Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to a 4k TV for PC gaming

Options
  • 15-07-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So my 1080p tv stopped working and I've looking to purchase this 4k HDR TV as it is reasonably priced
    https://powercity.ie/product/43UK6470

My TV has always been my primary monitor that I use for gaming and general pc use.
    My specs are i5 4670 cpu, 1070 gpu & 8gb ram

So my question is, will this new TV cause my PC to struggle?

Do I run windows in 4k?

Do I game at 1080p for higher end games and if so will that cause any issues?

Do I need a fancy HDMI cable?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It'll struggle at 4K gaming obviously, but 4K windows use is fine, and there shouldn't be much issue with gaming at 1080P/1440P. Some games would be grand at 4K low-med settings, depending on what games you're playing really.

CPU very long in the tooth but if you're happy with the performance in games it's grand. Starting to show its age badly in some of the latest games.

Check out reviews of the TV to see what response time and input lag is. Some TV's can sometimes be less than ideal for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭thegame983

Thanks lads

Advertisement