Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nintendo Switch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They said last week it wont be available until the 13th didn't they?

I was told they were hopeful of Tuesday - this was prior to the website change though.

Just thought I would check :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Assuming no-one has heard from Gamestop today on the new Switch?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Assuming no-one has heard from Gamestop today on the new Switch?

Nah. Been told not to pick it up until Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

GameStop website has the grey in stock as of today and the neon release on the Friday. Don’t suppose anyone has been on to them yet?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/73198/nintendo-switch-1-1-grey-console

*edit gone back to the 13th too*

Its in today's delivery - just rang them there.

They will be calling people in the next hour or so

• Advertisement

So I just bring everything in tomorrow, deregister the console first and will they test it then and there or need some time like CEX? Is the box necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Put down the deposit yesterday on trading in my old one. 50% trade in bonus still on offer. Don't have online subscription set up so no cloud saves. Trying to decide if it's worth it. I don't get to play as much as I'd like so not sure if I'd get enough value from it. BOTW is the only one I'm that far into but it's actually a good few months since I played it I'd probably be as well of starting it again. Good bit into Mario Odyssey too but don't really mind restarting that either.

Where's the best deal for an online sub? Daughters have accounts on it too, so do I need a family sub to get cloud saves for their ac?

Just trying to figure out what's the best way. If I have the online sub with cloud saves, do I just need to deregister my old Switch and log in with my account on the new one? Will all user accounts me there on will I have to add them manually?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ryath wrote: »
    Put down the deposit yesterday on trading in my old one. 50% trade in bonus still on offer. Don't have online subscription set up so no cloud saves. Trying to decide if it's worth it. I don't get to play as much as I'd like so not sure if I'd get enough value from it. BOTW is the only one I'm that far into but it's actually a good few months since I played it I'd probably be as well of starting it again. Good bit into Mario Odyssey too but don't really mind restarting that either.

Where's the best deal for an online sub? Daughters have accounts on it too, so do I need a family sub to get cloud saves for their ac?

Just trying to figure out what's the best way. If I have the online sub with cloud saves, do I just need to deregister my old Switch and log in with my account on the new one? Will all user accounts me there on will I have to add them manually?

If you have amazon prime you can get 3 months for free through twitch prime. Otherwise cdkeys or similar is probably cheapest I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you have amazon prime you can get 3 months for free through twitch prime. Otherwise cdkeys or similar is probably cheapest I would think.

Yup Amazon Prime is the way to go, if you have never had Amazon prime then the first month is free so then you get your 3 months free Nintendo Online, Pay for another 2 months of prime then and you get another 9 months of Nintendo online free. Prime is €7.99 a month so it would be €16 in total for 3 months of prime (if you get a free month) + 12 months of Nintendo Online free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'd forgotten about that offer. Have prime video so was able to get it. Took a bit of resetting Nintendo id and ac passwords though they were different saved on my browser and Switch. So nothing else to do but deregister my switch? (and pull out my TV cabinet so I can upplug everything!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Family Sub in South Africa is R459 which is just over €28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just wondering if the trade in deal only applies to hardware? Going to trade in my original Switch for the €300 but I have four oldish Xbox One games there and Smash and wondering if I will get the bonus trade credit for them as well?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just wondering if the trade in deal only applies to hardware? Going to trade in my original Switch for the €300 but I have four oldish Xbox One games there and Smash and wondering if I will get the bonus trade credit for them as well?

The text of the offer says "Get 50% extra trade credit when you trade towards a Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite"

Sounds to me like you what you trade HAS to go towards the hardware. Ring in the morning and ask them anyway.

https://www.gamestop.ie/monthly-deals

Mr E wrote: »
    The text of the offer says "Get 50% extra trade credit when you trade towards a Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite"

Sounds to me like you what you trade HAS to go towards the hardware. Ring in the morning and ask them anyway.

https://www.gamestop.ie/monthly-deals

Oh I am trading to get the new Switch but if I can get a bit extra I'll put it towards a new game.

Someone else said they traded their Switch against the Lite and they still had extra credit left over.

Old Switch + 50% = €300.

Switch Light = €230.

That's where the extra credit comes from.

Anyone get their new switch from liffey st, D1 branch? I pre-ordered there but never got a call. Brought old switch in today and got charged €10 refurb despite not a scratch on it with all accessories and original box and an screen protector, so cost me 40 in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mine has been collected. Now just have to wait till I get my hands on it.its a no brainer of a deal for 30. I can’t see them running it long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That was easy, in and out in 5 mins. Handed him a shoebox, he turned it on, put it back and handed me the new one. Winner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Smyths doing them yet or just Gamestop? Is Smyths still selling Switches at 300? I assume they're 320 at Gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

PostWoke wrote: »
    Smyths doing them yet or just Gamestop? Is Smyths still selling Switches at 300? I assume they're 320 at Gamestop?

Smyths have the new ones on their website for 330

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Meesared wrote: »
    Smyths have the new ones on their website for 330

Yeah that 300 deal must've been to get rid of stock. Darn. :D

Why can't you just download all backups and all games with 1 click! Such a pain!

Grassey wrote: »
    Why can't you just download all backups and all games with 1 click! Such a pain!

I just came here to ask the same question. Jesus. :(

Just spent 5 minutes updating 30 games, one at a time.

One other gotcha that caught me out. I downloaded about 30 games overnight, and some were purchases in the US/SA/RU eshops.

I tried to load Forager to make sure my save data was recovered and was told that I couldn't and that I needed to purchase it on the eshop.

After some digging, it seems that all my extra eshop accounts also need to be deregistered from my (old) primary console and reregistered on the new one.

The old one can only be deregistered from the corresponding shop menu on Nintendo.com (make sure you log in separately for each region that you have an eshop for).

One other gotcha that caught me out. I downloaded about 30 games overnight, and some were purchases in the US/SA/RU eshops.

I tried to load Forager to make sure my save data was recovered and was told that I couldn't and that I needed to purchase it on the eshop.

After some digging, it seems that all my extra eshop accounts also need to be deregistered from my (old) primary console and reregistered on the new one.

The old one can only be deregistered from the corresponding shop menu on Nintendo.com (make sure you log in separately for each region that you have an eshop for).

Did it not deregister the other region accounts when you reset your Switch?

I didn't reset it. The guy in Gamestop told me not to. He reset it in the shop yesterday though (and that didn't deregister me). It needs to be done manually in the eshop.

Just spent 5 minutes updating 30 games, one at a time.

12 hours later and 5 games downloaded... 300gb to go. FFS. Why is it so slow! And over a wired connection!

I didn't reset it. The guy in Gamestop told me not to. He reset it in the shop yesterday though (and that didn't deregister me). It needs to be done manually in the eshop.

I think I am going to have the same issue

Edit: think I just did it from the Shop Menu on the profile

I checked all my accounts online this morning after reading this and none of them are linked to my Switch as far as I can tell after factory resetting it yesterday.

Just to say I had actually forgotten to set up 2FA so a reminder to everyone to get that turned on just in case!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Problem is that they are resetting them offline in gamestop which won't deregister your accounts.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did it not deregister the other region accounts when you reset your Switch?

Easist thing to do with multiple accounts is

Delete them one by one before you get into GS and while you are online at home, this will deregister each one for you and remove account details.

Then add a new user account offline before you go in so they can test it and reset it with just that account.

The majority of the stores don't have WiFi in the entire shop so their reset never syncs with Nintendo servers.

Advertisement