Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mad muffin wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those “poor” republican states also have the bubonic plague? Or maybe it’s just something that comes with being the worlds 5th largest economy?
    USPlague70_17.jpg
    Since the mid–20th century, plague in the United States has typically occurred in the rural West. The case shown in Illinois was lab-associated.

Make America Medieval Again?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Here I had no idea that Arizona and New Mexico were liberal but all this plague data just proves it (?)

In equally important news ice cream sales correlate with drownings.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rocksolidfat

did she rename a straight pride parade to a white supremacist parade ? jaysus thats some mental gymnastics.
    Well, you see, unfortunately and like seems to be the case with "odd" consistency, these affairs tend to be organised by white suprema-- OH MY GOD WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!

One of them tried to organise more, and similar rallies on the back of the Charlottesville one that resulted in far right domestic and was explicitly organised by some of the highest profile neo Nazis in the US, like Jason Kessler and Matthew Heimbach. The other literally ran for Congress last year while being endorsed by white supremacist groups. Both if I am correct have also attended far right and white supremacist rallies, and have extensive links to white supremacists and white supremacist groups.

Though true, she may have technically been more more accurate in this instance to have just called them Neo Nazis instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I think having your child taken off you and caged might be a look. Be sure and don't get sick now!

Where was the Democrat outrage when the Obama Administration did it as well? Oh, I forgot. Its only deplorable when the other side does it.

If it wasn't for double standards the Left wouldn't have any.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Where was the Democrat outrage when the Obama Administration did it as well? Oh, I forgot. Its only deplorable when the other side does it.

“Obama did it so it’s ok?”

Nah fam. Don’t be wasting time with the compare either: the Obama admin didn’t deny them basic care. The Trump admin has gone so far as to admit “the cruelty is the point.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Well, you see, unfortunately and like seems to be the case with "odd" consistency, these affairs tend to be organised by white suprema-- OH MY GOD WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!

One of them tried to organise more, and similar rallies on the back of the Charlottesville one that resulted in far right domestic and was explicitly organised by some of the highest profile neo Nazis in the US, like Jason Kessler and Matthew Heimbach. The other literally ran for Congress last year while being endorsed by white supremacist groups. Both if I am correct have also attended far right and white supremacist rallies, and have extensive links to white supremacists and white supremacist groups.

Though true, she may have technically been more more accurate in this instance to have just called them Neo Nazis instead.
    So if you take pride in being straight you are either a white supremacist or a Neo Nazis? My gawd, the world really has gone mad!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Make America Medieval Again?

Lol. Maybe you should overlay a map of Republican/Democrat states over it ;)

Overheal wrote: »

Nah fam. Don’t be wasting time with the compare either: the Obama admin didn’t deny them basic care. The Trump admin has gone so far as to admit “the cruelty is the point.”

Any actual proof of this?

notobtuse wrote: »
    So if you take pride in being straight you are either a white supremacist or a Neo Nazis? My gawd, the world really has gone mad!

If you organize one and you’ve been tightly associated with and involved with now Nazis and white suprematists your entire adult life that’s got to count for something my dude.

JohnMc1 wrote: »

I'm not a Democrat. Too right wing.

• Advertisement

Lol. Maybe you should overlay a map of Republican/Democrat states over it ;)

I've no interest. Pretty sure its stats from Obama's time so you can swing that?

What was the march for? To show solidarity with gays?
    Do you think Milo might have tried it in say Alabama? Gay white dude and gay black dude?
    I think hed be crying for some SJW's to protect him.

Trump admin has openly bragged on many occasions about the cruelty of their process.

Arpaio was pardoned remember. Among his claim to fame: boasting his tent cities were “concentration camps.”

Trump is now deporting people with terminal illnesses. Even one US Citizen, whom is now dead after being shipped off to Iraq without insulin or any way to communicate with locals. The Trump admin also openly argued in court against giving detainees basic hygiene products like toothbrushes, soap, and tampons - like, that’s the battle they wanted to fight, against basic care. The cruelty is in fact so naked and blatant I’m surprised you need extracurricular proof of any of it?

Overheal wrote: »

Here is one of Trump's then-Head of Homeland Security outright disproving what JohnMc1 is trying to claim about how this is nothing like Obama's policy and was something Team Trump came up with all on their own.

Yet another thing Trump & co wanted credit for at the time aaaaaaand... not so much any more! Funny how throwing children in concentration camps ever seemed like it would be a good idea really.

I've no interest. Pretty sure its stats from Obama's time so you can swing that?

347-DB151-8390-4456-91-DF-366-B78-E3697-B.jpg
    9-A8-D74-E8-1894-4971-BD3-D-E0-B26-AD3-AF25.png

Once more for good measure.

7 red states and 7 blue states with cases. It’s almost like the plague doesn’t care about politics.

Here is one of Trump's then-Head of Homeland Security outright disproving what JohnMc1 is trying to claim about how this is nothing like Obama's policy and was something Team Trump came up with all on their own.

Yet another thing Trump & co wanted credit for at the time aaaaaaand... not so much any more! Funny how throwing children in concentration camps ever seemed like it would be a good idea really.

Am I missing something here? :confused:

Once more for good measure.

Again. What am I supposed to be hearing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The northeastern section of AZ, where the concentration is located, is Blue.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Wasnt it a joke that it could happen at all in the 5th richest or something? You move the goalposts so much you're now playing camogie :)

Am I missing something here? :confused:
    That throwing children into concentration camps with no care is Trump's policy. If you want to be a supporter of that, have at it.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Reporting from foolville our CNN reporter with the latest.

Look at it broadly.
    You've an administration that has fooled people like you into thinking major media outlets are lying on purpose because they have a specific agenda. You have been fooled into thinking members of the US congress are antiUSA. You have been fooled into thinking everything Trump says is true, even when he contradicts himself.
    Fooled, or playing along with the con.
    I feel sad for the U.S. people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I've been to many southern states and states you'd consider poor. They're just as happy as us who live in rich states. Most there like their quality of life... the same as us. One thing I did notice is many in those poor states are somewhat overweight. I guess that is what constitutes to the health problems. But obviously less money doesn't equate to less food. :)

You stated it... So explain to us how they have a far crappier quality of life? I gather if you read it on the internet, it must be true, then. :rolleyes:

Yes OK richer or worse quality of life doesn't equal happiness. When I was in Tanzania I noticed people seemed happier.

No N things you read on the internet aren't all true. Some people do indeed believe that and as a result of social media influence 45% of Republicans believe Obama is a Muslim.

No, in this case the data comes from the Human Development Index, an index which assess human development by life expectancy, education and GPD. It was devised as a joint effort by Yale and the London School of Economics. Republican states do worse than Democrat states in all areas of the development index.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump's administration will be cutting funding to food stamps. Now ladies and gentlemen can you tell me which states this will hit the hardest? That's right the red states! Well judging by notobtuse's logic these guys will be even happier now that they're poorer! Let's hope they don't vote Democrat and get even poorer.

“I was surprised by the extent of the impact in some of the southern states, such as Texas,” Mathematica senior research programmer Sarah Lauffer said. The impact was always going to be severe in states that apply the current rules in the most generous fashion, but southern states have generally not extended their eligibility lines quite as far. Despite that, Lauffer said, her team found “34% of elderly Texans receiving benefits will lose them through this rule.”

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Reporting from foolville our CNN reporter with the latest.

Do you understand how they got into the camps in the first place?
    So you are saying the Trump administration is lying by saying this is indeed their policy?

Advertisement