Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    If you would look at my posting history in Politics it WOULD boggle the mind why I got banned. But that is neither here nor there as this is a much better category. I was also threatened with a permanent ban for saying all indications show the Trump campaign was spied on. Turned out I was the only one here CORRECT on the matter.

But back to the topic of looney tunes AOC. She's now being lambasted for saying the heartland doesn't matter. Just more evidence of how out of touch the Democrats have become.

If My sarcasm wasn’t clear before: I can see why you were banned.

What does any of this have to do with the attack on an ICE facility that occurred earlier this summer? Spin that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Overheal wrote: »
    If My sarcasm wasn’t clear before: I can see why you were banned.

What does any of this have to do with the attack on an ICE facility that occurred earlier this summer? Spin that
    I think I see some guilt there.

AOC is also noted in the topic in case you fail to comprehend that. And then indirectly Trumps targeting of her as a result of her actions.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

AOC is also noted in the topic in case you fail to comprehend that. And then indirectly Trumps targeting of her as a result of her actions.

It’s not the AOC hate-boner thread though is it: it’s a thread focusing on the ICE facility incident. We have a politics forum to discuss politicians in their own abstraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think I see some guilt there.

I dont think you should mention anyone elses comprehension :pac:

It’s not the AOC hate-boner thread though is it: it’s a thread focusing on the ICE facility incident. We have a politics forum to discuss politicians in their own abstraction.
    Perhaps it might be advantageous if you followed your own advice, then.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont think you should mention anyone elses comprehension :pac:
    Why not? Everyone else here enjoys being prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Oh, I'm confident a lot of childish snowflakes worked hard to make that happen.

As a right wing American, can you answer me something?
    See this 'snow flake' thing, is it subject specific? I ask because the way you and your ilk go on about AOC and the media you and yours are the biggest snow flakes, if it means delicate. Did you know Republicans are snow flakes, especially you when it comes to anyone criticising Trump or the child cages?

On a similar note; Do you find it coincidental that Republicans such as yourself spend a lot of their time trying to shout down opinions they don't agree with, and push their own 'morals' 'ethics' and agenda on people while complaining the liberals are doing same?
    It's like, 'Don't let those PC liberals take away your rights. By the way no abortions, let's bring back the christ in Christmas, none of that 'holidays'' and so on?

'Don't let all those liberal freedoms take away our right to make you live how we think you should' would be more honest.

Perhaps it might be advantageous if you followed your own advice, then.

Indubitably, I already am: having previously indicated to you I am not going to engage in your misleading, derailing and inaccurate political talking points to satisfy your hate boner with. I encourage others to do the same, given this thread has run the course of its topic and has only been dredged up because AOC triggered you today or something and you wanted to go pick some fight in the Internet with people about it, but being banned from politics you decided the laziest thing to do would be to resurrect a tangentially related thread. I mean, at least make a new thread about it?

As a right wing American, can you answer me something?
    See this 'snow flake' thing, is it subject specific? I ask because the way you and your ilk go on about AOC and the media you and yours are the biggest snow flakes, if it means delicate. Did you know Republicans are snow flakes, especially you when it comes to anyone criticising Trump or the child cages?

On a similar note; Do you find it coincidental that Republicans such as yourself spend a lot of their time trying to shout down opinions they don't agree with, and push their own 'morals' 'ethics' and agenda on people while complaining the liberals are doing same?
    It's like, 'Don't let those PC liberals take away your rights. By the way no abortions, let's bring back the christ in Christmas, none of that 'holidays'' and so on?
    Someone who says 'you and your ilk' takes issue with 'snow flake?'

And republicans don't try to shout down opinions. We debate and provide our opinions. We're just done sitting back and simply taking crap from Democrats and their hateful minions in the media. Sorry if that offends.

Do you consider ilk a derogatory slur or ?

• Advertisement

Someone who says 'you and your ilk' takes issue with 'snow flake?'

And republicans don't try to shout down opinions. We debate and provide our opinions. We're just done sitting back and simply taking crap from Democrats and their hateful minions in the media. Sorry if that offends.

Your ilk being republican, American?

Ilk means kind.
    Snowflake means delicate, sensitive meant as an insult, no?
    Anyway I can see you're triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

On a similar note; Do you find it coincidental that Republicans such as yourself spend a lot of their time trying to shout down opinions they don't agree with...

LMAO :P

Ever heard of Antifa, Matt?

Indubitably, I already am: having previously indicated to you I am not going to engage in your misleading, derailing and inaccurate political talking points to satisfy your hate boner with. I encourage others to do the same, given this thread has run the course of its topic and has only been dredged up because AOC triggered you today or something and you wanted to go pick some fight in the Internet with people about it, but being banned from politics you decided the laziest thing to do would be to resurrect a tangentially related thread. I mean, at least make a new thread about it?
    Anything associated with AOC would be fair game here. But go ahead with your feeble attempts to once again try and silence me because I have different political viewpoints. And I was just explaining to you why I can't post in Politics as you encouraged me to do. I'd think you'd be thankful I informed you why that is impossible. As you get older you'll get wiser. I'm sure of it. Perhaps until then maybe it would be best if you take that not engaging thing across the board. Somehow, though, I don't think you can... as playing moderator has its allure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How much of a snowflake do you have to be to take issue with the word ilk?

Like I said earlier, astonishing lack of self awareness

LMAO :P

Ever heard of Antifa, Matt?

No.

Your ilk being republican, American?

Ilk means kind.
    Snowflake means delicate, sensitive meant as an insult, no?
    Anyway I can see you're triggered.
    When someone says 'you and your ilk' it is meant as an insult. Or if you disagree then please show me where it has been used as something good.

When someone says 'you and your ilk' it is meant as an insult. Or if you disagree then please show me where it has been used as something good.

I'll go so far as the dictionary chief, (not inferring you are first nations/native american):
    Derived from a Scottish term meaning the same, the word is synonymous with type and kind, and it's usually used in phrases like of that ilk or of his/her ilk. It refers to a person's associates or colleagues. It's neutral.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ilk

Don't be so sensitive or delicate.

I'll go so far as the dictionary chief, (not inferring you are first nations/native american):

Don't be so sensitive or delicate.
    Do a search on the term 'you and your ilk' and find me where someone says it as something neutral or good. I dare you!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As you get older you'll get wiser. I'm sure of it. Perhaps until then maybe it would be best if you take that not engaging thing across the board. Somehow, though, I don't think you can... as playing moderator has its allure.
    Cut out the personal digs

EDIT: Also applies here:
    Can’t you work out your hate boner in private? Hyperventilating and melting down over a freshman congresswoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No.

Well, they're this group of scumbags that go around in masks beating the bejesus out of anyone that expresses opinions they don't like, sometimes even journalists. They get lots of support of liberals and democrats at large, despite their criminal behaviour.

Lefties like to suggest that they are an Anti fascist group but in fact it's more likely that the FA in AntiFA stands for 'first amendment' given that they have destroyed buildings and damaged venues just because speakers were set to give talks expressing views they don't ascribe to.

So when you complained about republicans 'shouting down opinions' in kind of made me laugh, hence my emoji.

Now here's where you needlessly point out that your 'No' was actually sarcasm.

• Advertisement

LOL. AOC, who doesn’t know the difference between weather and climate, is sure Hurricane Dorian hates poor people. What more can be said!

LOL. AOC, who doesn’t know the difference between weather and climate, is sure Hurricane Dorian hates poor people. What more can be said!

What does this have to do with ICE?

The hate boner rages on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Yes indeed. I remember when she said this classic.
    "It used to not be climate change. It used to be global warming. That wasn't working too well, 'cause it was getting too cold all over the place."

And
    "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive."

And again mixing up climate with the weather
    "It's really cold outside, they are calling it a major freeze, weeks ahead of normal. Man, we could use a big fat dose of global warming!"

Ah sorry actually that was Trump.

Do you mind me asking you something? Republican states are poorer, have lower quality of life than Democrat states and have less education. With this in mind why do Republicans label AOC as stupid? Doesn't that leave their party open to the blatant idiocy they've displayed over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

steddyeddy wrote: »

And

Do you mind me asking you something? Republican states are poorer, have lower quality of life than Democrat states and have less education. With this in mind why do Republicans label AOC as stupid? Doesn't that leave their party open to the blatant idiocy they've displayed over the years?

The hate boner rages on

You sound like a seven year old class bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

mad muffin wrote: »

The hate boner rages on

It's about a US congresswoman who's the subject of the thread MM.

The hate boner rages on

You make it sound as if steddyeddy was the one who necro’d this stupid thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's about a US congresswoman who's the subject of the thread MM.

Is it? US congresswoman Donald Trump?

Is it? US congresswoman Donald Trump?

The point is showing that the grifter/chancer Trump has fluffed on climate change himself. You got that right?

• Advertisement

And

Shock, horror! The Left takes issue with exposing the future of the Democrat party.

Those less educated you speak of are smart enough to understand the dangers of some who are educated, yet stupid, and in powerful positions making decisions that affect us all. A piece of paper (degree) doesn't automatically make you intelligent. Take AOC... a degree in economics but seemingly doesn't understand the basics of economics.

Advertisement