Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Any word on who was nabbed on the Oscar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Oscar Traynor Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Oscar Traynor Road.

Jesus. Even the scrotes are going double barrelled these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Associates of Sean Little again. Two of them anyway are "close associates"

Hardly his Father and brother nabbed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Associates of Sean Little again. Two of them anyway are "close associates"

Hardly his Father and brother nabbed again?

Arent they on remand for the first attempt on Smithers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

rondog wrote: »
    Arent they on remand for the first attempt on Smithers?

Read since the older guy was a taxi driver so not the father anyway.

No dont think so, just your man McDonnell charged over the one on Smithers. Others werent caught with the gun so i presume lack of evidence at this stage anyway to charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Read since the older guy was a taxi driver so not the father anyway.

No dont think so, just your man McDonnell charged over the one on Smithers. Others werent caught with the gun so i presume lack of evidence at this stage anyway to charge them.

Jake Kearney, 25 from Coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Looks like we might actually get some answers as to what the hell happened behind the scenes at Ballymun Garda Station to collapse the trial of Patrick Hutch over the Regency shootings.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/collapsed-hutch-murder-trial-transcripts-to-be-given-to-gsoc-1.4055279

There must surely be more to this than merely being unable to call the deceased Garda as a witness, if they're going to these lengths to try and uncover what was going on in the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wouldnt hold out any hope that GSOC will be releasing a public report on what happened with the collapse of the Hutch trial. It will be swept under the carpet.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wouldnt hold out any hope that GSOC will be releasing a public report on what happened with the collapse of the Hutch trial. It will be swept under the carpet.

I’d be very surprised, GSOC have had several extremely high profile and controversial cases (Kieran Boylan and Ian Bailey are two examples which come quickly to mind) where they have had no issue with briefing the media and releasing a full report for public consumption. They really have no reason to be in cahoots with the establishment if you consider how regularly they clash with them quite publicly (criticizing pace of legislative change, criticizing Garda non-compliance with requests for information and the lack of legislative teeth for them to force this, criticizing the lack of authority to investigate the commissioner, their response to the bugging controversy, their criticisms of underfunding, and the various prosecutions they’ve undertaken against gardai over the years) so I really can’t see them being in any way inclined to help anyone out by covering up a report if it did uncover any sort of

• Advertisement

I just think that if the report were to reveal what many people think went on then it will get buried and filed under national security or some other guff. The State would not want such information in the public domain for the can of worms it could open.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I just think that if the report were to reveal what many people think went on then it will get buried and filed under national security or some other guff. The State would not want such information in the public domain for the can of worms it could open.

I agree the state wouldn’t want it out there but as I say I don’t see GSOC complying with any such desire for a cover up. They have no reason to favour protecting anyone’s (or any organisation’s) reputation and they’ve never had a problem disregarding such appetites for suppression in the past.

Obviously that’s coloured by how curious I am about this, I really, really want them to publish something at the end of the day :D

The problem though is a senior Garda died by suicide. I just cant see them publishing anything that might reflect badly on someone not around to defend themselves. Im curious myself to find out what, if anything, was going on between the Garda and Patrick Hutch but cant ever see the public finding out. Time will tell but not holding my breath on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Shooting Mac uilliam estate fortunestown heavy Garda presence

Seen the above on a Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Shooting Mac uilliam estate fortunestown heavy Garda presence

Seen the above on a Facebook page

The whole estate needs to be bulldozed. Its a ghetto in there, with good people trapped by a failed multicultural policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Reports of two houses burnt in Coolock feud related any info

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

I heard he was on the Hutch side. We’ll never know the full story of what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The scene of a shooting on Mac Uilliam Parade , in Tallaght, Dublin, which occurred yesterday evening.

Man in 30's injured in leg.

808a8f3bad.jpg

0daaa49a17.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Doing well to get his legs that high to get injured

That would tie in with the rumours that the list of Regency suspects in Ballymun Garda station fell into the hands of Jaws within hours of the shooting, and also with the fact that Neddie Hutch was whacked within a couple of days.

I've never really understood this rumour, I mean the barking dogs in the street knew the Hutch side were out for revenge even before the Regency (so much so that there was an article about the potential for violence at the event several months before it was due to be held) so I don't see why they'd need any leaks from the Gardaí in order to target close relatives of Gary Hutch. I always assumed that as soon as the shooting happened, they made the obvious assumption it was the Hutches and decided to go after them, rather than having received any actual intelligence pointing to a suspect?

• Advertisement

Why are there lots of little holes in that wall and why are they all so high up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why are there lots of little holes in that wall and why are they all so high up?

I'd imagine shot gun pellets , if you look closer the two windows are smashed,

Obviously fired a few times ,

I'd imagine shot gun pellets , if you look closer the two windows are smashed,

Obviously fired a few times ,

Ah I see the window. So shotguns fire multiple pellets whereas a gun fires single bullets?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Shotguns fire different types of bullets. The ones above are probably Birdshot meaning they spray out steel pellets in all directions. It also might have been a sawn-off which makes them spray more randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

I've never really understood this rumour, I mean the barking dogs in the street knew the Hutch side were out for revenge even before the Regency (so much so that there was an article about the potential for violence at the event several months before it was due to be held) so I don't see why they'd need any leaks from the Gardaí in order to target close relatives of Gary Hutch. I always assumed that as soon as the shooting happened, they made the obvious assumption it was the Hutches and decided to go after them, rather than having received any actual intelligence pointing to a suspect?

Why target Neddie specifically, though? If you wanted to strike at the Hutch crew I'd imagine he would normally have been near the lower end of the list. He hardly had the profile or notoriety of some of the Hutch associates.

I got the sense the Kinahan / Byrne side only seemed to target people who they thought had a direct involvement in the Regency job either as gunmen or as 'logistical support'. Of course, that cabbage Glen Clarke managed to kill the wrong man on two separate occasions. Incidentally, there's something very fishy around the investigation (or lack of one) of Clarkey's death...

It struck me as a distinct possibility that the Gardaí may have had CCTV evidence that showed Neddie's taxi in the area around the time the lads were making their getaway, and that information got passed along to someone on the other team, and in short order poor old Neddie's brains were splattered on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

hankless wrote: »
    Shotguns fire different types of bullets. The ones above are probably Birdshot meaning they spray out steel pellets in all directions. It also might have been a sawn-off which makes them spray more randomly.

3 different shots hit that pillar,

A sawn off would do that size though.

We used a lot of shotgun cartridges on an old house and car as teenagers.

I'd guarantee he fired from the middle of the road or the far path, not by their garden wall as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Danzy wrote: »

We used a lot of shotgun cartridges on an old house and car as teenagers.

Wow, you must be hard as ****ing nails

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Why target Neddie specifically, though? If you wanted to strike at the Hutch crew I'd imagine he would normally have been near the lower end of the list. He hardly had the profile or notoriety of some of the Hutch associates.

I got the sense the Kinahan / Byrne side only seemed to target people who they thought had a direct involvement in the Regency job either as gunmen or as 'logistical support'. Of course, that cabbage Glen Clarke managed to kill the wrong man on two separate occasions. Incidentally, there's something very fishy around the investigation (or lack of one) of Clarkey's death...

It struck me as a distinct possibility that the Gardaí may have had CCTV evidence that showed Neddie's taxi in the area around the time the lads were making their getaway, and that information got passed along to someone on the other team, and in short order poor old Neddie's brains were splattered on the wall.

The attack team allegedly left in taxis after dumping the van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Ah I see the window. So shotguns fire multiple pellets whereas a gun fires single bullets?

Is this a serious question in a thread about gangland shootings? Fcukin hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

declanleo wrote: »
    More than likely he was on the hutch payroll. No gardai near the regency wasn't a coincidence.

Fire brigade got there first. Then ambulances and eventually guards. Enough said. Shooters weren't panicked even driving off knew they'd lots of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement