Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Slightly) bonkers question!

Options
  • 15-07-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I may just be losing my marbles here, but did anyone else notice that their hair changed colour during pregnancy? :eek:

I've read that your hair texture can change (become thicker, thinner etc) but i am absolutely convinced that my hair has gotten way darker since i've been pregnant. For reference, my hair would have been a light/medium brown naturally fading into a very light blonde (balayage effect). My natural hair is now gone a very dark brown and the blonde has almost gone a light brown colour :confused:

Obviously it's not the end of the world :D but i'm really curious as to whether this is an actual 'thing'!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Mine went a bit bonkers after my second pregnancy. I’ve had highlights for years now but my natural hair is a mousey brown. It started to grow a natural highlight from the root, hairdresser couldn’t get over it! It also started reacting differently to bleach so it’s taken a long time to get it back to the colour I like - which has driven me nuts!

I believe hair colour changes are common enough during and after pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Unfortunately the only colour mine changed to is grey }:‑)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well your hair all falls out then grows back, so yeah you could be spot on!
    Mine ALL grew back bloody grey after the first two.And then I noticed after my third it grew back black at the front!!
    Flippin hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

Yes, it does become darker. My hairdresser took a photo of mine to show me the difference as it was much more obvious at the back of my hair. He said he sees it all the time! Hormones I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭jo2509

Well i'm glad to hear i've not gone totally mad yet :D

Digs funny you should say yours reacted differently to bleach, i'd been thinking of booking myself in to get it done but i'm thinking it's probably best to leave it now, no point spending all that money if it's going to have a mind of it's own anyway :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement