Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Davidplat wrote: »
    It seems as the da of SL recently murdered this year has set up the hit on fish.. Possibly from the edenmore area

Fishy set up SL? Hardly fish ordering the SL/JD hits so either the da is picking very low level guys for revenge or this theory is making no sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

lcasey90 wrote: »
    Fishy set up SL? Hardly fish ordering the SL/JD hits so either the da is picking very low level guys for revenge or this theory is making no sense?

Chopper over raheny right now

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Chopper over raheny right now

Sorry it was a car crash

What's the story with fish's mate meant to be missing seen on twitter he was supposedly in the house with him

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

Fishy been talking wild on social media about SL death and was confronted about it. Shots wore fired in edenmore av...frim what I am hearing seems family of SL have done fish. If that's just over social media comments or something else I am not certain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Ballymun death being treated as tragic accident

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

declanleo wrote: »
    Ballymun death being treated as tragic accident

The location did sort of point to a possible user, reported earlier that the injuries may have been historical.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Legalising drugs won't work they will just turn to other crimes sure it might stop the shootings maybe for awhile.

There is no alternative that I can think of with huge profit margins like drugs. All your ex drug dealers aren't going to become bank robbers + with the tax revenue and extra jobs from the legal drugs industry any government could do a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

The sl,jd hits are not connected jd was murdered because he wouldnt pay back a 70k debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

The sl,jd hits are not connected jd was murdered because he wouldnt pay back a 70k debt.

What an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

No, not yet

Eh, leave me out of this..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Garda should just let them at it.
    Scumbag shooting scumbag.
    No great losses to society.
    The only problem I can see is someone innocent getting killed.
    The rest I have no sympathy for.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

If I had a euro for everytime I seen this posted on here,innocents get caught up in this a lot more than you think and just one innocent person is one too many.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    If I had a euro for everytime I seen this posted on here.

Yep. I’d say many feel like I do.
    These people prey on the weak-minded and others fear them because of the threats they make. If their local society is too fearful to stand up to them or report their actions then the Garda should just let them at it.
    You get what you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

No, not yet
    not yet wrote: »
    Eh, leave me out of this..

Patience is a virtue,.he waited and waited, sitting there for weeks on end staring at his phone, checking replies, posts, anything that would fulfill his need and give him the go-ahead to be the man of the moment, the BIG guy, the comedian.......until finally FINALLY someone give him what he needed... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

randomspud wrote: »
    The Singaporean model of simply executing drug dealers.

Singapore is a far smaller and less rugged island than Ireland surrounded by countries with similar archaic drug laws, good luck policing the coast of West Cork the way Singapore is. Nevermind the moral dilema of the state murdering a person over weed, which is what you are proposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Horse****. Not sure about you but I don’t want to live in a Wild West society where these animals can go about wiping each other out.

We have laws and ethics that decide who should be punished and how. Now, the justice system is far from perfect but I’d rather society dished out the punishments instead of Johnny Scroteball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Collie D wrote: »
    I don’t want to live in a Wild West society where these animals can go about wiping each other out.

You already do.

Collie D wrote: »
    Horse****. Not sure about you but I don’t want to live in a Wild West society where these animals can go about wiping each other out.

We have laws and ethics that decide who should be punished and how. Now, the justice system is far from perfect but I’d rather society dished out the punishments rather than Johnny Scroteball.

The Garda need the support and information from the locals to get on top of it.
    That’s what we have been told. It is how society and policing works.
    If the locals refuse to supply them with the necessary information then they are allowing it to continue and there’s not much the Garda can do except hit and miss policing of the area and a few lucky interceptions. It will go on for some time just as it is at present if things don’t change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

If the locals refuse to supply them with the necessary information then they are allowing it to continue and there’s not much the Garda can do except hit and miss policing of the area and a few lucky interceptions. It will go on for some time just as it is at present if things don’t change.

We need Dog The Bounty Hunter,.the locals seem to have no problem pointing out the bad boys to him :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

randomspud wrote: »
    You already do.

How have you come to that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I agree with you to an extent but I can 100% understand someone not wanting to get involved for fear of having a petrol bomb put through their window or having their own and their family’s lives threatened.

Locals do need to get involved in this but it’s a two way street. If the only time you see a Guard is when somebody has called them (and even then you might not) then there’s not going to be a lot of interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

Check out the police in big uk city's like London Manchester Liverpool Sheffield Nottingham. No locals speak there is a constant wall of silance but yet not many murders are unsolved in them city's.. The policing is just much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Check out the police in big uk city's like London Manchester Liverpool Sheffield Nottingham. No locals speak there is a constant wall of silance but yet not many murders are unsolved in them city's.. The policing is just much better.

I'm assuming the UK's vast infastructure of CCTV helps quite a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Each one of these murders costs the state several million euros...

You would need to supply a link to back that statement up.
    I don’t believe it’s any better despite having higher numbers of police.
    Manchester has around 10K police. Ireland in its entirety has just 14K. Can’t find figures for Dublin alone.

Anyone have links to the stuff fish was saying about little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

You would need to supply a link to back that statement up.
    I don’t believe it’s any better despite having higher numbers of police.
    Manchester has around 10K police. Ireland in its entirety has just 14K. Can’t find figures for Dublin alone.

"murder detection rate fell to 72 per cent in London last year from its normal levels of around 90 per cent"

Seems a massive differential

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/13/murders-becoming-harder-solve-met-police-commissioner-admits/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Odelay

Didn’t go so well for some Irish lads in Birmingham...

• Advertisement

Berserker5 wrote: »
    "murder detection rate fell to 72 per cent in London last year from its normal levels of around 90 per cent"

Seems a massive differential

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/13/murders-becoming-harder-solve-met-police-commissioner-admits/amp/

That proves the point about gang related murders.
    Fear prevents people from giving information.
    People need to speak up and confront the issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement