Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer Status

• 16-07-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question. Myself and my wife are hoping to apply for a mortgage in the near future. We have a deposit saved. My question is regarding our first time buyer status and 10/20% deposit.
    My wife owns a property. It is owned outright and never had a mortgage. I have spoken to 3 different banks and a mortgage broker.
    The broker and 1 bank told me because we have a property then we would not qualify as first time buyers.
    2 other banks have said that as we never had a mortgage then we would qualify for 90% loan to value as first time buyer.

Is there a central bank regulation about this or can the banks have their own policies about it?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement