Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster autumn race sun Aug 4th

Options
  • 16-07-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

A group of us are going to promote this race again this year on bank holiday Sunday August 4th..proved popular last year and it's on the same circuit 12k lap..
    As we are promoting the Brendan Campbell race previous week we would appreciate any offers of help.its an early start do finished by 12.40 ish
    Venue bellewstown racecourse
    Sign on from 9am
    A1a2a3 race 7xlaps 84k
    A4 race 5xlaps 60k.
    Foyle 3day is not happening so important that something is promoted this neck of the woods.
    Again if you can help for a while please.please give.me a shout..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

Reminder
    Happens next Sunday.. all as per op.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have convinced a few lads to head to it, are you looking for marshals and lead cars. Off to a wedding myself up the road later on so will see if I can work in volunteering and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Can someone please post the route or strava activity from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

such a brilliant little circuit and deserves a huge turnout. i remember it from last year, race was in bits after a lap with groups everywhere. 1500 metres of climbing.

moseying along slightly craggy road after a downhill start it went uphill but in the bunch it wasn't too bad. thinking life was just dandy, happy out on after the first left heading downhill, bit of a drag near the end but largely fine.

Then after a sharp turn left, the pain and torture began for the next 160 minutes. first of seven times up the Mullagh, 5-6 minutes at VO2 max. bit of respite down off for a minute before rising again then turning back left into a headwind on false flat/up and down road to Bellewstown.

i can't even do it justice here. was my highest average heart rate of any race last year for 2.30 hours. very very little recovery its a championship course.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1780291286/analysis/402/849

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I did this last year in the car, driving the commissaire for the a4 race, and I was knackered.

All staff and crew more or less covered now..thanks to all who have come on board.
    Sign on under the leinster gazebo on the green at bellewstown racecourse from 9am.
    A1a2a3 race start 10.30
    A4 start 10.33
    Hope to see a few of ye there..

A few lads from my club are definitely going, great reviews from them from last year.

Thanks for all the support today on and off the bike

Sorry I missed it, reviews flying in of a tough but good race. Woke up unable to get out of bed after high blood glucose over night, back and legs seized up. Hopefully will make it next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Thanks to Wav and their team for putting on a great race.

It's a fantastic course ,hopefully will be back on the calendar next year

Advertisement