Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt consolidation

• 15-07-2019 5:42pm

Just have a few questions about debt consolidation.

Applied for a top up loan recently to clear credit card that i fell behind on.

Had another loan out too and the lovely woman suggested i get a loan and clear everything all into one and just pay them.

I have to go up and discuss a payment plan with them, how exactly will it work? I was asked to get a final payment off other loan and credit card which is no problem.

If i get the loan from will they go ahead and pay the credit card and other loan themselves or will they send money to my account to pay it?

I have saved last few months and almost have enough to pay off one loan.

Or should i just pay off the second loan now and have one loan and one credit card?

Or get the consolidation loan over five years and pay extra each month?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Clear your existing loans first if you can. Things will be much easier if you do so.

Advertisement