Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

You lads wanna get together and let us know which one it is??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll take a stab. Economy and deficit are two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Eveb though prevvious presidents detained people , trump is getting the brunt of it, but the real solution here is for illegal immigrants to take personal responsibility and not come in to the country. Trump is also trying to stem the flow with the wall but ofcourse thats opposed too.

To anyone condemning the detention of migrants, whats the solution (and not one that allows more migrants to enter / existing ones stay)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The economy keep rolling on regardless of who is president. It's crazy to think a single person is responsible. Which trade deals has Trump accomplished better? The tariffs with China?
    Trade deals commonly take years to complete and China is playing hardball but still wants a deal made. Some of the other positive trade deals made so far… Mexico, Canada, South Korea. And new trade deals remain ongoing with the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Japan.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

That's a well debunked myth.
    The pictures taken of her crying while looking at a mostly empty parking lot are fake news?

maxresdefault.jpg

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You lads wanna get together and let us know which one it is??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What seems to be standard operation procedure of the left is that history starts today, and anything the orange overlord does is evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/05/venezuela-asylum-seekers-refugees-trump-administration-us
    As Venezuela slumps further into crisis, White House officials from Donald Trump down have made repeated expressions of support for the country’s people.

But such comments stand in stark contrast to the meager help the US government is giving Venezuelans seeking refuge in the US.

The United Nations estimated 5.3 million Venezuelans will have fled by the end of 2019, but the Trump administration has resisted calls – including those from Republicans – to put in place immigration programs that would let a tiny portion of them seek protection in the US.

It's worth noting that millions of Venezuelans have fled to poor neighbouring countries, especially Colombia. I seen them on the streets of Bogota every day. Despite being a poor country, Colombia has offered them aid, a step apparently beyond the US.

Masterful deflection going on from the disgraceful videos linked in the opening post. Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    The pictures taken of her crying while looking at a mostly empty parking lot are fake news?

FYI: You're coming across as desperate. Might work for the Fox and friends viewership.

What seems to be standard operation procedure of the left is that history starts today, and anything the orange overlord does is evil.

Classic Trump/Republican separatist logic. No ideas anymore, just us and them, very adult and unifying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

steddyeddy wrote: »
    This September Trump's government will see the deficit rise to 1 trillion. Up 200 million. Do you know what that means?

It’s crazy. The repayments will be 1T a year soon enough.

• Advertisement

FYI: You're coming across as desperate. Might work for the Fox and friends viewership.
    I understand... 'a picture is worth a thousand words' really sucks sometimes, eh?

Masterful deflection going on from the disgraceful videos linked in the opening post. Keep it up.

Smart move not to legitimise ALT-Right propaganda agents by not responding to them IMO.

That's a well debunked myth.

I'm curious about this too.... how have those photos being debunked? They look like a bad, transparent photoshoot

I understand... 'a picture is worth a thousand words' really sucks sometimes, eh?

No, I'm saying you seem desperate by hanging onto something that isn't a blip compared to racist Trump and his faux Christian enablers :)

The idea that they didn't know there was press behind or near them as they 'posed' is not believable.

Debunked right here by the way...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-empty-parking-lot/

Smart move not to legitimise ALT-Right propaganda agents by not responding to them IMO.

How is it propaganda? It's them.. Refusing to condemn an attack on a government facility.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/05/venezuela-asylum-seekers-refugees-trump-administration-us

It's worth noting that millions of Venezuelans have fled to poor neighbouring countries, especially Colombia. I seen them on the streets of Bogota every day. Despite being a poor country, Colombia has offered them aid, a step apparently beyond the US.

It is not the job of the US or europe to allow in everyone who elected a crappy government who starves them. uS aid was turned away from benezuela by Maduro, that doesnt mean they should open the borders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Hahaha... a journalist being told they will make statement later is disgraceful behaviour? So whenever a politician refuses to answer questions is disgraceful behaviour? Do you follow the proper news to see how often that happens? Or is it just the news that is carefully crafted to confirm your biases and make you true believing disciple.

How is it propaganda? It's them.. Refusing to condemn an attack on a government facility.

They ignored someone on a corridor. Do you see the amount of cameras towards the end of that second video? Are they obliged to answer all of them?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Hahaha... a journalist being told they will make statement later is disgraceful behaviour? So whenever a politician refuses to answer questions is disgraceful behaviour? Do you follow the proper news to see how often that happens? Or is it just the news that is carefully crafted to confirm your biases and make you true believing disciple.

A believing disciple of what?

They ignored someone on a corridor

The question is very basic. It's an automatic "yes" no matter who is asking, especially a journalist.

Let’s get back to AOC demanding a pay raise for Congress or she threatens us that they’ll succumb to the evil lobbyists. And how about we play this out in real life… Let’s say you have an employee who isn’t performing well... actually doing a downright terrible job, in fact. She comes to your office and says: “Hey boss, I’m going to need a raise because if I don’t make more money I'll probably start stealing from you, and neither of us wants that, right?”

What would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    She should go back and fix the problems in Jamaica first

Let’s get back to AOC demanding a pay raise for Congress or she threatens us that they’ll succumb to the evil lobbyists. And how about we play this out in real life… Let’s say you have an employee who isn’t performing well... actually doing a downright terrible job, in fact. She comes to your office and says: “Hey boss, I’m going to need a raise because if I don’t make more money I'll probably start stealing from you, and neither of us wants that, right?”

What would you do?

Ahh the old ‘why we cant cut welfare by even a cent’ argument

What would you do?

Totally fair analogy, give that person a raise obviously :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

When the presidential election 2024 starts, folk will be looking back at AOC and Ilhan Omar in particular and saying “holy **** those two ladies got Trump elected for a second term and look where we are now!”.

No. It's them refusing to engage with a bias right wing entity. If they gave them a quote it would legitimise them, give them oxygen.

Totally fair analogy, give that person a raise obviously :rolleyes:
    You should run for president. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

A believing disciple of what?

Of the Orange Saviour

Anyway the stupidest thing you can do is answer questions from hostile journalist at their therms.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

splinter65 wrote: »
    When the presidential election 2024 starts, folk will be looking back at AOC and Ilhan Omar in particular and saying “holy **** those two ladies got Trump elected for a second term and look where we are now!”.
    I'd add the line - and the Dems not understanding what you have to do to win.

No. It's them refusing to engage with a bias right wing entity. If they gave them a quote it would legitimise them, give them oxygen.

You don't think right wing entities are legitimate? You realise that right is not alt-right.

And anyways, it was a simple question. There's no propaganda in that video. Had a republican refused to condemn an alt-right attack, it would be major and people wouldn't say "Why would they legitimise a left-wing entity?"
    meeeeh wrote: »
    Of the Orange Saviour

Anyway the stupidest thing you can do is answer questions from hostile journalist at their therms.

I'm a disciple of the orange man? News to me. I don't even like him. The stupidest thing you can do is not condemn an attack on government workers when you are an elected official. I barely see why Trump is even being mentioned actually.

The bias here is kinda comical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

What would you do?

I’d fire that employee because she’s doing something illegal.

Getting money from lobbyists isn’t illegal. Although maybe it should be.

Advertisement