking the area around it a few times too. Making sure the coast's clear I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Which side of the gang is from Rathmullen Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Wasn't there trouble over a salon in East Wall also while back? And one on Mayor St had lets say a bit of a reputation.

Tanning shops/salons/beauticians seem to be doing more cleaning than laundrettes around the town. And some launderettes were cleaning more than duvets and culchie and student clobber too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,082 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wasn't there trouble over a salon in East Wall also while back? And one on Mayor St had lets say a bit of a reputation.

Tanning shops/salons/beauticians seem to be doing more cleaning than laundrettes around the town. And some launderettes were cleaning more than duvets and culchie and student clobber too.

the lady that runs MTK boxing had a lucrative tanning business that she bought from years of hard work as a hairdresser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Jeff2 wrote: »

Not that odd. The dogs on the street know that an overwhelming majority of these are washing money. The bigger setups all have small (cash) businesses like this to wash their cash. The ground level lads drive taxis or ice cream vans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

hankless wrote: »
    Not that odd. The dogs on the street know that an overwhelming majority of these are washing money. The bigger setups all have small (cash) businesses like this to wash their cash. The ground level lads drive taxis or ice cream vans.

Any weird business that doesn’t make sense and needs very little training. Mobile car wash, bouncy castle rental, then things the girlfriends can run, tanning salons, hair dressers, nail bars (they then play dumb and get off scot free if caught) then things the lads who are always around living a criminal life , car sales and horses.

All these things are easy to cook books. Who’s to say I didn’t sell a Nissan micra to johnner for 200 quid then bought it back a week later for 5000 because I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Didn't Maggo Gately and Barry Finnegan own a salon of some sort together before they ended up on opposing teams?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

hankless wrote: »

Explains the Ice Cream man frequenting my estate in January

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Which side of the gang is from Rathmullen Park?

I think it would be fair to say the settled gang are pro dominantly from south of the Boyne (Rathmullen Etc) & the Traveller gang are north of the Boyne (Moneymore Etc)
    Although I’m open to correction as I’m not too familiar with this feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭rodmn2377

i think its the other way round, Boylans from moneymore and Mac Guires from old cement road and Rathmullen....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    i think its the other way round, Boylans from moneymore and Mac Guires from old cement road and Rathmullen....

Yesterday’s victim who is heavily linked with the Boylans is from Ballsgrove in Rathmullen, as we’ll as the Crosby’s

There is no designated stronghold or hq for either side of drogheda feud. There are family members of the Mcguire's living in the ballsgrove rathmullan area. Yesterdays victim was from the same area as is Crosbie etc. Close associates of the McGuires live in Moneymore, where several members of the boylan gang are from. There is members of both gangs located around the town and the outer areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

There is no designated stronghold or hq for either side of drogheda feud. There are family members of the Mcguire's living in the ballsgrove rathmullan area. Yesterdays victim was from the same area as is Crosbie etc. Close associates of the McGuires live in Moneymore, where several members of the boylan gang are from. There is members of both gangs located around the town and the outer areas.

Thats messy

Thats messy

The victims sister has a child with CS aka Mr Lie Detector

Thats messy

That's even more messy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭rodmn2377

That would explain why he was supposed to be up to his neck in it a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Didn't Maggo Gately and Barry Finnegan own a salon of some sort together before they ended up on opposing teams?

Mago and Finnegan owned the one on the corner of mayor street in the IFSC.It was raided and closed down and they both lost their investment which was probably just rent.The place was always empty but still stayed open for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Supt Watters would not confirm if a garda patrol car came across one of the getaway cars but lost it. He said he would be concerned about any escalation in criminality, but insisted he had the necessary resources.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0828/1071300-clogherhead-murder-louth/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

rondog wrote: »
    Mago and Finnegan owned the one on the corner of mayor street in the IFSC.It was raided and closed down and they both lost their investment which was probably just rent.The place was always empty but still stayed open for a long time.

Fair few tasty looking woman workin there. I worked right beside it for years.

• Advertisement

Fair few tasty looking woman workin there. I worked right beside it for years.

However tasty they may be, I'd be steering WELL clear considering who their employers were, and how their employers are known to sort out problems!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement