Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Reacher Series (Amazon)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finished this up and man, that was some highly entertaining cheese. Nothing revolutionary, but credit to a show that knew exactly what it was and had the smarts to execute it this well. A dozen other attempts might have got the tone completely wrong but here the wink in the eye never tipped things into irony or farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

I gotta say it didn't really work for me. Something like Banshee was the blueprint for ridiculous high-pace antics in a small town, but Reacher was just too absurd even within its own world.

The scene where it lost me altogether was when Reacher casually blocks multiple hits of a crowbar with his forearms.

I wanted to like it, and the first half was genuinely good in the aforementioned Banshee style, but the last few episodes, the finale in particular, were utter craptacular nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reacher season 2 will be based on Bad Luck and Trouble (book #11).

They've picked a good one! Basic synopsis:

When the members of Reacher's old military unit start turning up dead, Reacher has just one thing on his mind: Revenge.

Filming starts later this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got through that one recently. On Book 13 now, Gone Tomorrow.

I'd say they'll go back to an earlier one for season 3 and this is a way to keep Neagley in though there was another one before it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I presume there'll be no returning characters from season 1 such as the detective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neagley will be back.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Nope, he is Frank.

Remember, you owe it to your family. You owe it to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

As one comment points out, it's a Smallville reunion with Aquaman and Zatanna.

• Advertisement

I'll have to extend my Prime membership past Bosch now.

Season 2 trailer

Starts December 15th

Well, certainly looks like it'll continue the trend from Season 1 of being self-aware how utterly daft its main character is. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robert Patrick looks to be the big bad villain, win win, elevates anything he is in for me

This is dumb fun action popcorn enjoyable

Cool. Didn't realise it was coming so soon. All at once again or first 3 then weekly?

Edit: I see on tvline

Concurrent with the release of the trailer above and first photos below, Prime Video announced that Reacher Season 2 will premiere Friday, Dec. 15 with its first three episodes, followed by weekly drops through Jan. 19, 2024

One thing I wasn't a fan of in the book was their motto or saying or whatever “you do not mess with the Special Investigators Unit!” and looks like that's in here as well. Just never sounded good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

SAG-AFTRA have been protesting since July. does that include editors and post-production crew?

wonder what the quality will be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I just came across this recently. What a great show. It is full of action but also funny too and Reacher is perfect. I have two episodes if season 1 still to watch and then 2 more seasons at least to look forward too brilliant.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

First 3 episodes of season 2 out tomorrow . Here's a good recap going episode by episode

• Advertisement

Really enjoyable opening 3 episodes and a nice step up from last season

Ms

First episode of Season 3 excellent. Can not wait to watch the next two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Well, episode 1 was a load of 'aul rubbish; enjoyed every minute of it. Such a preposterous main character, gotta love it.

Ms

2nd episode was brilliant too and it's great that we get back story to the characters too and its well done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I see that one of the villains is Ben Kingsley's son, Ferdinand, who looks a bit like his dad but isn't bald as a coot. 😛

It's a pity that all episodes aren't released at the same time instead dragging the rest out weekly until the finale on 29th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm not overly impressed with the new season, but at the start is there a big pisstake with the baddie being an actor in the Terminator film series and lots of mentions of Sarah Connor? I've literally just seen the first three episodes and it's the only thing standing out for me..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yep, that's exactly the fun draw of this series. It's complete chewable "turn your brain off at the door" tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Na not hooking me like the 1st season. Too many characters and it's diluting reachers presence down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very violent. that cop is very understanding

Advertisement