Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is he the lad that got the acid thrown at him?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Spooge_ wrote: »
    He'll be popular with his new inmates.

Gay for the stay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Security officer in the airport?
    All a bit Deirdre Chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How do they justify free legal aid in cases like this considering the money trail?

Looks like he's not contesting & going straight to sentencing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0906/1074251-money-laundering-charge/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I heard he is from a wealthy family in Malahide,
    Rumour is he said the original cash he was caught with was his dad's the Garda didn't believe him but couldn't prove otherwise so looked deeper and now all this has come out,

He was Airport police so obviously thought he wouldn't be checked,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Rumour is he said the original cash he was caught with was his dad's the Garda didn't believe him but couldn't prove otherwise so looked deeper and now all this has come out,

I'd say there is a fine good reason he ain't yappin about anything with that amount of money being laundered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭threeball

Bad couple of weeks for Dublin airport PR. The last two employees we've heard about were laundering money and running a drug ring in Dundalk. I'm off to put extra locks on my suitcase.

threeball wrote: »
    Bad couple of weeks for Dublin airport PR. The last two employees we've heard about were laundering money and running a drug ring in Dundalk. I'm off to put extra locks on my suitcase.

Don't forget the employee who was trafficking people through too.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0323/949649-peter-kernan-court/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

There was also a theft racket a few years ago, can't recall exactly when(3 years ago maybe) but there were numerous complaints about, money, wallets and jewellery going missing through the scanning machine at security

I am led to believe two were caught and sacked but this was not widely publicised at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Can't believe it was head story on RTE that he was a "Model". If he was a bin man nothing more would be siad or reported. This lad is hardly the "Kate Moss" (I Dont know any famous male models) Of Ireland.

Same with the bull**** a few years ago about Kieran Ducie AKA The Wolf....Wolf me hole.... He was a dodgy business man. He looked about 106 years of age hanging around with young wans. I cringed everytime there was a story about him in the paper, no one cared only for Katie French Died in his house and they all sat around and did nothing. His nick name should have been "the Scumbag".

The Papers have built up certain criminals over the years. Paul Williams was one of the worst giving them "Sexy" nicknames to tart up his stories.

The whole Gerry "the Monk" Hutch thing was BS too "He lives a clean life and doesn't do drugs or drink". Total bollox. His family are drug merchants exactly like the Kinahans without the money.

This Country is in big trouble with it's cocaine problem. Average Joe punter can't go out for a pint without a bag in his back pocket. Young Girls can't go out without all huddling in a cubicle snorting away. There is consequences to injesting **** like that into your body, no matter what they tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

threeball wrote: »

Is there news articles online referring to this drug ring in dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Can't believe it was head story on RTE that he was a "Model". If he was a bin man nothing more would be siad or reported. This lad is hardly the "Kate Moss" (I Dont know any famous male models) Of Ireland.

Same with the bull**** a few years ago about Kieran Ducie AKA The Wolf....Wolf me hole.... He was a dodgy business man. He looked about 106 years of age hanging around with young wans. I cringed everytime there was a story about him in the paper, no one cared only for Katie French Died in his house and they all sat around and did nothing. His nick name should have been "the Scumbag".

The Papers have built up certain criminals over the years. Paul Williams was one of the worst giving them "Sexy" nicknames to tart up his stories.

The whole Gerry "the Monk" Hutch thing was BS too "He lives a clean life and doesn't do drugs or drink". Total bollox. His family are drug merchants exactly like the Kinahans without the money.

This Country is in big trouble with it's cocaine problem. Average Joe punter can't go out for a pint without a bag in his back pocket. Young Girls can't go out without all huddling in a cubicle snorting away. There is consequences to injesting **** like that into your body, no matter what they tell you.

Absolutely we are in big trouble with cocaine. I may have made a few jokes at my own expense regards my history with it but it basically destroyed my life for a long, long time and i'm lucky to be alive to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Is there news articles online referring to this drug ring in dundalk?

Think he might be mixing up Dundalk and drogs? Keith Branigan was ex airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Was at EP last weekend and most people were on something.

People doing sniff or yokes dont equate it to murder on the streets of dublin.Not everyone gets messed up doing the odd weekend on a sesh.Ive had friends who gone down a slippery slope with drugs but luckily pulled themselves back.
    Thing is people live mundane lives and the feeling you can get from some decent coke and the fact you can stay up all weekend will always appeal to people.It will never go away.

Some of my mates wont even go to watch a match on sunday without a bag but they arent in trouble.They enhoy themselves then its back to work on monday.People like this who dont have problems and who only use recreationally will always fuel the demand for drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Male model my hole, your man is poxy looking. It’s crazy to think any body can nose dive into the model/ influencer industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

rondog wrote: »
    Was at EP last weekend and most people were on something.

People doing sniff or yokes dont equate it to murder on the streets of dublin.Not everyone gets messed up doing the odd weekend on a sesh.Ive had friends who gone down a slippery slope with drugs but luckily pulled themselves back.
    Thing is people live mundane lives and the feeling you can get from some decent coke and the fact you can stay up all weekend will always appeal to people.It will never go away.

Some of my mates wont even go to watch a match on sunday without a bag but they arent in trouble.They enhoy themselves then its back to work on monday.People like this who dont have problems and who only use recreationally will always fuel the demand for drugs.

There is always going to be people who get away with it. I've seen lads who done alot of drugs and are doing well now and show no signs of the potentail affects of drugs. There will always be the unlucky ones who get caught out and struggle with addiction or have heart/ brain issues. Same can be said with Cigs and Alcohol so i'm under no illusion that just drugs are bad. I think there is more potential for drugs to fu$k your life up. for starters its considerably more expensive, the guys selling it are the type you don't want to owe a few quid to and who knows what is in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Not if you made sure first to put him up again' a wall. In the middle of the field.

Well played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd say the "wolf"was dishing out the free coke and that's the only reason the young wans were near him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

u.

The utter state of that fella. The Wolf, jaysis is there anything sadder than someone who gives themselves a nickname.

Bet he wasn't laughing when he was begging the 18 year old girl to open the door?

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1169717081593524225

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Garda helicopter looks to be over Coolock and an unmarked car went flying up Howth Road with siren blaring 20 minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Bet he wasn't laughing when he was begging the 18 year old girl to open the door?

what door?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Garda helicopter looks to be over Coolock and an unmarked car went flying up Howth Road with siren blaring 20 minutes ago

One coming the wrong way up the Malahide road about 15mins ago too. Helicopter has gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Something happened in foxhill apparently, 3 unmarked cars and ab ambulance flew in there about 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

what door?
    Injured Whelan desperately scampered to the nearest homes leaving a trail of blood all over their driveways and cars. After the first person didn't open he went next door where a shocked 18-year-old girl let him in and called emergency services.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/lucan-shooting-victim-wayne-whelan-16871788

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Donaghmeade shooting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Donaghmeade shooting
    Just like buses. None for ages now 2 in a few days. Nice one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement