Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Boggles wrote: »
    Thread is an absolute mess.

"News" / Video Dump, extension of peoples Twitter accounts.

Needs to be killed ASAP.

Don't forget hysterical accusations of racism and incoherent references to the KKK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Don't forget hysterical accusations of racism and incoherent references to the KKK

Again - You believe that white and black folk are equal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got a warning for mentioning autism earlier yet i've been called a racist ON THREAD about 20 times.

Use Report Post to highlight any posts you believe are in breach of forum charter. Do not comment on thread.

dudara

Odhinn wrote: »
    Again - You believe that white and black folk are equal?

Course i do...i've been around a long time,travelled extensively,dated women of every skin colour and worked in places you wouldn't set foot in.

I've friends from literally all corners of the earth..it's people like you are the problem...shiitstirring and divisive...the hero that nobody asked for and the commentator that nobody wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Course i do...i've been around a long time,travelled extensively,dated women of every skin colour and worked in places you wouldn't set foot in.

I've friends from literally all corners of the earth..it's people like you are the problem...shiitstirring and divisive...the hero that nobody asked for and the commentator that nobody wants.

But you believe that Obama has some evil anti American agenda and that Michelle Obama has apparently engaged in anti White racism. But when Trump tells non white Congress women to go back to their own countries, even though 3 of them are US born... There's nothing racist going on... Btw, it also seems to be influenced by his "**** hole countries" view which we has expressed in the past.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    But you believe that Obama has some evil anti American agenda and that Michelle Obama has apparently engaged in anti White racism. But when Trump tells non white Congress women to go back to their own countries, even though 3 of them are US born... There's nothing racist going on... Btw, it also seems to be influenced by his "**** hole countries" view which we has expressed in the past.

So American politics should affect my ability to live in the real world how?

Are any of you people actually living in the USA? because really if you aren't none of this stuff has anything to do with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

American politics effects us all. American culture, entertainment, sport plays a large part in our lives.

We don't have to live in the States to be greatly effected by it

So American politics should affect my ability to live in the real world how?

Are any of you people actually living in the USA? because really if you aren't none of this stuff has anything to do with you.

You didn't address anything that I said in relation to Obama's evil anti American agenda... I'm not living in the US but my mother is American and half of my family live there. The US tends to impact the globe unfortunately so it's relevant to everyone.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    American politics effects us all. American culture, entertainment, sport plays a large part in our lives.

We don't have to live in the States to be greatly effected by it

Sorry but i personally don't watch Baseball,follow the Kardashians or say "like" every other word.

If this is affecting you "greatly" maybe you need to have a good look at yourself...people getting bent out of shape by a president 4,400 miles away whilst letting our own country run itself into the ground is a little bit sad.

batgoat wrote: »
    You didn't address anything that I said in relation to Obama's evil anti American agenda...

Why should i?

Whatever i say you won't listen to..you'll simply post more and more questions like yer man asking me do i think black and white people are equal.

My day doesn't revolve around looking for ways to trip up people online and an obession with another country's president.

• Advertisement

Why should i?

Whatever i say you won't listen to..you'll simply post more and more questions like yer man asking me do i think black and white people are equal.

My day doesn't revolve around looking for ways to trip up people online and an obession with another country's president.
    Okay, so then we can base our opinion of you on previous posts you've made that were pretty atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

This is the problem with White Liberals. They're need to be the White Savior. That's even more racist than "Go back to your own Country" because they're practically telling non Whites "You're not smart enough to be offended so I'll be offended for you."

Sorry but i personally don't watch Baseball,follow the Kardashians or say "like" every other word.

If this is affecting your "greatly" maybe you need to have a good look at yourself.

So you have never watched an American made tv show or movie, never used an American product or service? American culture and entertainment is all around us. It dominates our tv, you see it on our main streets, our online viewing habits are hugely influenced by American based sites.

We live in Ireland where a large % of population are employed by American multinationals. Hell the small town I grew up in west Roscommon the biggest employer is an American medical products firm where a number of my extended family currently work.

The phrase "If America sneezes the world catches a cold" is still very true to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Nope - it's in, ineptly, defending an obvious racist in his racism.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    This is the problem with White Liberals. They're need to be the White Savior. That's even more racist than "Go back to your own Country" because they're practically telling non Whites "You're not smart enough to be offended so I'll be offended for you."

Newsflash - pretty much everyone was offended by the blatant racism of Trump. Except for dead-ender ideologue deniers.

alastair wrote: »
    Nope - it's in, ineptly, defending an obvious racist in his racism.

You need to learn some new words buddy. You're sounding like a stuck record at this stage!

Newsflash - pretty much everyone was offended by the blatant racism of Trump. Except for dead-ender ideologue deniers.

Havn't heard that one before...what does it mean to those of us not obsessed with other countries' leadership?

You need to learn some new words buddy. You're sounding like a stuck record at this stage!

I call it as I find it. I'm not the one playing the racist tune. That would be Trump.

I call it as I find it. I'm not the one playing the racist tune. That would be Trump.

Any links where he specifically mentions people's race?

Havn't heard that one before...what does it mean to those of us not obsessed with other countries' leadership?

You seem pretty obsessed with defending an obvious racist in his racism. Ever wondered how you found yourself in that position?

• Advertisement

Any links where he specifically mentions people's race?

You've been provided with ample evidence of his long-standing racism. Feel free to review once again.

You've been provided with ample evidence of his long-standing racism. Feel free to review once again.

I've seen an article where he absolutely does not mention race..how is this "evidence"??

I've seen an article where he absolutely does not mention race..how is this "evidence"??

Again - feel free to review again to sort out your recollection issues.

Anybody like to take some time off from typing the word "racist" to address the antisemitism of Ilhan Omar?

Again - feel free to review again to sort out your recollection issues.

I have "reviewed" it and i've yet to find any mention of race or colour in anything he said..are you going to produce actual tangible evidence or are you going to keep bull****ting along in this vein?

I have "reviewed" it and i've yet to find any mention of race or colour in anything he said..are you going to produce actual tangible evidence or are you going to keep bull****ting along in this vein?

The problem isn't with the evidence, it's with your refusal to acknowledge it.

The problem isn't with the evidence, it's with your refusal to acknowledge it.

It's not evidence in tha it does not mention race OR colour..the two vital ingredients in any accusation about racism.

What do you think of Ilhan Omar's public antisemitism?

Regardless whether you think it was racist or not at the end of the day Trump shouldn't have said it. His reasoning for saying it makes no sense considering Trump himself was highly critical of previous President and how the US was run. It's worse still when Trump wouldn't say the same thing to Bernie Sanders who is politically similar to AOC and has been vocally negative towards Trump since day 1 of his presidency.

On top of everything else you will now have lunatics wanting to assassinate these women when they see their commander in chief calling them 'threats, anti American' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Regardless whether you think it was racist or not at the end of the day Trump shouldn't have said it.

Trump even knows he shouldn't have said it. He backed away from the chant. Dunno why people here are so defensive of him. He'll be grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    He also retweeted this in 2015 which is, unsurprisingly, a crock of sh!t

<SNIP>

Keep on trying to convince yourselves that Donny doesn't have a racist bone in his body icon14.png

Im not sure if the exact numbers are correct but the biggest threat to life for black people in the states is other black people and they make up a disproportionate threat to white people also.

We live in a clown world where facts are racist now...

Advertisement