Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon Trousers

• 16-07-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone ordered any of the hunting trousers from Decathlon? I am finding the sizing guides a bit confusing, I would be a 32 waist normally but cant seem to get a straight answer from the website

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Had a look on their website, and some, actually most, items listed are Unisex measure hip size as opposed to waist size.

Hip size is the measurement across/around your ass and nuts. Waist is, well your waist. Higher up than hip size.

Is this the bit causing you problems? If so measure yourself around "yo ass" and the nutella region while staying on your hips. Whatever it is in CM or inches is your size.

I can understand this in Women's and unisex, but i don't see why if you select men's sizes they don't list the waist size.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/size-guide/#homme

HELP - SIZE GUIDE
    Please keep in mind, we are an international company. Therefore, our sizes come in a wide range but generally, sizes run a bit small.Please go by measurements in centimeters if possible!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

32" (waist) is 81.25cm so round it up to 82, and given they are small fitting i'd go for the 82-85cm waist or M (medium) or L (Large) size.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I've bought clothing directly from thier shop floor and can tell you that they are indeed small fitting. Length never seems to be an issue its always waist, chest etc, etc.
    Now I know we all kind of underestimate some bodily measurements while grossly over exaggerate other ones but clothing size for clothing size I found thier brands to be on the small size. I normally go 1 to 2 sizes up. You can always grow into them.
    I like thier stuff and it has served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I got the Large size. When i got them I used to have a 32" waist and a 34" leg, I still have the 34" leg. The fit in the Med and Large were good but i needed the longer length of the Large. The waist was no problem and its elasticated thank god.
    The pants have served me well over the years and seen a lot of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

Cass wrote: »
    Had a look on their website, and some, actually most, items listed are Unisex measure hip size as opposed to waist size.

I think thats what was messing me up alright! I didn't see that bit actually

thanks for the help

Advertisement