Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Sad. Democrats symbolically want our country to become an endless soup kitchen with endless soup… with me (the taxpayer) paying for it… and the democrats get the benefit of more voters. Our immigration and borders are in shambles and everyone is blaming Trump. But it’s not Trump’s fault as Obama's appointed judges (who must think they’re president) keep ruling Trump cannot do what falls within his powers to do. I have been arguing Obama is not the worst president in US history, as that honor goes to James Buchanan. It might be time I admit I was wrong.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    Sad. Democrats symbolically want our country to become an endless soup kitchen with endless soup… with me (the taxpayer) paying for it… and the democrats get the benefit of more voters. Our immigration and borders are in shambles and everyone is blaming Trump. But it’s not Trump’s fault as Obama's appointed judges (who must think they’re president) keep ruling Trump cannot do what falls within his powers to do. I have been arguing Obama is not the worst president in US history, as that honor goes to James Buchanan. It might be time I admit I was wrong.

You're definitely wrong, it will be centuries before Trump loses that accolade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What do you think about Trump bailing out the farmers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Seems Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a private sit-down meeting. Afterwards, Nancy said it was a really nice meeting and she didn't think they have that many differences.”

So, I wonder... was it a nice meeting or a this is the command lines and AOC better step in line?

Interesting to note AP reported that Ocasio-Cortez avoided reporters after her meeting with Pelosi. That’s a first! When has AOC ever passed up an opportunity for self-promotion?

As insane as Nancy is its seems like she realizes that the GOP are reclaiming the House next year. Plus AOC has an actual opponent next year [A Female Jamaican Trump supporter. So she can't use the usual "racist", "sexist",etc Left wing buzzwords.] so is just grinning and bearing that idiot for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Plus AOC has an actual opponent next year [A Female Jamaican Trump supporter. So she can't use the usual "racist", "sexist",etc Left wing buzzwords.

This black conservative is running against her too, seen him a few times before, interesting guy but not squeaky clean, ex-con.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Seems Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a private sit-down meeting. Afterwards, Nancy said it was a really nice meeting and she didn't think they have that many differences.”

So, I wonder... was it a nice meeting or a this is the command lines and AOC better step in line?

Interesting to note AP reported that Ocasio-Cortez avoided reporters after her meeting with Pelosi. That’s a first! When has AOC ever passed up an opportunity for self-promotion?

AOC probably hadn’t realised they were in the same party until they had the private meeting. She isn’t the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

AOC probably hadn’t realised they were in the same party until they had the private meeting. She isn’t the brightest.

Can you give me an example of her stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

steddyeddy wrote: »

I can :D

And look it’s not even Fox News :pac:

Well there was the time Mike Homan almost had to get the crayons out to explain to her that doing something illegal, was in fact, illegal.

Didnt anyone come across this little nugget?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1562921001

Aoc is supporting a walkout by Wayfair employees because the company is now
    Making beds and furniture for the detention centres.

What do they want? For them to sleep on the floors? It’s like we are living in bizzaro world.

Then aoc come up with this little gem
    "Wayfair workers couldn’t stomach they were making beds to cage children," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "They asked the company to stop. CEO said no."

Making beds to cage children. Maaaking beeeeds tooo caaage children. Wow.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., whose district includes Wayfair's headquarters, said she stands in solidarity of those walking out on Wednesday.
    "We must actively #resist any & all efforts by this cruel, incompetent administration to cage children and separate families," she tweeted. "I proudly stand in solidarity w/ the hardworking individuals at #Wayfair who are walking out in the name of #justice & humanity."

NO BEDS FOR YOU!

They just want to virtue signal and hound Trump. They don’t actually want to fix the problem. And they have the power to fix it.

You can’t make this stuff up. The liberals are nuts, and the Democratic Party is insidious.

These guys are on point lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

mad muffin wrote: »
    What do they want? For them to sleep on the floors? It’s like we are living in bizzaro world.

Well according to the Globe, they have seen the letter from these employees. It states what they want. It's in the article you linked.
    "We believe that the current actions of the United States and their contractors at the Southern border do not represent an ethical business partnership Wayfair should choose to be a part of,” the letter stated, according to the Globe, which obtained a copy of the letter. “At Wayfair, we believe that ‘everyone should live in a home that they love.’ Let’s stay true to that message by taking a stand against the reprehensible practice of separating families, which denies them any home at all."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No matter one's personal politics and I could few fecks for the US brand, but this Cortez wan comes across as at best amateur hour, or dumb as a box of rocks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    No matter one's personal politics and I could few fecks for the US brand, but this Cortez wan comes across as at best amateur hour, or dumb as a box of rocks.

A common trend with current US politicians IMO :)

But I can't stop watching it! ha

Well there was the time Mike Homan almost had to get the crayons out to explain to her that doing something illegal, was in fact, illegal.

She's definitely an amateur in politics but she'll learn. My problem is Trump supporters calling another politician stupid.

She's definitely an amateur in politics but she'll learn. My problem is Trump supporters calling another politician stupid.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Well according to the Globe, they have seen the letter from these employees. It states what they want. It's in the article you linked.

If they really cared. They’d make the best beds they could make for them.

Not post some kumbaya bull**** that helps no one. Especially those they espouse to help.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

But you agree Trump is stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Cool, so you hold a similar view on companies that would have manufactured beds for gulags? I can understand why they'd prefer to not to collaborate and assist those who have actively created the problem. You'll likely make what you think is a funny joke in response, seems to be how you treat discussions...

batgoat wrote: »
    Cool, so you hold a similar view on companies that would have manufactured beds for gulags? I can understand why they'd prefer to not to collaborate and assist those who have actively created the problem. You'll likely make what you think is a funny joke in response, seems to be how you treat discussions...

Oh you’re a feisty one, aren’t you? Gulags lol.

Stupid as a fox. ;)

• Advertisement

That's certainly a valid view on it.

I was just helping you with your questions about the article you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

This black conservative is running against her too, seen him a few times before, interesting guy but not squeaky clean, ex-con.

<SNIP>

The great thing about having 2 Black Conservatives running against her is that she won't be able to hide behind the "racism and sexism" to save her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What do you think about Trump bailing out the farmers?
    It pisses me off, but I realize the temporary evil is needed to support the battle to achieve better trade negotiations.

Where Trump has really failed is giving in to the farm lobby in allowing 15% ethanol in gasoline. It will destroy all small engines in the US... motorcycles, boats, lawn tractors, mowers, chain saws, trimmers, generators, etc.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    That's certainly a valid view on it.

I was just helping you with your questions about the article you posted.

Thanks. You’re a mensch.

Not as stupid as some people think he is.

Not even. It’s just the lefts hatred of him perpetuating that illogical myth.

As soon as he took office he became this stupid orange skinned weird haired oaf.
    Oh and of course racist. Despite awards from NAACP and the like.

Compare and contrast.

Justine Trudeau. He’s smart. He’s handsome. He’s the great white saviour of the left.

Guess which one has done better for their country? Guess which one is a billionaire business magnate, and which one is a substitute teacher. Guess who’s going to go one to win a second term and which one won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You can’t make this stuff up. The liberals are nuts.

Sure are and a Trump tweet has yet another CNN reporter in tears today. How many is that now?

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1155147384185380864

Sure are and a Trump tweet has yet another CNN reporter in tears today. How many is that now?

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1155147384185380864

Haha RACIST!! The left are racist mad

He should be crying about the state those people have to live in instead about Trump putting a spotlight on the Dems hypocrisy.

<SNIP>

That’s all they know. You should’ve seen her meltdown when she found out the Supreme Court removed the injunction to Trumps request for 2.5 Billio. From the pentagon, to go towards building the wall.

<SNIP>

Nope, try again without YouTube link dumping

dudara

Do not discuss mod action in thread. Contact a mod directly, or use the Help Desk

dudara

• Advertisement

He stated that airports were raided during the American war of Indepence and wind turbines give you cancer. I mean that's pretty stupid right?

Advertisement