Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    Shock, horror! The Left takes issue with exposing the future of the Democrat party.

Those less educated you speak of are smart enough to understand the dangers of some who are educated, yet stupid, and in powerful positions making decisions that affect us all. A piece of paper (degree) doesn't automatically make you intelligent. Take AOC... a degree in economics but seemingly doesn't understand the basics of economics.

She's the best thing to happen to USA politics in years. You can keep your racists, perverts and ultra right wing conservative rags.
    FYI most of us aren't American and many of us would view the Democrats as right wing. Just an FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is it? US congresswoman Donald Trump?

No MM, Trump is many things but not a woman. As I said the subject of the thread is congresswoman AOC.

Shock, horror! The Left takes issue with exposing the future of the Democrat party.

Those less educated you speak of are smart enough to understand the dangers of some who are educated, yet stupid, and in powerful positions making decisions that affect us all. A piece of paper (degree) doesn't automatically make you intelligent. Take AOC... a degree in economics but seemingly doesn't understand the basics of economics.

But the facts are Republicans are poorer and have lower quality of life though.....

I mean why not vote for something else for a change? They're already the poorest states so you think if they vote like democratic states they'll get poorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

steddyeddy wrote: »
    But the facts are Republicans are poorer and have lower quality of life though.....

I mean why not vote for something else for a change? They're already the poorest states so you think if they vote like democratic states they'll get poorer.
    Poor is a relative term. I previously posted somewhere how someone who lives in a poor state, and making lesser money than someone living in a richer state, can actually be far better off and have a better quality of life due to the high cost of living in those rich states.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No MM, Trump is many things but not a woman. As I said the subject of the thread is congresswoman AOC.

So you say.

Ah sorry actually that was Trump.

• Advertisement

Poor is a relative term. I previously posted somewhere how someone who lives in a poor state, and making lesser money than someone living in a richer state, can actually be far better off and have a better quality of life due to the high cost of living in those rich states.

It's not just wealth. It's quality of life overall. From Forbes.
    When it comes to well-being -- as measured by health, education and income -- the southern 'red states' continue to be in worse shape compared to their Yankee rivals, according to a study called the Measure of America, released Wednesday by the Brooklyn based-Social Science Research Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah we talked about that alright and found out that even with all the offsets for cost of living, those Republican state residents are still worse off, having less real income with respect to COL and inflation compared to more ‘expensive’ states like New Jersey. Those Republican states also in most cases receive more federal tax dollars than they contribute. Their quality of education and life expectancy is also lower.

So you say.

And yes I mentioned AOC in my post. Does that fit your minimum relevance requirements MM or will this be a triggering event?

And yes I mentioned AOC in my post. Does that fit your minimum relevance requirements MM or will this be a triggering event?

What’s this now?

It's not just wealth. It's quality of life overall. From Forbes.
    Your article is measured by health, education and income.... therefore flawed. I’ve already noted there are flaws in putting all your eggs into the baskets of education and income. If you made $40,000 a year with a high school degree and owed $140,000 on a home and pay $500 in property taxes each year on it… can you not make the argument you are better off then those who earn $65,000 with a college degree and owe $300,000 on a home and pay $9000 in property taxes on it? If you look at polls on the happiest States in the US you will see they are all over the place and rich and poor doesn’t matter all that much.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Your article is measured by health, education and income.... therefore flawed. I’ve already noted there are flaws in putting all your eggs into the baskets of education and income. If you made $40,000 a year with a high school degree and owed $140,000 on a home and pay $500 in property taxes each year on it… can you not make the argument you are better off then those who earn $65,000 with a college degree and owe $300,000 on a home and pay $9000 in property taxes on it? If you look at polls on the happiest States in the US you will see they are all over the place and rich and poor doesn’t matter all that much.
    You’re shifting the goalposts (again) to happiness rankings now? Lol. Of course that is all over the place: it is inherently subjective, unlike the metrics we’ve already discussed.

You can be as dumb and happy in a red state as you want but that doesn’t mean you ain’t poor, that your buying power ain’t less, and with it your upward mobility ain’t dismal.

So AOC has gone from silent to fundraising a bailout for antifa arrestees in Boston.

Some 39 of them forgot they weren’t in Portland. I bet they got a bit of a shock when they got arrested.

I did see where she handed Dan Crenshaw back his lunch over his whining that his friends wouldn’t be able to pass background checks so he wouldn’t be allowed to loan them guns anymore.

So AOC has gone from silent to fundraising a bailout for antifa arrestees in Boston.

Some 39 of them forgot they weren’t in Portland. I bet they got a bit of a shock when they got arrested.

Not surprised, she never was loud about it either. In fact it's complete spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

did she rename a straight pride parade to a white supremacist parade ? jaysus thats some mental gymnastics.

I like how she calls them white supremacy.

A bunch of people wearing clown suits make up and shark outfits. Headed by a gay man married to a black man. Some white supremacists.

It was a massive troll and they bought it hook, line and sinker. And 39 idiots from the left got arrested for their pleasure.

Where's Matt to claim the twitter posts by congresswomen AOC and Pressley I posted was altered and/or doctored? ;):)

No N I can't change the facts to make my argument fit in with your baseless belief system about quality of life.

So the states with better health care, access to education, quality of life are republican.

Even if they have more money to spend they have far crappier quality of life.

No N I can't change the facts to make my argument fit in with your baseless belief system about quality of life.

So the states with better health care, access to education, quality of life are republican.

Even if they have more money to spend they have far crappier quality of life.

I've been to many southern states and states you'd consider poor. They're just as happy as us who live in rich states. Most there like their quality of life... the same as us. One thing I did notice is many in those poor states are somewhat overweight. I guess that is what constitutes to the health problems. But obviously less money doesn't equate to less food. :)

You stated it... So explain to us how they have a far crappier quality of life? I gather if you read it on the internet, it must be true, then. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Where's Matt to claim the twitter posts by congresswomen AOC and Pressley I posted was altered and/or doctored? ;):)

I can't access twitter on this PC, how ever, when have I accused you of doctoring anything but the truth?

EDIT: Just had a look. AOC wants people to give to a legal fund to help those protecting the Boston community. Good for her. It was a LGTB hate march, or do you think the straights are being threatened, worried they'll not be allowed get married or adopt kids?

I've been to many southern states and states you'd consider poor. They're just as happy as us who live in rich states. Most there like their quality of life... the same as us. One thing I did notice is many in those poor states are somewhat overweight. I guess that is what constitutes to the health problems. But obviously less money doesn't equate to less food. :)

You stated it... So explain to us how they have a far crappier quality of life? I gather if you read it on the internet, it must be true, then. :rolleyes:

These rich democratic states sure do have a lot of homeless. Almost 130,000 in California alone :eek:

https://endhomelessness.org/homelessness-in-america/homelessness-statistics/state-of-homelessness-report/?emailsignup&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwb3rBRDrARIsALR3XeY2oraAAgcu9zm1zfdId2NnwQUevVOatZ-hcge0ke-2nHIp2gRlEmoaAjnwEALw_wcB

I can't access twitter on this PC, how ever, when have I accused you of doctoring anything but the truth?

EDIT: Just had a look. AOC wants people to give to a legal fund to help those protecting the Boston community. Good for her. It was a LGTB hate march, or do you think the straights are being threatened, worried they'll not be allowed get married or adopt kids?

I like your spin.

It was not a hate march. No matter how much you’d like it to be. You forget. We too have access to the internet. ;)

I like your spin.

It was not a hate march. No matter how much you’d like it to be. You forget. We too have access to the internet. ;)

I would consider it a hate march too. Or can you tell me what it was for?
    See comrade, the claims where AOC wanted to bail out Antifa and she condoned violence against police. When you move the goalposts be sure you don't walk off the pitch entirely ;)

But their quality of life is so much better! I take it you didn’t know living under a bridge and begging for food could bring so much joy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

LOL. AOC, who doesn’t know the difference between weather and climate, is sure Hurricane Dorian hates poor people. What more can be said!

She is the final result of decades of Democrat brainwashing in our Public School System. Plenty of Leftists like her viewing life through oppression filters [even though they have no idea what actual oppression is like]

I would consider it a hate march too. Or can you tell me what it was for?
    See comrade, the claims where AOC wanted to bail out Antifa and she condoned violence against police. When you move the goalposts be sure you don't walk off the pitch entirely ;)

It was a troll march. Like I stated before. People dressed as clowns. Makeup. Sharksuits. Headed by a gay man married to a black man.

See? No hate just laughs.

I’ve been to those same southern states, they’re not as happy as those who live in rich states. Most hate their quality of life. Of course they’re obese less money leads to buying cheaper foods made up of corn byproducts and sugars - it’s a very high carb diet.

But their quality of life is so much better! I take it you didn’t know living under a bridge and begging for food could bring so much joy. :)

I wonder how many of those “poor” republican states also have the bubonic plague? Or maybe it’s just something that comes with being the worlds 5th largest economy?

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    She is the final result of decades of Democrat brainwashing in our Public School System. Plenty of Leftists like her viewing life through oppression filters [even though they have no idea what actual oppression is like]

I think having your child taken off you and caged might be a look. Be sure and don't get sick now!
    It was a troll march. Like I stated before. People dressed as clowns. Makeup. Sharksuits. Headed by a gay man married to a black man.

See? No hate just laughs.

Milo? :):) That pedophile apologist still trolling? A hate march fronted by a pedophile apologist looking for 'likes'. Yeah, seems legit :rolleyes:

Advertisement