Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

And you’ve crashed and burned.

Read what you said, slowly.

Democrats destroyed the strongest Middle Class in the US. Eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If you think about it poorer people are actually richer than rich people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Danzy wrote: »
    Baltimore is in a low level civil war.

It's murder rate would translate in this Stage to about 4000 a year being killed.

It's rape, assault and robbery stats are insanely high.

It's a desperate ****hole.

No I’m sorry trump is racist. Lol.

What really gets me is that it’s African Americans doing it to themselves. But trump is racist. The rep. Is African American. But trump is racist. The city council is African American. But Trump is racist.

Infested! He says. Infested. That’s my town youre talking about, he cry’s Infested! I’m about to cry because you called my rat infested crime infested town infested. But your talking about black and brown people. Infested!

He won’t shed a tear for the resident. No. He’s crying because big bad Trump called his hellhole of a town infested.

AMERICANS Wtf is going on? As JG would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

batgoat wrote: »
    Just to clarify that isn't quoting me and can't help but laugh at your Google conspiracy theories.

Apologies, I'll edit it - but why do think it's a conspiracy theory?

You honestly think someone as divisive and controversial as AOC would return hundreds and hundreds of positive videos in a YouTube search without some scurrilous tweaking going on? Ah come on, you're not that naive.

I'm telling you from my own experience anyway, four or five weeks back, that wasn't like that. Search Donald Trump there and see if you get 250 positive clips in a row :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He actually has a point, in New York or California life is hard on 40 an hour.

On 15 an hour you'll save in Mississippi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Democrats destroyed the strongest Middle Class in the US. Eat it.

Link please.

Those "poorer states" have a lower standard of living. Plus they're not burdened by Democrats taxes [which decimated the Middle Class in CA, but none of the talking heads are willing to discuss that] What's the point of making $20 and hour when atleast $15 is taken for taxes.

Why? I think you need to understand. They are poorer per capita. But they aren’t poor. Someone in say Texas can afford more for their money than someone living in ny or California.

And if you want to get more for less in ny or California you got to get right out into the sticks.

For instance my grandads 1 bedroom flat in nyc costs more than my aunties whole house with a front and backyard and a pool in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I love seeing the people who regularly berate me for 'having a go' at the working class attribute republican voting to people being poor and stupid. Its the worst trope in US politics.

There are many reasons why some of those states that happen to vote GOP are poor and will continue to be no matter what policies , and historical mismanagement by democrats in some cases that keep them almost permanently poorer today : https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/06/07/are-the-10-poorest-u-s-states-really-republican/#12e42da16e06
    In the politically motivated attempt to blame Republicans for the lower incomes in the 10 poorest states, CNN’s Cafferty and Democrats have taken one snapshot—of the census’ income statistics—and combined it with another snapshot—of current political leanings—to create the impression that Republican policies make America poorer.

The more important factor is not the economic ranking of states at a point in time, but the overall trends. An important article by John Merline compared the economic performance of blue states and red states during the presidency of Barack Obama. The trend of economic indicators clearly favors Republican states. Democratic states have experienced lower growth in both jobs and income in the last few years. Home prices have fallen further in blue states, and their unemployment rates are higher. In other words, a dynamic economic analysis of the states casts a far more favorable light on Republican states than static analysis. Since real life is dynamic, not static, Republicans can make the stronger case about which party is best suited to lead the way to greater prosperity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/05/31/president-obamas-wealth-destroying-goal-taking-the-curley-effect-nationwide/#3b1a94a73d75 headline is a bit charged but theres a lot more in here about how democrats broke cities.
    The Curley effect is extensive. Perhaps you have seen the chain e-mail listing the ten poorest U.S. cities with a population of at least 250,000: Detroit, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Miami, St. Louis, El Paso, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Newark. Besides all having poverty rates between 24 percent and 32 percent, these cities share a common political factor: Only two have had a Republican mayor since 1961, and those two (Cincinnati and Cleveland) haven’t had one since the 1980s. Democratic mayors have had a lock on City Hall despite these once-great and prosperous cities stagnating on their watch. This is the Curley effect in action.

Let me comment on the city on that list that I know the best—Detroit. (I grew up a few miles from its city limits.) In the 1920s, Detroit was arguably the richest city in the world. Today it is broke—a shadow of its former self after 51 years of Democratic hegemony and a Curley-like agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Those "poorer states" have a lower standard of living. Plus they're not burdened by Democrats taxes [which decimated the Middle Class in CA, but none of the talking heads are willing to discuss that] What's the point of making $20 and hour when atleast $15 is taken for taxes.

How in the name of Jesus is lower standards of living a good thing?

• Advertisement

Link please.

All you have to do is follow CA's decline since it became down the line Democrat.

On 15 an hour you'll save in Mississippi.

It’s about quality of life and high standards.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    How in the name of Jesus is lower standards of living a good thing?

Democrats decimated the Middle Class in CA. Suck it.

I think you mean lower cost.

And Maybe CA and NY Dems love illegal immigration and welfare state.

All you have to do is follow CA's decline since it became down the line Democrat.

So nothing.
    Thanks.

What?

So nothing.
    Thanks.

So you don't want to learn the truth for yourself?

What?

You don't think they play a part in making the cost of living more expensive?

So you don't want to learn the truth for yourself?

I asked for a link.
    You can’t provide any.
    The end.

• Advertisement

If you are on 70,000 a year in New York, your quality of life is going to be light. Less than that and you can forget it.

I've no problem with a left wing perspective on economics.

I asked for a link.
    You can’t provide any.
    The end.

You don't want to find out for yourself. Truth hurts I know. End of.

Link please.

its references it in the article I shared :
    What is most troublesome about the Curley effect is that it is spreading beyond its historical setting of cities. Entire states—most notably our most populous, California—are manifesting all the symptoms of the Curley effect: Democrats enjoying electoral hegemony; businesses and middle-class individuals, more Republican than Democratic, emigrating to states with less oppressive tax regimes; reduced job opportunities; a budget careening toward bankruptcy.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/05/31/president-obamas-wealth-destroying-goal-taking-the-curley-effect-nationwide/#314091f73d75

If you are on 70,000 a year in New York, your quality of life is going to be light.

I've no problem with a left wing perspective on economics.

Until more and more of your paycheck disappears every week.

You don't want to find out for yourself. Truth hurts I know. End of.

You’ve made a statement as fact, you have nothing to back it up.
    Fin.

Hard to understand why the want a social democratic side to the State but are radically free market on migration.

Calling it internationalism or solidarity, doesn't change it from being extreme free market practice on the ground.

You’ve made a statement as fact, you have nothing to back it up.
    Fin.

It is true. You're just too lazy to find out.

You know it’s 2019?

Yes I do , but the information is still relevant and explains whats been happening in california that will keep it blue and pushes out those not bought and paid for on the train.

• Advertisement

Hard to understand why the want a social democratic side to the State but are radically free market on migration.

Calling it internationalism or solidarity, doesn't change it from being extreme free market practice on the ground.

And how can they claim to be Pro-Middle/Working Class on one hand and decimating them on the other.

Advertisement