Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan The hunt for Webb Ellis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Are you seriously expecting Italy to have a realistic chance of getting out of their pool? Snowball`s chance in hell IMO.

Highly unlikely yes but Italy have beaten them in thelast two years. It would be like Japan beating South Africa in last World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

South Africa looked like a team who were binding there time a bit

They knw they will have a soft QF in terms of historical significance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

PTH2009 wrote: »

Uh huh.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Can we all stop with this idea that teams are so controlled that they can take it easy when in the middle of a bruising WC game trying to get marginally better draws. The only way this can happen is if they pick a weaker team, and even those guys will go hell for leather. It is not at all prevalent for a team to go 80% or mind themselves when playing the ****ing All Blacks and still come out within 10 points of them. That was a first choice SA today and they had a humdinger of a game. Two great teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

icdg wrote: »
    Pity World Rugby have ditched World in Union from the world feed titles.

Any reason why?

Was it played at opening ceremony?

Highly unlikely yes but Italy have beaten them in thelast two years. It would be like Japan beating South Africa in last World Cup.

in fairness that was 3 years ago (nov 16) and with sth africa at their lowest point really in a november friendly in an Italy home game.

not a hope of this happening now. would be a bigger upset that Japan beating them last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

glasso wrote: »
    in fairness that was 3 years ago (nov 16) and with sth africa at their lowest point really in a november friendly in an Italy home game.

not a hope of this happening now. would be a bigger upset that Japan beating them last time.

And Italy lost to Tonga the following week.

I think it would be as big a shock as the Japan win. Of course South Africa should win comfortably on recent form but Italy will be well drilled and could make it uncomfortable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

an inanimate carbon rod would have beaten SA that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Can we all stop with this idea that teams are so controlled that they can take it easy when in the middle of a bruising WC game trying to get marginally better draws. The only way this can happen is if they pick a weaker team, and even those guys will go hell for leather. It is not at all prevalent for a team to go 80% or mind themselves when playing the ****ing All Blacks and still come out within 10 points of them. That was a first choice SA today and they had a humdinger of a game. Two great teams.

You might need to familiarise yourself with PTH2009's contributions a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Just a pity there are no games to look forward to in the afternoons or evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

The "highlights" on the World Rugby YouTube channel are shocking.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Recorded games :)

I'm watching France / Argies now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The "highlights" on the World Rugby YouTube channel are shocking.

Absolutely crap. No scoreboard makes them nearly impossible to follow when they don't show penalties or conversions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Any one have a good timetable of all gamrs in Irish time? The Guardian has good schedule but in Japanese time. Useless so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The Ultimate Rugby app has it all if add the tournament to your favorites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wesley Fofana has dropped out of the French squad through injury. Such a shame that a great player retires from test rugby like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bobbyss wrote: »
    Any one have a good timetable of all gamrs in Irish time? The Guardian has good schedule but in Japanese time. Useless so.

The World Cup app is pretty decent, shows game fixtures in your local time and you can filter by pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Absolutely crap. No scoreboard makes them nearly impossible to follow when they don't show penalties or conversions.

Didn't think anyone could put together highlights worse than the Pro14 but here we are. It's such a missed opportunity, the Japan highlights have nearly half a million view in a day, safe to say a decent number of those could be from potential new fans. Good incentive to watch the full games back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

The World Cup app is pretty decent, shows game fixtures in your local time and you can filter by pool.

Good for times but it's messed up for scores, it showed them in reverse for the France v Argentina match earlier -_-

Can't upload images for some reason, not sure if the below will work

70434217_10211904631690385_3845622573337411584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmHW4w7muWnuOL3mX_P6IiSXn2XKRHve0CV4JKIi0kWNK2Y-dlmYAeCOICm-Igy808&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2227dce6edabbc39823bb7783ada1ecd&oe=5E3D536A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

All that you have to do is subtract 8 hours from Japanese time to convert to Irish time so 7pm Japanese is 11am Irish etc.. The only change to that may be for the final week of the tournament when the clocks go back an hour here. I`m not sure whether or not the Japanese alter their clocks then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Any reason why?

Was it played at opening ceremony?

It was.
    Interestingly there is an official version for this year sung by Kiyoe Yoshioka (sung at the ceremony) , however this is not the version being used by ITV.
    Emeli Sandé and Sarah Álainn made their version especially for ITV. It has no official affiliation with the competition. It's the first time ITV made their own version.
    I wonder if we could just adjust the history books to make it the official 2015 version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Could have equally ended up in the same group 6 months ago.

Even this morning they were in 4th, but only 0.02 ranking points ahead of Wales in 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

All that you have to do is subtract 8 hours from Japanese time to convert to Irish time so 7pm Japanese is 11am Irish etc..

I suspect the man understands the concept of a time difference but is looking for something that saves the hassle of daily mental arithmetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finally caught up with all the games, I've been avoiding social media (actually, any media) all day. Sat down and watched through. That was some day of rugby, quality stuff.

Deligehted to see Argentina lose, not just the game, but their heads after the game.

Fiji were on fire for large parts of their game, these guys are beasts against a not-small Australian team. Scoreline not reflective, etc.

NZ are sick. They were sat on by SA for the first 20, and finish the 25 minute mark 7 points ahead, very All Black. Fair reflection, both very good sides, great contest.

Can't see tomorrow being as entertaining, but as long as we win with no injuries, I do not care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

491249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Much like the value of Willie le roux, I see no forward value with RK. And you ain't gonna win a game on the defensive Vs the ABs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Deligehted to see Argentina lose, not just the game, but their heads after the game.

Just curious but why so?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Much like the value of Willie le roux, I see no forward value with RK. And you ain't gonna win a game on the defensive Vs the ABs

But are you gonna with it with Larmour or whoever else there? Kind of a case of Kearney being the known entity and guaranteeing security with anyone else being a risk.

I think a lot depends on which teams take the inevitable injuries over the next two weeks, luck basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any eir logins going spare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hermy wrote: »
    Just curious but why so?

... Argentina.

That said we witnessed two of the best wingers in the world on opposite teams today and it was a joy to watch

Hermy wrote: »
    Just curious but why so?

Our quarter final defeat in the last cartoon I assume.

Can still hear the commentator roaring "MONTEERROOO" as our World Cup ended.

That said we witnessed two of the best wingers in the world on opposite teams today and it was a joy to watch

I've always laughed at that saying "he could beat two men in a phonebox" but I feel like Kolbe actually could

But are you gonna with it with Larmour or whoever else there? Kind of a case of Kearney being the known entity and guaranteeing security with anyone else being a risk.

I think a lot depends on which teams take the inevitable injuries over the next two weeks, luck basically.

Just an opinion but I thought Addison looked the business

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Our quarter final defeat in the last cartoon I assume.

Can still hear the commentator roaring "MONTEERROOO" as our World Cup ended.

But that was our fault, not theirs.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Just an opinion but I thought Addison looked the business

Little bit late in the day for a who's on the plane argument.

Not that I disagree, he was excellent against Wales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

I've always laughed at that saying "he could beat two men in a phonebook" but I feel like Kolbe actually could

He could even do it in a phone box

SJW Lover wrote: »
    He could even do it in a phone box

Autocorrect strikes again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The RK who started our only two wins against the All Blacks or a different one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

50 seconds in and a penalty for offside at a ruck.
    That won’t continue

Bargain basement comms on ITV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great try that

No need for Parisse to try that offload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

It's just so sad to watch Parisse as a shadow of his former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I know a prop that will get on your nerves!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Are Eir not showing Italy game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Where is Namibia v Italy on Eir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

How is it still 7-7 after that?!

Advertisement