Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new GPU

Options
  • 16-07-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Howaye lads, don't be round these corners too much these days but my GPU is giving up, constant black screens and the fan belting away with Low Res stuff, can't even handle the likes of Heartstone or MTGA without the whole thing going.

I have an R9 290 atm and it's about as powerful as I need, I game at 1080p60 and probably won't be changing that for another few years at least.

I'm most like to be playing MTGA, XCOM, Civ and bits like that, don't really play the newest of the new but I would play DOOM, GTAV and stuff from time to time so I don't think the likes of a 1050 would cut for me.

Budget is up to €150, can go to €200 if there's good value to be had, a glance left me at either an RTX570 or 1050/1060's.

Rest of the PC is
    i5 4460
    8gb RAM
    500W PSU and other assorted bits

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement