Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

all I see is a fairly competent politician, good in committee. Maybe a bit brown for some people’s tastes.

So competent she cost her city tens of thousands of jobs?

What would your idea of incompetent be....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Trump and Brexit supporters sometimes hit on one accurate point. They're voting for things or people that annoy people they hate. I hear Trump supporters in America talk about how they really annoyed the "left" ect and Brexit voters really annoy the establishment.

These sort of "elect someone that annoys the other side" has drawbacks. One of which is the other side elects even more extreme people. The second drawback is that if you elect a racist who incites violence, plays identity politics with race and lies continually then no one will give a flying sh1t if you're offended with what another candidate says.

Even worse....you end up with a provocateur having his hands on the nuclear football.

That being said, I think Trump is a pussy and deceptively cute. He's not so much a headcase but more a blowhard trying to see things out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mad muffin wrote: »
    Hahaha… pure gold.

If anyone is sowing division it’s the dems. Trump is uniting Americans like no other.

Would you like Varadkar to tell you to go back to where you came from because you disagreed politically? Would you like Varadkar cosying up with groups who actively hate you and people like you? All while he dictates policies that effect your life?

That's right. He's uniting racists like no other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

all I see is a fairly competent politician, good in committee. Maybe a bit brown for some people’s tastes.
    Your race card keeps getting declined. And before you EVER accuse me of racism I'll have you know I took in a black girl last year (my daughter's best friend) because she was going into a homeless shelter as her mother has a severe drug addiction and has terminal brain cancer. I helped her with the college applications and she will attend a college this fall with a total tuition scholarship based on academic excellence. Also, my daughters have roomed at colleges with black, brown, and even once a transgender roommate. I never had a problem with any of their roommates and encourage my kids to experience diversity. My youngest's roommate this fall is a devout middle eastern Muslim girl who prays 6 times a day. I have hired black, brown, white, gay, lesbian and transgender employees as it is work ethic that I see. Top that!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Your race card keeps getting declined. And before you EVER accuse me of racism I'll have you know I took in a black girl last year (my daughter's best friend) because she was going into a homeless shelter as her mother has a severe drug addiction and has terminal brain cancer. I helped her with the college applications and she will attend a college this fall with a total tuition scholarship based on academic excellence. Also, my daughters have roomed at colleges with black, brown, and even once a transgender roommate. I never had a problem with any of their roommates and encourage my kids to experience diversity. My youngest's roommate this fall is a devout middle eastern Muslim girl who prays 6 times a day. I have hired black, brown, white, gay, lesbian and transgender employees as it is work ethic that I see. Top that!

You used that the other day, very clever indeed.
    However rather than normal decent folk using 'the race card' we are responding to the racist Trump, who has his big Mac teeny fingerprints all over it.
    'I have black friends', good one. You fight an online PR campaign on behalf of a racist and his racist party because some congresswomen that disagree with him are of colour. Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You used that the other day, very clever indeed.
    However rather than normal decent folk using 'the race card' we are responding to the racist Trump, who has his big Mac teeny fingerprints all over it.
    'I have black friends', good one. You fight an online PR campaign on behalf of a racist and his racist party because some congresswomen that disagree with him are of colour. Fail.
    I asked a question that you and others ignored. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK if Trump came across a person, born in Somalia and a US citizen now, wearing a red MAGA hat that Trump would disparage him... or would Trump love him/her?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Would you like Varadkar to tell you to go back to where you came from because you disagreed politically? Would you like Varadkar cosying up with groups who actively hate you and people like you? All while he dictates policies that effect your life?

That's right. He's uniting racists like no other.

Varadkar couldn’t tell his own shadow to go back. He’s too busy inviting back isis murders. Trump tweeted without naming names (the “squad” decided to put themselves) that if you don’t like it here you are welcome to leave. Which is fair enough. If you are constantly poo pooing your country.

Trump is not a racist. Period. He has a Jewish son in law and his daughter converted to Judaism. He has many black, Hispanic, and minority supporters. He’s received awards from the naacp. He’s actively supported African Americans in his policies.

Obama has never supported African Americans. obama built the cages that aoc is bleating about. Aoc is the one calling the boarder workers nazis and the centres concentration camps.

It is the dems who are hell bent on getting trump at all costs. And in the end it will cost them everything.

Americans are leaving the Democratic Party in droves. Especially african Americans, Jews and minorities.

Americans are leaving democratic states because they are failing. California. The largest democratic state has the highest homelessness of all America.

The dems are done. They have no interest in Americans. Just bring in more illegals to bolster their base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

It was even mentioned on MSNBC that a good chunk of younger Trump supporters are voting for him just to "Own the Libs" so that they can watch those ridiculous "SJW meltdown" videos on Youtube.

Although I don’t like trump - an SJW meltdown is desirable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Varadkar couldn’t tell his own shadow to go back. He’s too busy inviting back isis murders. Trump tweeted without naming names (the “squad” decided to put themselves) that if you don’t like it here you are welcome to leave. Which is fair enough. If you are constantly poo pooing your country.

Send her home? Send them home? They were either born in the US or are citizens.
    Trump is not a racist. Period. He has a Jewish son in law and his daughter converted to Judaism. He has many black, Hispanic, and minority supporters. He’s received awards from the naacp. He’s actively supported African Americans in his policies.

It’s possible to be pro Israeli (or philosemitic) and racist to other groups. Trump has very little support amongst minorities.
    Obama has never supported African Americans. obama built the cages that aoc is bleating about. Aoc is the one calling the boarder workers nazis and the centres concentration camps.

The part about Obama building the cages is true. Concentration camps is accurate as a general term. They aren’t death camps though.
    It is the dems who are hell bent on getting trump at all costs. And in the end it will cost them everything.

1) that’s their job and
    2) it probably won’t.
    Americans are leaving the Democratic Party in droves. Especially african Americans, Jews and minorities.

Source?
    Americans are leaving democratic states because they are failing. California. The largest democratic state has the highest homelessness of all America.

California is a clown show, for sure.
    The dems are done. They have no interest in Americans. Just bring in more illegals to bolster their base.

Illegals can’t vote. Long term the corner the white vote strategy of the Republicans won’t be enough.

The democrats probably need to bees hostile to the US though.

I asked a question that you and others ignored. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK if Trump came across a person, born in Somalia and a US citizen now, wearing a red MAGA hat that Trump would disparage him... or would Trump love him/her?

Are you asking my is Trump racist? My answer is yes. If he's pretending to be racist, that's still not good for society. He gives support to racists by his words and actions. If he's pretending for effect, if anything it's dishonest and racist.

Trump was talking about the squad with 'go back to where they came from'. He elaborated over following days and tweets.
    They are poo poohing Trump and trying to improve their country. That's Trump's con job you're falling for.
    Couldn't give a crap about Obama or what any previous President did, Trump is the current.
    Mexican and African Americans will soon be the larger demographic. Interesting times ahead.

• Advertisement

^^^

He never said to send anyone home. He said if they hate America so much they are welcome to leave. Which is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's not dangerous. On the contrary, I seen many on Twitter last night saying that while they had his back on the tweets, the chants were too much, and so good call in my view.

She's nuts. If I was a liberal I'd be condemning her every chance I could get as she is just the kind that has people not taking the left serious anymore. Her behavior at the border patrol facility was shocking and The Washington Examiner has put in a request for access to the footage as she forced herself into a cell and fought with patrol agents over them laughing. Hope they get it, would be interesting to see.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/aoc-screamed-at-border-patrol-agents-in-threatening-manner-during-tour-witnesses

And if he thought that it was publicly well received, it would be the next "lock her up" tweet. It's not a matter of principles on the part of the rather racist commander in chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He didn't name names in the tweet, the squad just decided he was talking about them.

Is this the new angle Trump's clapping seals are going with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Trump spent years talking about how s**t the US was and how bad the President was. He can't exactly turn around and then complain if someone turns tables on him. Using the same logic he should have left in 2010-12.

Only 9% of black voters voted Republican in recent miderms, 29% of hispanics and 23% of Asians. If you compare that to 2004 Presidential election 11% of black voters then voted Bush, 44% Hispanic and 43% of Asians.

As far as California goes it was supreme court verdict that resulted in their vagrancy crisis.

^^^

He never said to send anyone home. He said if they hate America so much they are welcome to leave. Which is fair enough.

No. Read here:
    So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)...

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.

Republicans criticising how America is being governed = freedom loving patriots

Democrats criticising how America is being governed = traitors who hate America

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Is there anything to be said for saying all of them are cnuts, I mean don't take my criticism of AOC and Omar as actually agreeing with Trump. He's a low class con man but that doesn't change that AOC is also an idiot and Omar is a vile anti Semite. American politics is fcuked. It's a choice between the orange one and some bat ****e crazy identify politics loving far left cnut. Bad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

^^^

Isn't it hilarious watching the same people who vowed to leave the Country if he won crying now because he said they could leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Isn't it hilarious watching the same people who vowed to leave the Country if he won crying now because he said they could leave?

He told American citizens to leave America and go back to fix their own countries. 3 out of the 4 women were born in America, the remark was based on their skin colour. Do you have any evidence of those 4 women saying they'd leave the US? Or are you just trying to divert from his disgraceful behaviour?

Still waiting on John to provide evidence for his latest crackpot claim that Omar fundraises for Isis

• Advertisement

I wonder what aoc thinks of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I love the extra devout Muslim girl who fits in an extra prayer a day! 🙄

You can spin it all you want, but wasn’t it an internal democratic poll? Who else would leak it? And yes, it's selective, and the whole report hasn't been leaked. Looks to be targeted against AOC, and who other than Pelosi wants AOC to be worried about her job... certainly not Trump or the GOP.

Again - it’s not a poll of their districts. It’s white male non graduate voters from different districts.

Hahaha… pure gold.

If anyone is sowing division it’s the dems. Trump is uniting Americans like no other.

A notion at odds with all polling data and the recent election results.

Btw. This “squad” will not be re elected. I guarantee it.

I’ll have to pass on that guarantee. It’s a bit lacking in the old credibility.

So competent she cost her city tens of thousands of jobs?

What would your idea of incompetent be....

If you’re referring to the amazon jobs - that wasn’t in her district. She couldn’t cost any of them, as she had no legislative power over the proposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

How dare Piers Morgan tell a woman of colour to go back to where she came from!!

It's racist and xenophobic!! :mad:

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1148462832410923009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Glad to see Trump has shown some disapproval towards the chants. It was the proper thing to do.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1151903997038485505

He stayed silent during those chants. Based on that we have two options 1) he approved of the chants 2) he disproves but lacks the character to stand up to chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

When crowds at his rallies start a chant he has always responded positively to them by motioning for them to get louder, or even at times, joining in.... and so not responding to them was showing character given that it was a clear departure from what he normally does.

What do you want him to do? Start telling everyone off? While the teleprompter rolled? Give me a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What do you want him to do? Start telling everyone off?

Yes

Advertisement