Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Someone shot dead in bettystown

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Thread cleaned up. Advocating for shootings is idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Linked to the fued in Drogheda seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Significant player, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

https://twitter.com/11SchillRob/status/1191638122905374720

Price would be on the Maguire side. From the above it seems the dead man is on the Boylan side

The 39-year-old, who was originally from Coolock, was targeted in Castlemartin Drive in the seaside village at 11.30pm last night.

The man, who was known to gardai, was shot outside his house in the quiet mature cul de sac.

It is believed a previous attempt was made on his life last year.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/man-shot-dead-in-meath-believed-to-be-latest-victim-of-gang-feud-38662313.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Someone shot dead in bettystown

Happened just up the road in my sister in laws estate.

Anybody really interested in the war on drugs should listen to Johan Hari’s research. In short, making drugs illegal creates cartels and drug lords , accounts for most drug related deaths, pretty much guarantees people addicted to these drugs will never recover, makes it easier to access for younger people, people who die from overdose do quite often because the drugs aren’t properly regulated, most drug related crimes stop after decriminalisation and it doesn’t really achieve any of the goals people think it’s supposed to represent. So this shooting just wouldn’t happen and families in that estate wouldn’t be having to wonder what might of happened had the shooter gotten the wrong target!

Ah but sure, aren’t we told they are bad so why bother even looking at why they were made illegal and how countries that have decriminalised them have done...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Victim believed to be originally from Coolock.

• Advertisement

I'm hearing the name Carberry

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I'm hearing the name Carberry

Yes - Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Moneyman for Mr Big. - Not to be confused with Mr Bog who started the turf wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Great to have the thread up and running again. Is this related to the feud in Drogehda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Jesus, just around the corner from my house. I saw a Garda watching a cordoned off crime scene this morning. I didn't know someone was shot dead until I heard it on the news just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Drumpot wrote: »
    Happened just up the road in my sister in laws estate.

Anybody really interested in the war on drugs should listen to Johan Hari’s research. In short, making drugs illegal creates cartels and drug lords , accounts for most drug related deaths, pretty much guarantees people addicted to these drugs will never recover, makes it easier to access for younger people, people who die from overdose do quite often because the drugs aren’t properly regulated, most drug related crimes stop after decriminalisation and it doesn’t really achieve any of the goals people think it’s supposed to represent. So this shooting just wouldn’t happen and families in that estate wouldn’t be having to wonder what might of happened had the shooter gotten the wrong target!

Ah but sure, aren’t we told they are bad so why bother even looking at why they were made illegal and how countries that have decriminalised them have done...

Really interesting to listen to this guy, I do wonder how far away from a new approach we are, though looking through boards the amount of people looking for harsher sentences makes me think it will not happen in my lifetime, but surely someday someone with a bit of intelligence will be voted into power.

Anyone know if the lad who got plugged is the lad in the WhatsApp videos driving around with gloves on threatening people?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

Anyone know if the lad who got plugged is the lad in the WhatsApp videos driving around with gloves on threatening people?
    what whatsapp videos?

gw123gw wrote: »
    what whatsapp videos?

I got sent two this morning. Tough looking lad driving around making threats and shouting at some other lads. Flashing his Rolex and offering 1k for whereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Im not sure about the videos but they guy who was shot is a very normal looking family guy, but he's who boylan answers to (so Im told). RC as named earlier.

Gotta hand it to the travellers, they dont mess about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hoboo wrote: »

Gotta hand it to the travellers, they dont mess about.

Seems like the tide has turned since a certain fella got out?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Seems like the tide has turned since a certain fella got out?

Hells a comin! I've no idea but certainly seems so. They aren't messing about, that's two for two.

Was outside kavanaghs house at lunchtime opposite mcdonalds shop, blue Lexus pulled up outside, guy who hopped out looked very busy, ran into the house, grabbed a bag and back out. Short hair, tattoo on his neck. Looked shook.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Hoboo wrote: »
    Hells a comin! I've no idea but certainly seems so. They aren't messing about, that's two for two.

Was outside kavanaghs house at lunchtime opposite mcdonalds shop, blue Lexus pulled up outside, guy who hopped out looked very busy, ran into the house, grabbed a bag and back out. Short hair, tattoo on his neck. Looked shook.

Not sure why he would look shook, they seem to be in control at the minute! Imagine Boylan's feeling the pressure now.

wardides wrote: »
    Not sure why he would look shook, they seem to be in control at the minute! Imagine Boylan's feeling the pressure now.

Shook/concerned/worried/burdened shoulders/alot on his mind.

I could think of a few reasons why. He certainly didn't look chilled, and he was in a hurry. For whatever reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Loads of different articles on news sites about yesterday's shooting victim. Worth a read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Loads of different articles on news sites about yesterday's shooting victim. Worth a read

Would you mind posting some links?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭rodmn2377

"Carberry first became a key target for the Maguire gang because an innocent woman known to him is "on very friendly terms" with a currently jailed gunman, who is the chief suspect for the botched gangland hit on Maguire which fanned the feud"

got that out of the independent, did i read here before that smith was involved with a sister of one of the players in this feud so guessing this is him.

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    "Carberry first became a key target for the Maguire gang because an innocent woman known to him is "on very friendly terms" with a currently jailed gunman, who is the chief suspect for the botched gangland hit on Maguire which fanned the feud"

got that out of the independent, did i read here before that smith was involved with a sister of one of the players in this feud so guessing this is him.

Had read that, but considering what the Sunday World tweeted and what others are saying it would seem he was a major player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Would you mind posting some links?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/drogheda-feud-moves-up-a-gear-as-gang-comes-under-new-management-1.4073552

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/father-gunned-down-outside-home-was-main-player-in-feud-38665972.html

https://www.herald.ie/news/drug-trafficker-shot-six-times-in-gun-murder-linked-to-deadly-feud-38665754.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/slain-drugs-kingpin-moved-family-to-safety-in-wake-of-march-attack-1.4073474

rodmn2377 wrote: »

Smith wasnt the triggerman for Owen Maguire. I dont know who it was but it wasnt Smith. It was said before on this that Smith has a child with Branigan(1st victim of Drogheda feud) sister. It was also said they're estranged this years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

I see the Daily Mail in Britain has posted findings that MI5 allowed murders under their watch,Smith will have a field day with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement