Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal

Options
  • 17-07-2019 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All,

Travelling with 4 ladies to celebrate a big birthday to Portugal, we all aged between 40-50, looking for recommendation on where to stay that is near a beach, nightlife, has pool, shops, bars, restaurants etc in Portugal? Travelling for 4 days in Sept, a long weekend, any recommendations greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Is that Portugal out by Weston? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Carvi beach hotel, Lagos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Rmmb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Travelling with 4 ladies to celebrate a big birthday to Portugal, we all aged between 40-50, looking for recommendation on where to stay that is near a beach, nightlife, has pool, shops, bars, restaurants etc in Portugal? Travelling for 4 days in Sept, a long weekend, any recommendations greatly appreciated. :)

Alvor sounds right up your street

Check Pestana hotels in Alvor. One is literally on the beach and about a 15 minute walk in to town. Plenty of bars with late live music, plenty of food varieties, and generally excellent quality and value

Walked around the pestana hotel in Alvor recently
    Very nice hotel and right on beach
    Chilled out area at back and boardwalk to beach
    Short walk into village aswell
    There are some nice hotels on the marina in Lagos with rooftop pools and walking distance into town if you fancy Lagos which is a bigger place

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭xlogo

Sorry to jump in on the thread - But....

Is Lagos more lively than Alvor or is it the other way around?

• Advertisement

xlogo wrote: »

Alvin I find but Lagos has a bigger population. More bars condensed around alvor.

Lagos has more of a small city feel about it although it is a good spot also

Alvin I find but Lagos has a bigger population. More bars condensed around alvor.

Lagos is like a big town, a lot more bars and restaurants

Alvor is a very small little village with just a handful of shops restaurants bars

The old streets of Lagos are really nice and choice of restaurants really good

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Albufeira old town would suit you. I wouldn't consider the nightlife in Lagos or Alvor to be massively lively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Alvor is nice but may not be lively enough. I don't there are many if any late bars. Don't know much about Lagos.
    Albufeira old town area is very nice. Nice bars, restaurants, etc. Closer to Faro airport than Alvor and Lagos aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Honestly speaking, I think it depends on your budget but you can see my recommendations about the hotels below:

The first choice about the hotel could be "The Yeatman, Porto" because it is near the 'Douro River'. You can see the image below:

the-yeatman-hotel-.jpg

On the other hand, my favorite place to stay in Lisbon is Memmo Alfama Hotel of Lisbon. You would need to go around because this hotel already have a bar, rooftop terrace to watch historical places of the city and view of River Tagus.

Memmo_Alfama_Hotel.jpg?v=1

Have a nice journey.

Advertisement