Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for TV on holiday

• 15-07-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭

i need some advice ....

going to Fuerteventura in August, but the apartment we're going to be in has no internet.

Afaik, Irish dongles will not work there, according to a vodafone rep. And you can only buy a dongle there on a 12 month contract, afaik.

I have a 50gb limit on my vodafone plan, and my wife has 20gb but the coverage there is patchy - fine for internet access and email etc but usually not for streaming. I did manage to airplay from ipad to apple tv last year, but it didn't work everytime.

Options

1: I could download netflix to phones and ipad and try airplay to apple tv again and hope for the best

2. Or is there a slimline media hdd that i could download to and connect via hdmi to the TV and avoid having to stream at all?

3. Download to laptop and connect to tv via hdmi. (was hoping to travel light, but it is a surface laptop, but would need to get a cable)

4. ??? Any other advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ablelocks wrote: »

4. ??? Any other advice?

Take a break from TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

endacl wrote: »
    Take a break from TV?

not with 4 kids! need to have it as an option for nighttime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

1. You could
    2. You could
    3. You could
    4. would like to believe, that same as here, there will be someone selling second hand stuff, including MiFi dongles(check if prepaid SIM's available from local ISP's for data, coverage and cost )

G search Fuerteventura mobile providers or similar

You are going to foreign country to watch TV?

Its your business, but i would suggest: take a holiday - swimming, fishing, sailing, climbing, cycling, whatever...
    Get yourself organized/planed for the day that in the evening, after pint/glass, you would "drop dead" sleeping:D

Advertisement