Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Hemel Davidsons

D.Wilmott wrote: »
    Was the Coolock shooting victim yesterday related to Noel/Lee Boylan?

A relative of Niall Boylan apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

lcasey90 wrote: »
    I hate these comments as if guards are going to be looking for a online forum to link two separate murders together when the name of the beaten guy isn't even known

Obviously not. :rolleyes: Throwaway comment with new sign ups asking questions straight off the bat on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, I want to know how An Post had this young man on their payroll?

An Post, a cornerstone of of our society. Vital part!

It's all about distribution...

An Post is the state-owned provider of postal services.

Ironic to think that the distribution of his drugs was probably state funded :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I hate these comments as if guards are going to be looking for a online forum to link two separate murders together when the name of the beaten guy isn't even known

They wouldn’t be your garden variety uniforms, and you can be sure in cases where the name appears on this forum when it hasn’t been publicly released, red flags will be raised that posters subsequent posts will be noted.

Any notions other than this would be very naive.

And for the record, my car is taxed insured and the only reason I have no nct is that I have to go back for a visual, that’s all just a visual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, I want to know how An Post had this young man on their payroll?

!

They hired him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

begbysback wrote: »
    They wouldn’t be your garden variety uniforms, and you can be sure in cases where the name appears on this forum when it hasn’t been publicly released, red flags will be raised that posters subsequent posts will be noted.

And for the record, my car is taxed insured and the only reason I have no nct is that I have to go back for a visual, that’s all just a visual.

Guards will have more information than anyone on this forum could provide unless it's someone well connected. Take fish's murder don't yiu think that the guards would have a more indept knowledge considering they have been investigating this fued since the first murders happened. There has to be a solid line of investigation required for a case not just well a user named bighairyballs88 commented on boards that this is what happeend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

begbysback wrote: »

Tough shit Frank, knock on the door coming for you.

I'd say they might take an odd look at the thread

More out of curiosity than anything doubt they get any info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Guards will have more information than anyone on this forum could provide unless it's someone well connected. Take fish's murder don't yiu think that the guards would have a more indept knowledge considering they have been investigating this fued since the first murders happened. There has to be a solid line of investigation required for a case not just well a user named bighairyballs88 commented on boards that this is what happeend

You are correct, they would have more information than anyone on here, but that’s quantity young man, the other type of information which is qualitative is what they would be searching for, and guess what detectives do sir? Yes, they search, and today they now have found 30 synonyms for the word heinous, courtesy of boards, that’s quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm pulling straws out of my balls here .....

Out of curiousity...why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What I want to know is when are the Government going to wake themselves up and treat this as seriously as they should be.

Leo you twat stop fawning over Trudeaus socks or the PM of Holland's shoes and do your fooking job.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What I want to know is when are the Government going to wake themselves up and treat this as seriously as they should be.

Leo you twat stop fawning over Trudeaus socks or the PM of Holland's shoes and do your fooking job.

What do you want Leo to do?

Guards are met with walls of silence wherever they go, until the communities around these lads stop protecting, hiding & supporting them no-one will ever be able to do anything about this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

What do you want Leo to do?

Guards are met with walls of silence wherever they go, until the communities around these lads stop protecting, hiding & supporting them no-one will ever be able to do anything about this stuff.

Take Coolock for example,

You give info to a guard because you were caught with a joint so you're not prosecuted that "small balls" is banging out ounces.

"Smalls balls" is told you gave them up and to give up who's supplying them, and on it goes

Decent people in these areas don't trust the guards as an organisation for a reason they've shown they're corrupt and not the people's saviour.

anyone know much about these lads? where it's filmed?

Tippsman wrote: »
    Decent people in these areas don't trust the guards as an organisation for a reason they've shown they're corrupt and not the people's saviour.

See with this line you have proven my point entirely, until the people engage with the gardai at a meaningful level, the gardai will never be able to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Berserker5 wrote: »

anyone know much about these lads? where it's filmed?

That's at least a month old. That's Gramsey Joyce. His house was in the news last week for a 13 year old girl getting cut up. That is probably in Lisnaskea in Fermanagh

See with this line you have proven my point entirely, until the people engage with the gardai at a meaningful level, the gardai will never be able to do anything.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not engaging with an guards. See something, say nothing.
    Tolerate and give clean drugs
    Why risk your life or your extended families lifes for nothing, the country is flooded with drugs especially coke which is taking like have a spliff now.

A totally different approach is needed, that won't happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Odelay

I wouldn't blame anyone for not engaging with an guards. See something, say nothing.
    Why risk your life or your extended families lifes for nothing, the country is flooded with drugs especially coke which is taking like have a spliff now.

What is the different approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Odelay wrote: »

Legalisation of drugs. No politician will ever have the balls, what with the fear of alienating their chances of staying in power, on the gravy train.

I agree with you, and even if you did engage - the Gardai can't protect you from an angry man wanting to get back at a rat.

I don't know what the answer is - But looking to the gubbermint and blaming Leo certainly isn't it.

• Advertisement

Legalising drugs won't work they will just turn to other crimes sure it might stop the shootings maybe for awhile. The government should look at Rico charges like the US does, take the guicci gang if they could show a few guys connected and one is linked to shooting they will all face charges related to shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Legalising drugs won't work they will just turn to other crimes sure it might stop the shootings maybe for awhile. The government should look at Rico charges like the US does, take the guicci gang if they could show a few guys connected and one is linked to shooting they will all face charges related to shooting.

you're saying we'll get on top of things by arresting people?

you're saying we'll get on top of things by arresting people?

I know I know it sounds crazy but it could work

1,The Portuguese model of decriminalise drug use.

https://filtermag.org/portugal-decriminalization-drug-use-explained/amp/

2, Tolerate and sell safe tested weed low thc at reasonable prices and higher prices for stronger thc content.

3, Community treatment for drug addiction.

4, An area to safely administer and take or test drugs.

There are no links between body found this morning and last nights shooting.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Has the identity of the body found this morning been released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

The Singaporean model of simply executing drug dealers.

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Has the identity of the body found this morning been released?

No, not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TownsendD6

GBX wrote: »
    Obviously not. :rolleyes: Throwaway comment with new sign ups asking questions straight off the bat on this thread.

What, new sign ups can't ask questions? Why don't tell everyone how to behave on here, cos i think I missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

It seems as the da of SL recently murdered this year has set up the hit on fish.. Possibly from the edenmore area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement