Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle shipping carrier?

Options
  • 16-07-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi All
    Want to ship Bicycle from Cork to Sligo. Some couriers either don`t accept parcel of that size some give you quotas 140+ quid.

Is some one know any way how to do it for resonable price?
    Is it even possible...? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If it's a road bike start training and then you can cycle it up on a 2 day journey, stay in an airbnb in Gort!

More realistic would be to find someone that needs to drive from Cork to Sligo and help pay for fuel then get the bus back.
    I don't know if there are ride sharing sites for Ireland, I know it's popular in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

7 hour trip (each way) by train, €50 return. How much is your time worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

You could do it on a Saturday, leave Cork at 7:10, be back at 22:25.
    50 mins to change from Hesuton to Connolly each way.
    50 mins in Sligo.
    Less than €70 return buying online in advance. Bike goes free.

Or put a note in the Sligo and Cork forums and ask if anybody is doing the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Try An Post. I recently posted a bike to Sweden and it cost €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Thanks guys for all replies. I think that will follow the train route as cycling back to Sligo with bnb brake is so tempting but my old arse is against that :).

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

sin_26 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all replies. I think that will follow the train route as cycling back to Sligo with bnb brake is so tempting but my old arse is against that :).

Cheers

Consider a halfway option.
    Train: Cork -> Portlaoise
    Bike: Portlaoise -> Mullingar Only 91k
    Train: Mullingar -> Sligo

Advertisement