Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat screen repair

Options
  • 17-07-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I have a SONY BRAVIA KD43XD8088

My kid threw a plastic at the tv and it’s got a big line running down it as per picture. It cost about €700 iirc about 2 years ago. Is this worth repairing? Any recommendations of someone to repair it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum is more for the TV shows than the equipment.
    I'll move to a more suitable forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ffocused

Your lcd panel is unfortunately cracked, I dumped 2 tv's in the last year with the same type of damage. I could be wrong but a repair would probably cost nearly the price you paid for it as it will need the screen replaced.

I can however recommend https://www.tv-repairs-dublin.com/ if you want to ask them for an estimate.

They fixed a Panasonic tv for me recently but it was paid for by the store i purchased from so i don't know how much it cost.
    They collected the tv from my house and dropped it back when fixed, very good service and they are an authorized repair centre for Sony too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Not worth fixing I'm afraid.
    This is so common too.

Advertisement