Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Ban

Options
  • 15-07-2019 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I was banned from after hours by ancapailldorcha today after I responded to a poster who had abused me there.

His abusive post,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110695410&postcount=62

I was banned and this individual comppletely escaped censure, then trying to pretend it was a joke when it was "a thanks whore post", I made a valid and reasoned post prior to this and was abused which went without sanction by the moderator in question presumably due to his own political bias.

So I request that either my ban be lifted or the other poster in question be equally banned because recently I have seen that seems to be fine to abuse and bully whoever may have a controversial opinion and the moderators are allowing that to slide, when I responded then I was the one who was banned, a level playing field?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread will deal with the ban applied to your account. It is not a place to request someone else is sanctioned.

Before moving on with this appeal though, have you followed the process set out at the head of this forum, and attempted to resolve your dispute directly with the mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Yes I messaged him and on his instruction am appealing here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Very well, I will alert the CMods to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

theguzman wrote: »
    Yes I messaged him and on his instruction am appealing here.

Hello, will you please share the PM conversation here for me to review?

Message 1
    You have been banned
    Dear theguzman,

You have been banned from After Hours for three days for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

p=110695842.
    Message 2,
    Re: You have been banned
    Hi,

You should have reported the post in that case rather than getting abusive. Feel free to appeal in DRP.

• Advertisement

I don't get this you were clearly uncivil to another member?
    We have clear rules in AH, don't be a dick?

On what grounds are you appealing this?

LEIN wrote: »
    I don't get this you were clearly uncivil to another member?
    We have clear rules in AH, don't be a dick?

On what grounds are you appealing this?

I retaliated against the person who made an exceptionally crude comment and was allowed to get away with it. I don't know if he/she was sanctioned for it it or not but I sincerely hope the person was. Yes I was uncivil towards someone who was extremely uncivil to me, yet I was banned, the ban has now expired and I will instead report such incivility towards myself in future, however I was effectively baited into this and I am seeking the ban to be struck out.

I can't deal with others in this process, what happened elsewhere is irrelevant here.
    If you have an issue with another user, use the report function and let the Mods deal with it.

Ban upheld.

LEIN wrote: »
    I can't deal with others in this process, what happened elsewhere is irrelevant here.
    If you have an issue with another user, use the report function and let the Mods deal with it.

Ban upheld.

I couldn't since I was banned and unable to access the forum to report the post which has now been deleted. What would you suggest I do in this instance?

theguzman wrote: »
    I couldn't since I was banned and unable to access the forum to report the post which has now been deleted. What would you suggest I do in this instance?

Don't react on thread again and use the report function in future.

• Advertisement

Can we move on from this now?

The CMod has upheld the ban. Do you wish to appeal to an Admin?

Advertisement