Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

steddyeddy wrote: »
    MM in my previous post I wondered how many Trump fans here actually live in America. You're missing a well acknowledged and easily googled point. Do you know along which lines the poorest states vote for and who the richest generally vote for?

Chicago and Detroit are on Democrat lockdown and they're virtually 3rd World cities in a 1st World Country. SF and NYC have a homeless epidemic because of their high prices and LA and SF have tent cities because of their homelessness and illegals.

You have no ground to stand on with your "Liberal states are utopias" narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mad muffin wrote: »
    I can :D

And look it’s not even Fox News :pac:

Article 31 of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees says otherwise. “The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Chicago and Detroit are on Democrat lockdown and they're virtually 3rd World cities in a 1st World Country. SF and NYC have a homeless epidemic because of their high prices and LA and SF have tent cities because of their homelessness and illegals.

94% of the poorest states vote republican. Sorry John you mentioned two cities with problems. 18 of the poorest states in America vote republican. 18 states > two cities.

94% of the poorest states vote republican. Sorry John you mentioned two cities with problems. 18 of the poorest states in America vote republican. 18 states > two cities.

Virtually every Liberal run city has problems. Those Liberal cities are worse. Smaller rural [mostly farm land. You were you get your food from so you can turn your nose up at them] states are not going to generate as much revenue. NY has the financial and fashion district while CA has the tech industry. Yet they're debt ridden beyond belief [Cuomo and Brown even begged Trump for bailouts despite virtue signalling that they were "resisting" him]and now they have crime ridden and homelessness [SF even has people ****ting on the streets] I lived most of my life in NY and the only time it was worth living in was when Giulliani was Mayor and Pataki was Governor.

Virtually every Liberal run city has problems. Those Liberal cities are worse. Smaller rural [mostly farm land. You were you get your food from so you can turn your nose up at them] states are not going to generate as much revenue. NY has the financial and fashion district while CA has the tech industry. Yet they're debt ridden beyond belief [Cuomo and Brown even begged Trump for bailouts despite virtue signalling that they were "resisting" him]and now they have crime ridden and homelessness [SF even has people ****ting on the streets] I lived most of my life in NY and the only time it was worth living in was when Giulliani was Mayor and Pataki was Governor.

OK let's say that this is definitely true and New York is has some financial problems.

That still isn't worse than the demonstrable fact that 94% of the poorest states are Republican run. So if New York's poor because it's run by the democrats you really think a party that is elected routinely by 94% of the poorest states will turn around the economy?

• Advertisement

OK let's say that this is definitely true and New York is has some financial problems.

That still isn't worse than the demonstrable fact that 94% of the poorest states are Republican run. So if New York's poor because it's run by the democrats you really think a party that is elected routinely by 94% of the poorest states will turn around the economy?

Do you live under a rock? NY IS having financial problems. There's been an exodus for the last number of years because people are fleeing [and fleeing CA] the high taxes. And yet them and CA want to get rid of the Electoral College so they can force their policies on the rest of the US when their policies are crippling them.

been an exodus for the last number of years because people are fleeing [and fleeing CA] the high taxes. And yet them and CA want to get rid of the Electoral College so they can force their policies on the rest of the US when their policies are crippling them.

Right but what would Republicans do to fix this. Remember that they control 94% of the poorest states and have kept them poor. How would they help homeless people?

Right but what would Republicans do to fix this. Remember that they control 94% of the poorest states and have kept them poor. How would they help homeless people?

You keep bringing that up like it means something. Democrats have run the two economic powerhouse states in the US right into the ground. That is shameful. If you had any sense of self awareness you be ashamed about blindly following a party that has crippled the two biggest economic states.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You keep bringing that up like it means something. Democrats have run the two economic powerhouse states in the US right into the ground. That is shameful. If you had any sense of self awareness you be ashamed about blindly following a party that has crippled the two biggest economic states.

So you just want to concentrate on those 2 and ignore the facts about the poorer states that the Reps control?

Of course track record of parties is important when talking about track records.

• Advertisement

So you just want to concentrate on those 2 and ignore the facts about the poorer states that the Reps control?

What's the matter? Don't like a light be shone on your side's terrible policies? Those "poorer states" are financially stable and not saddled with horrible debt.

Of course track record of parties is important when talking about track records.

Yes. And The Democrats track work of running CA and NY is terrible.

Yes. And The Democrats track work of running CA and NY is terrible.

OK I don't know the ins and outs of it so I'll research it and get back to you. My question is that Republicans have a much worse economic track record so I take it you don't consider these guys the answer?

OK I don't know the ins and outs

No ****. Next you'll be telling me water is wet.

My question is that Republicans have a much worse economic track record so I take it you don't consider these guys the answer?

LOL. Red states aren't saddled with unsustainable debt. The Blue states.You have no argument. That is a horrible track record for your side no matter how much you want to deflect from it.

I should say that Michigan, the state where Detroit is located voted for Donald Trump in the presidential elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What's the matter? Don't like a light be shone on your side's terrible policies? Those "poorer states" are financially stable and not saddled with horrible debt.

My side? I don't have a "side" I'm juat pointing out your hypocrisy as you seem to not want to talk about anything that shines a bad light on the Republican party. You just shout "look over there".

LOL. Red states aren't saddled with unsustainable debt. The Blue states.You have no argument. That is a horrible track record for your side no matter how much you want to deflect from it.

But at least we agree that Republican states are far poorer and far more likely to be far poorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

There was ZERO racist about what he said. Stop seeing racism in everything.

Oh I agree that was his motive but that doesn't make what he said racist.

If you had just stuck to that aspect of things I'd agree with you, but that's just it, the criticism of Trump can never just be the legitimate stuff, it always has to be exaggerated with accusations of racism thrown in. This is what annoys people.

That makes zero sense. You just wanted to shoehorn 'Charlottesville' in.

Eh, there are people there that would make him wet himself?? You think that gives weight to your accusations? It doesn't. If anything it supports what Trump said.

Anway, I'll leave you with a Baltimore Resident.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1155253573959028737

That’s real people right there. American citizens. Who’s fighting for them? The Democrats are a pathetic bunch.

And the comments are just an eye opener into the Democrats state of mind. Even calling the reporter Ryan Saavedra a racist. And he’s Hispanic. Wow.

mad muffin wrote: »
    That’s real people right there. American citizens. Who’s fighting for them? The Democrats are a pathetic bunch.

And the comments are just an eye opener into the Democrats state of mind. Even calling the reporter Ryan Saavedra a racist. And he’s Hispanic. Wow.

Look I agree with something you and Pete implied earlier. People who are dealing with real economic problems shouldn't be focused on attacking other people and instead deal with what they're elected to do. Again when a party rules over 94% of poorest states maybe they should lay off the tweets.

alastair wrote: »
    Article 31 of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees says otherwise. “The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence”

First of all the USA are a signatory to the 1967 protocol.

But that’s besides the point. They are illegal immigrants. Not refugees. As Mr. Homan said. If they want to seek asylum they need to enter through a port of entryl. And if aoc doesn’t like the law, she’s free to change it. He’s just following the law the Democrats enacted into law. Trump is just following it to the letter.

The Democrats had no such issues when Obama was in office. And he deported more illegal immigrants than any other president. The Democrats had no issue with the cages when Obama was in office. And he built them. Imagine he built cages. They weren’t good enough for buildings.

All of a sudden the Democrats have a conscious? No they are simply hypocrites. All they’ve done is hound trump and flex their house majority muscle to deny money for the border.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Trump's pushing the American budget deficit up to a trillion dollars. Canada's nowhere near as bad. Also qaulity of life is higher in Canada.

Another bullshyte soundbyte. You’d swear the deficit was at zero when Trump was elected. The deficit has been rising for the past 50 years.

You’d swear the deficit was at zero when Trump was elected. The deficit has been rising for the past 50 years.

What benefits has Trump brought the economy?

circadian wrote: »
    https://www.societyforscience.org/content/ssp-blog/intel-isef-alumna-headed-capitol-hill

Aye, not the brightest. Sorry, what have your academic achievements been again?

She did a school project on worms. I take it all back hahahahaha. That’s the bottom of the barrel well and truly scraped.

Look I agree with something you and Pete implied earlier. People who are dealing with real economic problems shouldn't be focused on attacking other people and instead deal with what they're elected to do. Again when a party rules over 94% of poorest states maybe they should lay off the tweets.

Yes poorer. Not poor. Because they aren’t being propped up by

1. The population.
    2. Big tech.
    3. Wall Street
    4. Hollywood.

But you still won’t answer why the poorest cities in the blue states are majority African American or minorities. And the poorest parts of the richest cities in the blue states are African American or minorities?

You also haven’t answered why NY and California are in such financial strife?

Show me a red state that is the same basket case as California?

Oh and you mentioned Detroit. A city that voted democrat since the 70’s

She did a school project on worms.

The fact you described a project on quantifying and qualifying the effect of free radicals on the lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans as "a project on worms" tells me all I need to know about your view on her intelligence.

What benefits has Trump brought the economy?

Lowest unemployment in years. Lowest minority unemployment since the 70s. Strong GDP growth. Average hourly earnings have risen between by 2.7 and 2.9%. Real medial household income has been growing for the past three years

Lowest unemployment in years. Lowest minority unemployment since the 70s. Strong GDP growth. Average hourly earnings have risen between by 2.7 and 2.9%. Real medial household income has been growing for the past three years

Don’t forget though he’s sexist and racist the Democrats cry. What they don’t cry out is that.

Female unemployment is the lowest since WWII. That’s when all the men were at war so someone had to stay back and work.

African American unemployment is the lowest ever. As in the history of the United States taking census of employment. Ever. As in, there has never been a time in American history that African Americans have been employed in such numbers.

Actually the economy is slowing down with negative business investment and housing problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/26/business/economy/us-gdp-growth.html

And here is the breakdown of national debt deficit since the national treasury has been tracking it since ‘93
    • The national debt grew by 15% through February 11 of Clinton's first term and ended up growing by 36% by the end of the 2000 fiscal year, the final full fiscal year of his presidency.
    • The debt grew by 12% during Bush's first 752 days and grew by 75% when the 2008 fiscal year came to a close.
    • Under Obama's first two years and change, the national debt grew by 33%, and it grew by 84% by the end of the 2016 fiscal year.
    • The debt grew 10% in Trump's first 752 days and is projected to grow by 44% by the end of the 2024 fiscal year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Economy circles don't correlated with political. All the above is Obama's legacy. Will talk about Trump's in 5 - 10 years.

Advertisement