Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

notobtuse wrote: »
    None of them will take much direction. Identity politics is the future of the democrat party.

The end of the party but in the future.

Identify politics is killing the Left

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

meeeeh wrote: »
    Why would it be appreciated. Part of Pelosi's defence was the tweet that they should go back where they came from.

Trump defended her days before those tweets.

AOC is a nasty piece of work and I don't know how anyone can think she is genuine.

Fake howls doubled over at a fence in a painfully staged photo op and then comes back to Washington and says that she felt sexually threatened by border guards and tales of how children were forced to drink water from toilets......... come on ffs.

To top it all off she then opposes a bipartisan bill to allocate the much needed emergency funding which would go a long way to helping deal with the very issues she pretends to care about.

If the liberals in congress had their way they wouldn't have given the Trump administration one cent, indeed they said as much, but thankfully the moderate democrats didn't agree with them and the radical leftists were left sour faced.

Disgusting that they use such a serious issue to try and take down Trump and everyone knows that is that is what it is all about, even their fellow democrats.

Trump needs to be careful. His tweet comments were just about tolerable as they had context which made them excusable, imo, but straight up 'send her back' chants don't and to be seen encouraging them is far worse than him saying what he did..... to me at least.

Glad to see Trump has shown some disapproval towards the chants. It was the proper thing to do.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1151903997038485505

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Danzy wrote: »
    The end of the party but in the future.

Identify politics is killing the Left

Identify politics seems to be fueling the right at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Fake howls doubled over at a fence in a painfully staged photo op and then comes back to Washington and says that she felt sexually threatened by border guards and tales of how children were forced to drink water from toilets......... come on ffs.

Odd then, that the photos were taken when nobody even knew who she was and only came out a year later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

None of them will take much direction. Identity politics is the future of the democrat party.

What was Trump, a quiet spoken unassuming hard grafter who did well for himself? Get up the yard :)

Trump defended her days before those tweets.

AOC is a nasty piece of work and I don't know how anyone can think she is genuine.

To top it all off she then opposes a bipartisan bill to allocate the much needed emergency funding which would go a long way to helping deal with the very issues she pretends to care about.

If the liberals in congress had their way they wouldn't have given the Trump administration one cent, indeed they said as much, but thankfully the moderate democrats didn't agree with them and the radical leftists were left sour faced.

Disgusting that they use such a serious issue to try and take down Trump and everyone knows that is that is what it is all about, even their fellow democrats.

You're welcome to your opinion but she honestly must be way way down your list?

steddyeddy wrote: »

Yes but it is killing the Left.

It was always a dead end for them.

Yes but it is killing the Left.

It was always a dead end for them.

Since the days of 'joe the plumber' it's been rife. The difference is Trump pretends to represent joe six pack and eddie punch clock when he's lining the pockets of the 1%. While I've little time for the democrats I think AOC is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Glad to see Trump has shown some disapproval towards the chants. It was the proper thing to do.

Thats dangerous. Why is he rejecting his dedicated fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

steddyeddy wrote: »
    By calling it out on the part of democrats?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thats dangerous. Why is he rejecting his dedicated fans?

It's not dangerous. On the contrary, I seen many on Twitter last night saying that while they had his back on the tweets, the chants were too much, and so good call in my view.
    Odd that the photos were taken when nobody even knew who she was and only came out a year later.

She's nuts. If I was a liberal I'd be condemning her every chance I could get as she is just the kind that has people not taking the left serious anymore. Her behavior at the border patrol facility was shocking and The Washington Examiner has put in a request for access to the footage as she forced herself into a cell and fought with patrol agents over them laughing. Hope they get it, would be interesting to see.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-screamed-at-border-patrol-agents-in-threatening-manner-during-tour-witnesses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Odd that the photos were taken when nobody even knew who she was and only came out a year later.

Just proves that if you’re looking for a career in politics old pictures and stuff will always come back to haunt you.

splinter65 wrote: »
    What can you point out that Trump has done since being elected that justifies your allegation that he is a fascist ? Just tell me 3 things that he has introduced that weren’t there before he was elected that point to fascism ala Mussolini and Stalin and Hitler.

You're intentionally framing the question in relation to policy. The thing is, Trump operates in a democracy and is limited in what he can do. However, he has long shown a fondness for the far-right, appealing to them through dog whistles or outright racism, as we have seen in the past few days.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/trump-neo-nazi-retweet-218113

https://forward.com/schmooze/351765/think-trumps-debate-dog-whistle-went-unheard-check-out-10-debate-tweets/

Politicians like Reagan, whatever you might think of them, openly disavowed this kind of racist support. Trump courts the support of these people. He actively encourages violence at campaign rallies. His behaviour and personality cult are very fascistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It's not dangerous. On the contrary, I seen many on Twitter last night saying that while they had his back on the tweets, the chants were too much, and so good call in my view.

I doubt any of his actual voters cared about the chants. By disagreeing with them he may leave a gap for someone more consistent.

Is he looking to lock Ivanka up for her email shenanigans?

Just proves that if you’re looking for a career in politics old pictures and stuff will always come back to haunt you.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t AOC also use these pictures to boost her own popularity, originally… until that is when people started turning on her because of the bad optics the pictures started portraying?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t AOC also use these pictures to boost her own popularity, originally… until that is when people started turning on her because of the bad optics the pictures started portraying?

You are very obsessed with her for a no mark congresswoman who sealed her own doom or what ever. Is this the biggest interest in politics for you at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trump saying he wasn't happy with the chants last night and tried to stop them and as usual his cultists believe him

Bless

All I know is that in around 18 months the Democratic Party head honchos will be looking at AOC et al and shaking their heads in despair.

• Advertisement

Trump has such a personality cult that he could call Obama the n-word and his supporters would both cheer him on and say it wasn't racist.

How kind of them. They only approve of racism via twitter.

All I know is that in around 18 months the Democratic Party head honchos will be looking at AOC et al and shaking their heads in despair.

They are long past that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

It still boggles my mind that he is president of America :)
    "It was quite a chant, I felt a little bit badly about it".
    He's a gas man.

You are very obsessed with her for a no mark congresswoman who sealed her own doom or what ever. Is this the biggest interest in politics for you at the moment?
    Actually, no. My biggest political concern at the moment is that my youngest daughter gets a good internship (4 are required by the prestigious University she will be attending in Washington, DC in their Policy, Politics and Law Scholar’s Program she was admitted to, of which only 15 students across the world get into) in either the House or Senate on Capital Hill, or the White House, that the University places their scholar students into.

They are long past that stage.

It’s a pity really. The need a Kennedy badly.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    It still boggles my mind that he is president of America :)
    "It was quite a chant, I felt a little bit badly about it".
    He's a gas man.

He’s trying hard not to laugh there. The Squad will have to be reeled in by somebody soon because right now it’s like shooting fish in a barrel for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Fake howls doubled over at a fence in a painfully staged photo op [...]

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The DNC are going to gerrymander her out at the next election. Her district is going to disappear and be realigned into a much larger one.

And she'll lose her seat not because of what she says, but because of the Amazon debacle.

• Advertisement

The DNC are going to gerrymander her out at the next election. Her district is going to disappear and be realigned into a much larger one.

And she'll lose her seat not because of what she says, but because of the Amazon debacle.

The Supreme Court just last month barred all challenges in federal court to partisan gerrymandering. It’s now up to state courts and the political party in charge of the state. Since democrats own NY they can pretty much do what they want. And yeah, her constituents aren’t very happy over her costing them 25,000 good paying Amazon jobs. Seems the DNC doesn’t need to do anything other than run a glass of water with a (D) behind it if they want her gone. She’s disliked, distrusted, and unwanted in her own NY-14 district. A poll in her district shows a 21% favorability rating, just 11% believe she has their best interests in mind, and that only 13% would vote to reelect her.

Advertisement