Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debited twice

Options
  • 16-07-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there, my card was debited twice for the same amount on saturday night. will this automatically be fixed or do i need to go back to where it got debited? thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi millivanilli,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here,

Once you've checked with the retailer and they confirm that they have only received one payment, then this should automatically resolve in 3-5 working days.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

Hi Lorna, thanks for the reply, the transaction is now showing as completed, as in it has gone through twice. Is my only option now to try and get a refund from the retailer or is there anything that the bank can do at this stage? Just it is difficult to contact the retailer. thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Thanks for getting back in touch Millivanilli,

If the transaction is fully completed then the retailer has taken the amount twice.

You will need to contact the retailer and request a refund. If the retailer refuses you can then you can fill out a transaction dispute form, including your attempts to contact the retailer in the letter.

You can view more information on transaction disputes here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement