Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre repair - question

Options
  • 15-07-2019 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I need to repair a small gash (1 x 2mm) approx. in a tyre - it is in the centre part of the tyre but not through to inner layer etc. What is the best type of glue to use in this case? I have Loctite Super Glue but wondering if there is a special or better glue I should use. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Don't use superglue. It gets brittle when it hardens and will just fall out.

I've used E6000 in the past. It's a 1-part epoxy and remains flexible when it dries. I got mine on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

Just thinking out loud... would it be any harm to put one of those "emergency tyre boot" tubeless patches that Park makes, on the inside of the tyre? That might work well to hold things together.

One of these: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/park-tool-emergency-tyre-boot-tb-2/rp-prod13249

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

route66 wrote: »
    Don't use superglue. It gets brittle when it hardens and will just fall out.

I've used E6000 in the past. It's a 1-part epoxy and remains flexible when it dries. I got mine on ebay

Thanks for that route66 - I thought so that is why I was hesitant about the superglue. Thanks for the link, I have ordered a tube this morning. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Just thinking out loud... would it be any harm to put one of those "emergency tyre boot" tubeless patches that Park makes, on the inside of the tyre? That might work well to hold things together.

One of these: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/park-tool-emergency-tyre-boot-tb-2/rp-prod13249

I think it is not necessary in this instance, the hole is too small and should easily seal with glue. Thanks for suggestion.

Advertisement