Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS wind noise reduction

Options
  • 16-07-2019 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I cannot find any option on my iPod touch for wind noise reduction. I know there was none on my iPhone 4.

I’ve googled and the top results are DIY wind cut options.

Is there no way to reduce wind noise in videos like on a camcorder? Are all smart phones the same?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

External mic with a dead cat is your best bet. I don't even know if there are any viable software based alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

On iPhone there's a noise cancellation option in accessibility settings - Settings, General, Accessibility - Phone Noise Cancellation. But it's for when the phone is up to your ear rather than held for video recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    External mic with a dead cat is your best bet. I don't even know if there are any viable software based alternatives?

Any idea why there is no wind cut?

I’m only shooting in the garden or at the beach and the wind noise is intolerable - those sports videos Apple love to show off must have ridiculous wind noise.

Advertisement