Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

How so, do you mean that the man(Antifa) did not really attack an ICE facility, carry a gun and throw incendiary devices or are you talking about something else?

You must be talking about something else - since the Willem Van Spronsen story was all over the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How so, do you mean that the man(Antifa) did not really attack an ICE facility, carry a gun and throw incendiary devices or are you talking about something else?

That was covered in "mainstream media"

What exactly are you crying about not being covered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

You're ignorant for certain..

According to you?

Less of the name calling and answer the question.
    She didn't answer an ALT-Right 'reporter' when asked..

What does alt-right actually mean?
    They either are okay with Trump's racism or they are not.

For the 10th time of asking..can you please show me CLEARLY where Trump has discriminated on grounds of race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

According to you?

Less of the name calling and answer the question.

What does alt-right actually mean?

For the 10th time of asking..can you please show me CLEARLY where Trump has discriminated on grounds of race?

We've already shown you, you've just rejected it... Then went on some bizarre rant about Michelle Obama being racist...

batgoat wrote: »
    We've already shown you, you've just rejected it...

The royal WE again?

Can I see clear proof that President Trump has discriminated on grounds of race please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

batgoat wrote: »
    We've already shown you, you've just rejected it... Then went on some bizarre rant about Michelle Obama being racist...

I think you might be wasting your time with someone who thinks Trump has never discriminated against race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

alastair wrote: »
    You must be talking about something else - since the Willem Van Spronsen story was all over the media.

I said "The incident was really big news and was all over all the major news sites....oh wait it wasnt "

It was not really big news and was so lightly covered, blink and you would miss it, most Irish people do not even know it happened which was the point I was making.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I think you might be wasting your time with someone who thinks Trump has never discriminated against race.

Well if its so widely known it should be easy to prove...so far nobody has been able to do so.

Well if its so widely known it should be easy to prove...so far nobody has been able to do so.

Incorrect

Incorrect

Let's see the evidence..a tweet..an interview,an email anything at all where he mentions race..

• Advertisement

Let's see the evidence..a tweet..an interview,an email anything at all where he mentions race..

You've already seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The royal WE again?

Can I see clear proof that President Trump has discriminated on grounds of race please?

But an investigation by The New York Times — drawing on decades-old files from the New York City Commission on Human Rights, internal Justice Department records, court documents and interviews with tenants, civil rights activists and prosecutors — uncovered a long history of racial bias at his family’s properties, in New York and beyond.
    That history has taken on fresh relevance with Mr. Trump arguing that black voters should support him over Hillary Clinton, whom he has called a bigot.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html

I said "The incident was really big news and was all over all the major news sites....oh wait it wasnt "

It was not really big news and was so lightly covered, blink and you would miss it, most Irish people do not even know it happened which was the point I was making.

It got mass coverage. Why would it warrant the degree of attention that would make it common knowledge in Ireland? A man was shot dead on a suicide attempt to protest an immigration centre in the Pacific North West. He’s the sole victim - no-one else was injured. A man was stabbed to death a few blocks from my house at the weekend - I doubt many Irish people are aware of that either - despite being covered in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Odhinn wrote: »

"at his family’s properties". Anything about The Donald specifically??

"at his family’s properties". Anything about The Donald specifically??

It was his business, and he and his father were indicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He also retweeted this in 2015 which is, unsurprisingly, a crock of sh!t

BVB3AF3UDY5TDCHSIZCMY4URGI.jpg

Keep on trying to convince yourselves that Donny doesn't have a racist bone in his body icon14.png

Billy Mays wrote: »

Keep on trying to convince yourselves that Donny doesn't have a racist bone in his body icon14.png

It seems more of a vision problem tbh. He just cant see whats on the screen :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Billy Mays wrote: »

They don't care, that's the problem. They only defend him to try fool some floating support onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

alastair wrote: »
    Evidence for this claim?
    As a top official at Arab Muslim welfare agency, ACCESS–the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services, she helped illegal aliens game the system and get into and remain on US soil. ACCESS was raided by the FBI for engaging in Medicaid fraud, by helping import thousands of pregnant Muslim alien women to America to have their kids here and defraud Medicaid, which paid for the deliveries. ACCESS helped supply the fraudulent social security numbers.

Regarding tax fraud and residency lies…
    https://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/2014/04/18/michigan-rep-rashida-tlaib-pays-back-property-taxes-makes-donations-to-charity/7893289/
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/46777/rashida-tlaibs-father-says-she-lied-big-time-get-ryan-saavedra

But something tells me none of this matters to you.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Like if Donald was one of the 'ol lads at the local I'd think, yeah he's a bit racist and a bit of a wally, and it wouldn't even bother me.

I just think we should aim a little higher for our world leaders.

Although at this stage I think even Donald knows he shouldn't have said it. The lad down the pub never backtracks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Like if Donald was one of the 'ol lads at the local I'd think, yeah he's a bit racist and a bit of a wally, and it wouldn't even bother me.

I just think we should aim a little higher for our world leaders.

Although at this stage I think even Donald knows he shouldn't have said it. The lad down the pub never backtracks :)

The sad fact is that there's an element who agree entirely with his statement and attitudes generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

lol. Almost none of those things could be called racist, well, at least not with a straight face at least.

With regards to the housing stuff in the 70's, the following is an excellent, fair and very thorough article on it:

http://www.newstandardpress.com/did-trump-not-rent-to-black-people/

Odhinn wrote: »
    The sad fact is that there's an element who agree entirely with his statement and attitudes generally.

Yes I do find it sad as I believe it comes from people who are angry and haven't all the information.

Day to day I don't meet many people who would see any logic in telling someone to go back from where they came from, when they are where they came from.

Yes I do find it sad as I believe it comes from people who are angry and haven't all the information.

Day to day I don't meet many people who would see any logic in telling someone to go back from where they came from, when they are where they came from.

These are people who probably think Hawaii and Puerto Rico arent part of America. Their stupidity is their defence. They cannot comprehend how the likes of Obama or Cortez are American regardless of their birthplace.

lol. Almost none of those things could be called racist

Which one could be called racist?

pjohnson wrote: »
    These are people who probably think Hawaii and Puerto Rico arent part of America. Their stupidity is their defence.

Ha yes. I wasn't racist I was just incorrect!

notobtuse wrote: »
    As a top official at Arab Muslim welfare agency, ACCESS–the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services, she helped illegal aliens game the system and get into and remain on US soil. ACCESS was raided by the FBI for engaging in Medicaid fraud, by helping import thousands of pregnant Muslim alien women to America to have their kids here and defraud Medicaid, which paid for the deliveries. ACCESS helped supply the fraudulent social security numbers.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/documents-and-resources-july-13-2017-national-health-care-fraud-takedown-press-conference

Check out the Michigan indictments - nothing related to ACCESS. I note that you didn’t even attempt to provide evidence for this bit of fiction.
    notobtuse wrote: »

The taxes were in the Dearborn house, and were paid by Tlaib’s husband - who had incorrectly filled in the form. The house was registered as a rental property, and the tax break was worth $350 annually. It takes a special kind of desperation to try and paint that as criminal activity. 😂😂

Tlaib was registered as an owner of the Detroit property and broke no law in declaring it as her electoral residency - there’s no minimum residency stipulation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pjohnson wrote: »
    These are people who probably think Hawaii and Puerto Rico arent part of America. Their stupidity is their defence. They cannot comprehend how the likes of Obama or Cortez are American regardless of their birthplace.

There's a massive issue with denying voting rights to people in American territory's at the end of the day.

People from these territory's are US citizens enough to use as fodder during wars, but not US citizen enough to have proper voting rights, there's 4million of them and over 98% of them just happen to be NOT white.
    Its evident that the USA has issues with non-white people, there's no other reason not to give these US citizens FULL voting rights.

Its so insulting that if somebody is from Puerto Rico or there family was previously from Puerto Rico they are called an immigrant or a daughter/son of a immigrant family. They are not an immigrant though, they are and always have been a US citizen for the last 100 years.

I know many American's struggle with Geography but this goes beyond that, this is trying to label people as less because of their skin colour.

• Advertisement

lol. Almost none of those things could be called racist, well, at least not with a straight face at least.

Sure they can, mostly on the basis of their being, you know, racist.

Advertisement