Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA pre clearance and Business Class

Options
  • 15-07-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am flying Dublin to USA Business Class.
    When I get to USA pre clearance at Dublin airport, is there a priority line for Business Class travelers to get through USA security?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Mackdublin wrote: »
    I am flying Dublin to USA Business Class.
    When I get to USA pre clearance at Dublin airport, is there a priority line for Business Class travelers to get through USA security?

No I don't think so. There's a crew line for flight crew but I don't recall a business class line.

I don't see why there would be one, they don't do that at any immigration port of entry that I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

US immigration has a fast track system called Global Entry and Dublin is listed as one of the airports where it's supported though there is no 'enrolment centre' in Dublin which I take to mean that you have to sign up and get confirmed before you show up. I think it's for frequent travellers to the US, it's not like the general fast track system in Dublin airport which is simply something you pay for.

And note that ......

Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and in-person interview before enrollment.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

There IS a business line in the second screening area, which is not really that much faster... the crew also uses this line. After the line, you queue up like anyone else to go through immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

coylemj wrote: »
    US immigration has a fast track system called Global Entry and Dublin is listed as one of the airports where it's supported though there is no 'enrolment centre' in Dublin which I take to mean that you have to sign up and get confirmed before you show up. I think it's for frequent travellers to the US, it's not like the general fast track system in Dublin airport which is simply something you pay for.

And note that ......

Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and in-person interview before enrollment.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Global Entry is not open to Irish citizens/residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

NSAman wrote: »
    There IS a business line in the second screening area, which is not really that much faster... the crew also uses this line. After the line, you queue up like anyone else to go through immigration.

....unless you have Global Entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

....unless you have Global Entry.
    See above, unless the guy has a green card or is a citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Global Entry is not open to Irish citizens/residents.

It's open to Irish citizens alright, just not Irish residents.

*edit, already answered above, it's open to Irish citizen green card holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If flying Business Class, you can avail of Fast Track Irish security and ALSO the dedicated lane for US security. you then line up with everyone else for Immigration. you are also entitled to use 51st and Green lounge.

Advertisement