Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Judging by the professional look of the hit, the shooter is fast asleep in bed, happy out.

Wouldn't say they're too happy at all. Failed hit and likely very pissed off for not succeeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Wouldn't say they're too happy at all. Failed hit and likely very pissed off for not succeeding.
    Yeah could lead to a few tit for tat hits. This thread will hopefully come back to life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

"In a stable condition" What sort of caliber was used? Usually 9mm, shot 6 times up close, "Borris the bullet dodger" comes to mind.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/appeal-witnesses-man-injured-lucan-shooting-901372

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Wonder if he recognoised the shooter?

Unlikely that he did, soon as the first shots hit the windscreen he ducked for cover i'd say.

Im sure he'd have a fair idea who his enemies are and who'd be capable of organizing a shooter.

Again very ballsy, broad daylight, in at the back of the estate - had to drive through it on way out- and would be quite a busy road outside it at that time of the day.

No fear from these guys when they want someone shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Martin Foley would be proud of this escape from near certain death. One of the more miraculous gangland survivals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Martin Foley would be proud of this escape from near certain death. One of the more miraculous gangland survivals.

Should have organised a hitman from the Mehican cartel :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Judging by the professional look of the hit, the shooter is fast asleep in bed, happy out.

this isn't true .

seriously pissed off.
    if he was hired for the job he won't get paid. all that time, effort and outlay for fcuk all and a new enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes, the fact he's in a In a stable condition would counteract my previous thoughts, I'm sure the hit team & those who hired them are not happy campers this morning.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

paw patrol wrote: »
    this isn't true .

seriously pissed off.
    if he was hired for the job he won't get paid. all that time, effort and outlay for fcuk all and a new enemy.

Sounds simple and easy in theory, Aim for the head, if he goes down or crouches behind steering well - run up open the door and finish him off in the head.
    Amazed at how many botched hits happen when someone is sitting in the car.

Definitely not happy campers about this hit attempt. When I saw the pictures of bullet holes in through the windscreen I thought for sure he was a goner.

The fact he's in a stable condition suggests he will live but what condition might he be in? Will he live a normal life after recovery or might he be fooked basically? I'm sure that will be down to how severe the head-shots were.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

d3713ae672.png

c774337f4a.png

d3713ae672.png

c774337f4a.png

strange enough they drove over half an hour to bray from lucan to dump and burn that avensis.
    some distance to travel in a car that would of surely been seen acting suspiciously(lads running with balaclavas on, burning a car & jumping into another one in an estate)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    strange enough they drove over half an hour to bray from lucan to dump and burn that avensis.
    some distance to travel in a car that would of surely been seen acting suspiciously(lads running with balaclavas on, burning a car & jumping into another one in an estate)
    i though that was the second car, as in they drove the first car from the scene, burnt it out and jumped in that one, then drove to Bray or wherever it is. There was probably a third car waiting there to swap into.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    i though that was the second car, as in they drove the first car from the scene, burnt it out and jumped in that one, then drove to Bray or wherever it is. There was probably a third car waiting there to swap into.

First car was Volkswagen Caddy , used to ram into the back of victims toyota.

Driven 3mins away to an estate close by then burnt out.

Hopped into second car which was a Vectra driven 6mins up the road then again burnt out.

Hopped into an Avensis which was driven all the way to Bray, over half an hours drive away - then burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Hopped into second car which was a Vectra driven 6mins up the road then again burnt out.

Hopped into an Avensis which was driven all the way to Bray, over half an hours drive away - then burnt out.

Professional job apart from **** shooting

10/10 for burning vehicles. 0/10 for the one thing they were there to do. They have a future career in the arson trade. The assassin careers are over.

Their burning ambitions were to be arsonists.

10/10 for burning vehicles. 0/10 for the one thing they were there to do. They have a future career in the arson trade. The assassin careers are over.

Exactly my thoughts.

It will be tough to get a decent reference for any future hits now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Three men ran riot in Wexford in a shocking chain of incidents which took place last week.
    Extra.ie understands that the men, who had Dublin accents, arrived in Blackwater from a nearby town on Thursday, August 29.
    A witness claimed that the men appeared to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol before they ran riot through the town.
    The group entered the Blackwater Lodge Hotel, where at least two of the men were allegedly involved in the theft of a bag from the staff area behind the bar in the lodge.
    It is understood that the owner of the bag was on her first day at work behind the bar when the men allegedly swiped her bag.
    Gardai confirmed that two men were later arrested in connection with the alleged theft.
    A garda spokesperson told Extra.ie: ‘Gardai are investigating an incident of theft from a hotel in Blackwater, Co. Wexford at approximately 5.30pm on August 29, 2019.
    ‘Two men were arrested. Investigations are ongoing.’
    One local also said her female room mate contacted on the same day to say that a group of men had followed the roommate for a distance before they backed off.
    A second resident told Extra.ie that their neighbour was offered €50 by at least one of the men for a lift to another location.
    When that man refused the money, the ordeal ended in St Brigid’s cemetery, which is near the centre of Blackwater.
    The third man was found face down and unconscious at the cemetery before emergency services arrived.
    A garda spokesperson told Extra.ie: ‘I can confirm Gardai did attend a cemetery in the Blackwater area where a man was found unconscious. He has been dealt with by way of fixed charge penalty notice.’
    There was a suggestion that the men were on day release or had recently been released from a Dublin prison when the incident in Blackwater happened.

https://extra.ie/2019/09/05/news/irish-news/men-run-riot-in-wexford

Four lads arrested over the attempted hit already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Ernie Ryan

Any 1 see the pic of ww in the hospital bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

No, share it for the masses dude.

If the lads went back to finish the job on W W in Connolly Hospital tonight they'd bang into his bed knocking him out of it where hed crawl underneath for protection, proceed to miss their target in a shooting frenzy and leave their calling card by burning three beds on the way out. The lads that couldn't straight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

If the lads went back to finish the job on W W in Connolly Hospital tonight they'd bang into his bed knocking him out of it where hed crawl underneath for protection, proceed to miss their target in a shooting frenzy and leave their calling card by burning three beds on the way out. The lads that couldn't straight.

Have you come round from your op yet?

Yes thanks. I can breath properly for first time in over a year. And believe me that was not nice. Fantastic staff in that place really look after you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Yes thanks. I can breath properly for first time in over a year. And believe me that was not nice. Fantastic staff in that place really look after you.
    I hear they make a great alibi too lol

That Columbian flu is a disaster

That Columbian flu is a disaster

When you cant breath for over a year, have constant nose infections, and had three visits to hospital before finally sitting in a blue dressing gown for 6 hours yesterday before being wheeled into theatre and knocked out for couple hours, once i came around from the heavy sedation i must admit the thought did occur to me that the party just might indeed be finally over ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Spooge_

Ye sound a bit light weight to me lad, wait till ye can put a cotton bud through your nostrils like Francis Rossi or your septum falls out like Danniella Westbrook before leaving the party.

• Advertisement

Spooge_ wrote: »
    Ye sound a bit light weight to me lad, wait till ye can put a cotton bud through your nostrils like Francis Rossi or your septum falls out like Danniella Westbrook before leaving the party.

I know lads with holes in septum. Thank god not for me. But i've had a good 15 year run at it. Resulting in yesterday. Pretty sickening really. Some epidemic out there i see no end to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement