Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

threeball wrote: »
    Some seriously sick individuals over there, beheading kids, massacring entire families. There is no line that won't be crossed. The lads we have here are tame in comparison thankfully.

Yes there's some barbaric stuff going on a daily basis but the power struggle beteeen the cartels is what interests me. Also the blatant corruption between all the countries agencies and the dynamics of that and how the Mexican government continues to downplay the extent of the violence when it's pretty obvious that a lot of the country is a war zone. It makes for compelling viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭threeball

Some seriously sick individuals over there, beheading kids, massacring entire families. There is no line that won't be crossed. The lads we have here are tame in comparison thankfully.

Yes there's some barbaric stuff going on a daily basis but the power struggle beteeen the cartels is what interests me. Also the blatant corruption between all the countries agencies and the dynamics of that and how the Mexican government continues to downplay the extent of the violence when it's pretty obvious that a lot of the country is a war zone. It makes for compelling viewing.

Ya I've read a few books on it myself. Harrowing stuff. The cartels pretty much operating as private armies with better weaponry than the actual army. Hard to see how that is ever retrieved. America tightening border controls and implementing tarriffs is actually making it worse as it's forcing more people in to poverty who would have found work in Mexico or migrated to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ya I've read a few books on it myself. Harrowing stuff. The cartels pretty much operating as private armies with better weaponry than the actual army. Hard to see how that is ever retrieved. America tightening border controls and implementing tarriffs is actually making it worse as it's forcing more people in to poverty who would have found work in Mexico or migrated to the states.

God love those people from south and central America who are desperate to get over the border and put their trust in the Coyote's who are just another cog in the Cartel wheel. Another earner for these ruthless organisations and many get extorted of all their belongings and buried in clandestine graves before making it to US soil. Thousands of Hondurans, Guatemalans, Salvadorans run this risk every week. How desperate must their own countries be that they are willing to run this gauntlet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

That's no more $22bn than it is an Elephant painting a nude Barack Obama.

$22bn stacked like that in hundred dollar bills would be 79,200 foot high, it's closer to $22m than $22bn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

$22bn stacked like that in hundred dollar bills would be 79,200 foot high, it's closer to $22m than $22bn.

Those same photos have been doing the rounds on the net for donkeys years, nothing recent about them.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah the Mexican drug wars are the Premier League of drug wars. Decapitating 30 people in one go is par for the course out there. Sure even one of the filming location scouts for the Netflix series Narcos got murdered out there by a drug cartel, a classic case of life imitating art.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Those same photos have been doing the rounds on the net for donkeys years, nothing recent about them.

209 million us dollars was seized from that villa that day. But that's not 209 million in the picture there was money all over that house everywhere. The raid was in 2007. An Asian fella le gon or ye gon. The whole time reeks of corruption he seems to have been in bed with politicians etc and they turned on him

209 million us dollars was seized from that villa that day. But that's not 209 million in the picture there was money all over that house everywhere. The raid was in 2007. An Asian fella le gon or ye gon. The whole time reeks of corruption he seems to have been in bed with politicians etc and they turned on him

I'd say that's where the idea for that Netflix movie Triple frontier comes from. It's about a group of US special ops who decide to rob a drug cartel house where the walls are stuffed with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there are approximately 35 million notes in that stack. that is assuming the stack is about 4 feet high, 10 notes deep and 35 notes wide. if they are 100s that makes 3.5bn. not quite 22bn but a hell of a lot more than 22m

there are approximately 35 million notes in that stack. that is assuming the stack is about 4 feet high, 10 notes deep and 35 notes wide. if they are 100s that makes 3.5bn. not quite 22bn but a hell of a lot more than 22m

You would benefit from actually reading my post, 3.5bn is substantially closer to 22m than it is to 22bn which is what I said.

In any case it isn't 3.5bn or anything close to it. It's tens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions at a push.

• Advertisement

You would benefit from actually reading my post, 3.5bn is substantially closer to 22m than it is to 22bn which is what I said.

In any case it isn't 3.5bn or anything close to it. It's tens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions at a push.

the maths is pretty straightforward. a million us notes is 358 feet high. each of those columns in that stack is approximately 358 feet. there are approx 35 columns, so that gives us 35 millions notes. i doubt drug cartels keep stacks of 1 dollar bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

the maths is pretty straightforward. a million us notes is 358 feet high. each of those columns in that stack is approximately 358 feet. there are approx 35 columns, so that gives us 35 millions notes. i doubt drug cartels keep stacks of 1 dollar bills.

Those columns are about 3ft high???

See what happens this place when nothing is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

You’re post is so wrong I wouldn no where to start.

Have a good think about it.

You don't get to just make up numbers.

If we take your 35 columns approach each column is 10 piles deep to get back to the wall meaning to arrive at your 358 feet per column each individual stack needs to be 35.8 foot high which is clearly nonsense.

You can save yourself the hassle of redundant counterarguments to points I haven't made about denomination. Even if they are all hundreds there is not one billion let alone multiple billion dollars there.

Allinall wrote: »
    You’re post is so wrong I wouldn no where to start.

Have a good think about it.

I can tell by reading this sentence how frustrating talking to you is going to be.

Hit me with it Pythagorus, how do the numbers add up to make it billions.

You don't get to just make up numbers.

If we take your 35 columns approach each column is 10 piles deep to get back to the wall meaning to arrive at your 358 feet per column each individual stack needs to be 35.8 foot high which is clearly nonsense.

You can save yourself the hassle of redundant counterarguments to points I haven't made about denomination. Even if they are all hundred there is not one billion let alone multiple billion dollars there.

no you're right, i'm out by a factor of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Probably more appropriate for junior cert pass maths forum

no you're right, i'm out by a factor of 10.

Fair play for not digging your heels in or not replying like most would, much respect.

Easily done most of us won't see that much money in our lives combined let alone at once.

Drugs seems to be the business

Fair play for not digging your heels in or not replying like most would, much respect.

Easily done most of us won't see that much money in our lives combined let alone at once.

Drugs seems to be the business

its still a **** lot of money :D

Hoboo wrote: »
    Probably more appropriate for junior cert pass maths forum

Hopefully The Salmon or The Yoke Monster will get the finger out tonight and clip The Epileptic or some other fella Paul Williams has given a ridiculous nickname and we can get back to the real business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A billion dollars in hundred bills is about 10 u.s. small crate pallets.

There probably isn't ten of them in that heap
    It's a ****heap of money, not billions, very few will ever have that much in their house who are not Emperor or despot dictator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's all kicking off somewhere.

I'm not bothered embedding video on phone.

Watch "TRAVELLERS SITE GETS SMASHED UP" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/yOF7boIo5ss

Watch "TRAVELLERS PUT A VAN THROUGH THE FRONT OF A HOUSE *PART 1*" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/FxWBvlqcuSE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's all kicking off somewhere.

I'm not bothered embedding video on phone.

Watch "TRAVELLERS SITE GETS SMASHED UP" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/yOF7boIo5ss

Watch "TRAVELLERS PUT A VAN THROUGH THE FRONT OF A HOUSE *PART 1*" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/FxWBvlqcuSE

The site being smashed up is tagged as london

The van going through front of house is in derry. Your boy herbal freedom fighter on twitter had it up last week theres more videos of it and pics have a look its bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Fcuk sake we need another shooting already. Arguing over the height of a stack of American dollars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The Mig wrote: »
    Fcuk sake we need another shooting already. Arguing over the height of a stack of American dollars

Be calculating the possibility of an African swallow carrying a coconut to England next.

sorry about that.

Well get out and shoot someone then. No point hanging around here bitching. Make sh1t happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Well get out and shoot someone then. No point hanging around here bitching. Make sh1t happen.
    I left my gun in the burnt out vehicle

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement