Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You're a hack boss.
    'We', you speak for the right? It's not West Side story ffs.
    I saw with my own eyes Republican's taking the piss out of her over that video. So took ownership of it.
    The woman ran rings around pharma. You come off as a Conway type/Fox conspiracy theorist with a right wing bias.
    You've no credibility with me anyway.
    Those are some eyes you have there. And it seems you are all to happy to claim some anonymous and unverified Twitter users are the representatives of the Republican party. What was that about credibility? And yes, I am politically biased in regards to being a republican... it might a sin here, but as far as I know not illegal.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/01/04/sorry-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-but-conservatives-dont-care-about-your-dance-moves/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

notobtuse wrote: »
    Those are some eyes you have there. And it seems you are all to happy to claim some anonymous and unverified Twitter users are the representatives of the Republican party. What was that about credibility? And yes, I am politically biased in regards to being a republican... it might a sin here, but as far as I know not illegal.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/01/04/sorry-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-but-conservatives-dont-care-about-your-dance-moves/

What's the point of that link? To just **** on AOC for something completely irrelevant to this thread?

Daily signal is about as credible a news source as The Onion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

meeeeh wrote: »
    Outrage around that jacket was just as ridiculous as it's most of the outrage around AOC. It was intentionally misrepresented that she doesn't care about the children she was visiting. It was stupid for her to wear that jacket but a lot of reaction was pure gutter journalism. There is too much nonsense written about Melania Trump's clothing. Frankly media should butt out she is not elected or paid by US government.

There are two sides in this and frankly both are trading nonsense and slinging mud at each other.

As for Trump impeachment it's not gonna happen. When Clinton was impeached it lost republicans votes, it's much better to attack in the campaign.

I disagree, wearing white, (at a wear white protest no less) and a nice watch is a laugh. Wearing a "I really don't care, do you?" coat is at best car crash PR.

Faugheen wrote: »
    What's the point of that link? To just **** on AOC for something completely irrelevant to this thread?

Daily signal is about as credible a news source as The Onion
    When ad hominem attacks are all that someone has left then they’ve already lost the argument.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You're a con man. You'll be denying anyone made issue of the carpark thing next week.

It was all over Twitter and there are numerous news articles on it.
    Are you telling alternative truths or just chancing your arm comrade?

from your Daily Signal...
    Dear Readers:
    With the recent conservative victories related to tax cuts, the Supreme Court, and other major issues, it is easy to become complacent.

However, the liberal Left is not backing down. They are rallying supporters to advance their agenda, moving this nation further from the vision of our founding fathers.

Anyone see those movies "The Purge"? Creepily reminiscent language.

• Advertisement

When ad hominem attacks are all that someone has left then they’ve already lost the argument.

You have literally posted a link to an opinion piece slamming AOC to back up your opinions of her, and you're representing it as facts.

How is mine an 'ad hominem attack' and your link, which is completely irrelevant to this thread, isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

splashuum wrote: »
    Where have I quoted the outlet? I have merely provided video links of the two women refusing to condemn the attacks.

With all due respect to your effort to bring us the news directly to our phones and other devices, by asking us do we condone the attack gives you the same credibility and intellect as the guy in the video.

You're a con man. You'll be denying anyone made issue of the carpark thing next week.

It was all over Twitter and there are numerous news articles on it.
    Are you telling alternative truths or just chancing your arm comrade?
    Give me names of the republicans making fun of her dancing. Name names.

I am not willing to go back through weeks and weeks of tweets, sorry pal. You don't take my word, fine. Your Daily Signal is 'stepford wives' meets 'the Purge' not proof of anything.
    Google it and you'll find several respected news outlets, some even cited in your rag, that back me up.

You have literally posted a link to an opinion piece slamming AOC to back up your opinions of her, and you're representing it as facts.

How is mine an 'ad hominem attack' and your link, which is completely irrelevant to this thread, isn't?
    You attacked the source, simply. Nothing to do with the article itself.

• Advertisement

I see you've dropped the car park ruse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

So Conservatives wrote an article about AOC to prove they don't care about AOC?

I see you've dropped the car park ruse :)
    Didn't drop it... Said what I had to say on the subject. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    So Conservatives wrote an article about AOC to prove they don't care about AOC?
    No, conservatives wrote an article calling out the fake news being reported on the subject.

Because the source is a biased, right-wing organisation. Just because I don't like the source doesn't take away from the fact that you tried to represent an opinion piece from a biased outlet as a fact to back up your opinions, when all it did was **** on AOC with no basis for it.

Don't call my post an 'ad hominem attack' when I was only responding to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There wasn't outrage from the right. The biggest name who moaned about it was some Jack Posibac a Cernovich clone dip****.

AOC gets a lot of bull**** from the right and most of it all undeserved, but that was one of the rare occasions where the supposed outrage did not exist bar a few cranks.

No, conservatives wrote an article calling out the fake news being reported on the subject.

Ah 'fake news'. It's not the same without the hand gestures that usually accompany it.

A person with hard right bias wrote an opinion piece on a hard right website. You've convinced me CNN, The Guardian, NY Times etc. are 'fake news' :)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    There wasn't outrage from the right. The biggest name who moaned about it was some Jack Posibac a Cernovich clone dip****.

AOC gets a lot of bull**** from the right and most of it all undeserved, but that was one of the rare occasions where the supposed outrage did not exist bar a few cranks.

It's always started by a crank, be it a blogger or the POTUS. The traction comes from those re-tweeting and commenting on it. That made it a thing. AOC owning it made it a bigger story. Folk inferring it was a set up is right wing sadness.

Because the source is a biased, right-wing organisation. Just because I don't like the source doesn't take away from the fact that you tried to represent an opinion piece from a biased outlet as a fact to back up your opinions, when all it did was **** on AOC with no basis for it.

Don't call my post an 'ad hominem attack' when I was only responding to one.
    So by your reasoning… because CNN, The New York Times, MSNBC, HuffPo, and a slew of others are politically biased we should assume nothing they print about political subjects should be taken seriously?

It's always started by a crank, be it a blogger or the POTUS. The traction comes from those re-tweeting and commenting on it. That made it a thing. AOC owning it made it a bigger story. Folk inferring it was a set up is right wing sadness.
    Name names then! Oh, yeah, it could have even been started by an AOC staffer meant to generate fake outrage, right?

• Advertisement

It's always started by a crank, be it a blogger or the POTUS. The traction comes from those re-tweeting and commenting on it.

Cranks are irrelevant and easy to ignore especially when it comes to american culture wars but this was a rare occasion where the outrage was not there whatsoever bar a Cernovich style dip**** clone.

Other stuff for sure the right have clearly united to attack her when she has been correct e,g Amazon getting welfare,,,but the dancing thing was non story blown up by people on the left who love these culture wars when there is much more important things to worry about.

Oh and yes I know the right do the same thing,,find a random crank and scream "EVERYONE LEFT THINKS THIS":pac:

Cranks are irrelevant and easy to ignore especially when it comes to american culture wars but this was a rare occasion where the outrage was not there whatsoever bar a Cernovich style dip**** clone.

Other stuff for sure the right have clearly united to attack her when she has been correct e,g the Amazon getting welfare,,,but the dancing thing was non story blown up by people on the left who love these culture wars when there is much more important things to worry about.

Oh and yes I know the right do the same thing,,find a random crank and scream "EVERYONE LEFT THINKS THIS":pac:

For what its worth, this doesn't reflect badly on AOC whatsoever, she had been getting flack for all sorts of silly bollocks like clothes she wore so I can understand her having the hump,,,but more I'd blame those who thrive on these utterly unimportant culture wars style diversions.

She didn't write the articles focusing on the supposed backlash and she used it superbly to reach a bigger audience to discuss stuff which actually matters.

For what its worth, this doesn't reflect badly on AOC whatsoever, she had been getting flack for all sorts of silly bollocks like clothes she wore so I can understand her having the hump,,,but more I'd blame those who thrive on these utterly unimportant culture wars style diversions.
    Agreed. She says a lot of crazy and stupid dangerous stuff that should be keyed on... not dancing, the clothes she wears, or the cost of her wristwatch.

Agreed. She says a lot of crazy and stupid dangerous stuff that should be keyed on... not dancing, the clothes she wears, or the cost of her wristwatch.

I don't mind her:o:o,,social media of her is annoying at times but she has her heart in the right place and at least seems aware of the issues facing people and has more sophisticated solutions than thinking the market will sort it.

Anyhow what is this thread about again?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't mind her:o:o,,social media of her is annoying at times but she has her heart in the right place and at least seems aware of the issues facing people them and has more sophisticated solutions than thinking the market will sort it.
    I think she's a lot more driven by emotion and there's nothing wrong with that but I think at times a slightly cooler head might work better. Her solutions are not really going anywhere until a) Trump goes and b) the Dems take the Senate. I also think she needs to back away from impeachment completely as there's no hope of that happening ever. I do think Trump has spotted an opportunity with her and the Squad but Jonathan Freedland does a better job on that than I could.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/17/democrats-trump-race-baiting-votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You are fake news buddy!

Trumps grandfather was 16 when he left Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think she's a lot more driven by emotion and there's nothing wrong with that but I think at times a slightly cooler head might work better. Her solutions are not really going anywhere until a) Trump goes and b) the Dems take the Senate. I also think she needs to back away from impeachment completely as there's no hope of that happening ever. I do think Trump has spotted an opportunity with her and the Squad but Jonathan Freedland does a better job on that than I could.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/17/democrats-trump-race-baiting-votes

(c) Scherie Murray wins her seat.

(c) Scherie Murray wins her seat.

No chance. NY-14 is a safe Democratic stronghold. In a Presidential year as well.

Only way AOC loses her seat is if she loses a primary among the Democrats. It's certainly not going to turn red.

No chance. NY-14 is a safe Democratic stronghold. In a Presidential year as well.

Only way AOC loses her seat is if she loses a primary among the Democrats. It's certainly not going to turn red.

Yeah her opponent will get some noise from the online right, but when it comes to votes AOC will massacre her because as Nancy would say a glass of water with D on it would win that seat.:P

And to be fair she proved by winning the primary she is a really sharp politician, yeah she mastered the online element of politics, but her ground game from all accounts was brillant.

Doubt the GOP will even give it a second look,,,there is much more productive ways to spend money than trying to win an unwinnable election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Advertisement