Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Examples of him "always" being racist please?

As it seems to me looking back over the years Trump has always judged people by the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin and has never avoided being seen in public with non-whites, on the contrary he seems to me to have had no issue whatsoever with people who are not caucasian.

There's a few more years ye might look back on
    But an investigation by The New York Times — drawing on decades-old files from the New York City Commission on Human Rights, internal Justice Department records, court documents and interviews with tenants, civil rights activists and prosecutors — uncovered a long history of racial bias at his family’s properties, in New York and beyond.
    That history has taken on fresh relevance with Mr. Trump arguing that black voters should support him over Hillary Clinton, whom he has called a bigot.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Which one? The one that never shuts up about being Puerto Rican or the one who refers to herself as a refugee?

Puerto Rico is a US territory... Plus she was born in New York... Only a single one of the women was not born in the US.. But you'd really have to jump through hoops to assume he wasn't being racist...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Which one? The one that never shuts up about being Puerto Rican or the one who refers to herself as a refugee?

Jesus Pete Puerto Rico is a US territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

alastair wrote: »

So sorry… not sorry :rolleyes:
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    You replied multiple examples of nonsensical ramblings about Trump. He's a racist and it's undeniable. Fox News isn't a reputable news organisation.

There are no reputable news organisations anymore. They all have an agenda..

Odhinn wrote: »

If this article was anymore straw man it would internally combust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Odhinn

mad muffin wrote: »
    If this article was anymore straw man it would internally combust.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Which one?

Any of the three. Why did he think they weren't from the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

In case its not been posted already

Barack Obama, in his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, lamented,

“When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

Oh Barry, what are you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Luxxis wrote: »
    In case its not been posted already

Barack Obama, in his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, lamented,

“When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

Oh Barry, what are you like.

Are we quoting ex-presidents for what? Sides shouldn't come into it. It's unfortunate the Republics backed an open racist but he can add it to the list, bigot, married philanderer, tax dodger, army dodger...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Sides shouldn't come into it.

I'm on neither side. I'm not a democrat. Or a fan of "the squad". And I've never read Obamas biography :)

But what the president guy said the other day was racist. And he should stop saying such things.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    So sorry… not sorry :rolleyes:

There are no reputable news organisations anymore. They all have an agenda..

Simple one, did he promote the conspiracy that Barack Obama was Kenyan? Which other presidents has he asked for the birth cert of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trump doesn't see Puerto Ricans as Americans

Outlaw Pete doesn't either by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Oh boy… AOC opened her mouth again.
    I think migration, to me, is liberation. It’s the ability to move and be — it’s the freedom to be, really, is what we’re talking about. And I think that all people should be free to here, and in our communities. Because I think that when you start viewing human beings as intrinsically valuable, you feel blessed that they have come to you with their presence. And that’s really the shift I think that we need to make as a country …

So she feel all people should be free to enter the US as they wish? Well this may be news to AOC but they already are… when done LEGALLY.

Edited to remove something that some might find offensive or whataboutery.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

FFS - can’t believe that I have to say to leave pro-life/pro-choice out of this. Talk about whataboutery.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Billy Mays wrote: »

Outlaw Pete doesn't either by the looks of things

Trump doesnt believe people born in Hawaii are American either remember. I'd wager Pete doesn't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh boy… AOC opened her mouth again.

So she feel all people should be free to enter the US as they wish? Well this may be news to AOC but they already are… when done LEGALLY.

Also, Perhaps someone should tell her who REALLY feels human beings are intrinsically valuable and are blessed by their presence… The pro-life community! Maybe she can fight for the unborn and their intrinsic value as human beings. Don't hold your breath.

The only source for this quote seems to be Sean Hannity. Have you got a reliable one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

It's funny that people are so obsessed with perceived racism yet not a peep about Husein Obama's wife's anti-white rhetoric and his attempts to arm Palestinian terrorists with US taxpayer funds.

Several references to Trump's colour too which seems to be normalised by the bedsit set...nobody insulted Obama's pigmentation though..a heap of double standards from a bunch of idiots.

Odhinn wrote: »
    How so?

Spontaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's funny that people are so obsessed with perceived racism yet not a peep about Husein Obama's wife's anti-white rhetoric and his attempts to arm Palestinian terrorists with US taxpayer funds.

Several references to Trump's colour too which seems to be normalised by the bedsit set...nobody insulted Obama's pigmentation though..a heap of double standards from a bunch of idiots.

Obama's skin colour was natural though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Obama's skin colour was natural though.:confused:

would you think it fair of people to openly criticise a female politician for wearing fake tan or makeup ?

• Advertisement

Referencing a person's bad fake tan isn't racism.. Meanwhile Donald chose to question if Obama was American and Michelle Obama is not "anti White"...

would you think it fair of people to openly criticise a female politician for wearing fake tan or makeup ?

If they wear fake tan or make up and look absolutely ridiculous then criticise away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

batgoat wrote: »
    Referencing a person's bad fake tan isn't racism.. Meanwhile Donald chose to question if Obama was American and Michelle Obama is not "anti White"...

do you believe that there are people in US politics who harbour anti white views.
    do you think this is something they should be called out on ?
    are harbouring anti white views on par with harbouring anti-other race views in your opinion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

If they wear fake tan or make up and look absolutely ridiculous then criticise away.

Even if it's a man trying to look like a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

MrFresh wrote: »
    The only source for this quote seems to be Sean Hannity. Have you got a reliable one?

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/07/22/aoc-people-free-enter-us/

Watch the video of her.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I suppose he'll be telling proud Texans and Alabamans to go home next.

Very misogynistic remark.

Billy Mays wrote:

Wait. Are they Puerto Ricans or are they Americans?

Wait. Are they Puerto Ricans or are they Americans?

Puerto Ricans are both Puerto Rican citizens and US citizens.

• Advertisement

Very misogynistic remark.

What's mysogynistic about my remark? If someone (male or female) looks ridiculous then feel free to criticise. Do you believe Donald when he claims that orange is his natural skin colour? Do you think it's a good look?

Advertisement