Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nintendo Switch

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

detoxkid wrote: »
    Anybody notice battery drain in sleep mode with the new model?

Was down to 35 dro. About 90 last night. Pretty severe.

Mine was left off last night and drained around one or two percent.
    Might be an issue with yours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

What's the best cheap glass screen protector to be had from a brick n mortar in Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

PostWoke wrote: »
    What's the best cheap glass screen protector to be had from a brick n mortar in Dublin?

Argos have these for 8.50

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8834670/Trail/searchtext%3ESWITCH+SCREEN.htm

Rew wrote: »

Hmm doesn't look like it's tempered glass. I prefer the glass as application is so easy. I wonder if this is just plastic, but if it's hard, would it go on as easy as a tempered glass protector. Guess it looks like it's gonna be a tenner either way! Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

If you can wait a few days just order the orzly one from amazon. It goes on really easily. Seems very scratch resistant too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch-Tempered-2x-TRANSPARENT-Glass-Protectors/dp/B01N9RG3XS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Hmm doesn't look like it's tempered glass. I prefer the glass as application is so easy. I wonder if this is just plastic, but if it's hard, would it go on as easy as a tempered glass protector. Guess it looks like it's gonna be a tenner either way! Thanks for the link.

I have one and its rigid not flimsy, not sure if its glass though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ryath wrote: »
    If you can wait a few days just order the orzly one from amazon. It goes on really easily. Seems very scratch resistant too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch-Tempered-2x-TRANSPARENT-Glass-Protectors/dp/B01N9RG3XS

Second this, and they provide 2 screens in case you mess up putting on the first one

Might pick those ones up then thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Ryath wrote: »

They're great. Had one on the Switch I traded in and it was in perfect condition. Put the other on my new Switch.

One tip, if there are bubbles after applying and pushing them to the edges doesn't work just put the Switch in a warm area for a few hours. I put mine on a window sill in our sunroom and it settled down.

One tip, if there are bubbles after applying and pushing them to the edges doesn't work just put the Switch in a warm area for a few hours. I put mine on a window sill in our sunroom and it settled down.

Aren't they the complete hard type? I find I can just line up one side and basically drop it and it'll apply itself perfectly, not like annoying plastic floppy ones with terrible adhesive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I got 2 glass screen protectors from Amazon. (Hard type)
    Came with little wipes to clean the screen.
    And stickers to line the protector up against the screen fully.
    First one was fine. Had to lift it to release a bubble.
    2nd one on new GameStop trade-in offer switch.
    Bubble that just disappeared next day.
    Fantastic fit. :)
    I'm actually surprised they work so well and are unnoticeable.

conormario wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised they work so well and are unnoticeable.

They're game changers tbqh. Glass for everything in the future, even phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Have my switch about a month now, not a heavy user. How much ‘play’ should there be when joycons are attached? There’s movement in both at the bottom end and is more noticeable on the left side. Ive enquired in gamestop and they brushed me off with returning the whole thing to nintendo directly.
    Am i being paranoid with the movement? Talking 3-4mm upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They kinda wiggle over time from use but they shouldn't move. Do you mean there is a bend if you twist your hands? Or are they coming out of the slot at the top by 3-4 mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

They kinda wiggle over time from use but they shouldn't move. Do you mean there is a bend if you twist your hands? Or are they coming out of the slot at the top by 3-4 mm?

It would be more a bend when hands twist, theyre securely locked at the top. Its almost like the rail is much narrower than the track at the bottom. Ive some pvc tape in place which helps a bit, but shouldnt have to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Flight mode then sleep mode saves my battery on my og switch

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Have my switch about a month now, not a heavy user. How much ‘play’ should there be when joycons are attached? There’s movement in both at the bottom end and is more noticeable on the left side. Ive enquired in gamestop and they brushed me off with returning the whole thing to nintendo directly.
    Am i being paranoid with the movement? Talking 3-4mm upwards.

There was a little play on my left joycon on my OG too.
    Flight mode then sleep mode saves my battery on my og switch

Tempted to just do this and go for a v1 instead of a v2, Smyths 35 euro voucher with a v1 is mighty tempting. Not sure just doubling the battery life is worth missing out on 35 quid. Dunno what to do tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There was a little play on my left joycon on my OG too.

Tempted to just do this and go for a v1 instead of a v2, Smyths 35 euro voucher with a v1 is mighty tempting. Not sure just doubling the battery life is worth missing out on 35 quid. Dunno what to do tbh.

If you think you'll play docked most of the time then the V1 is fine, but if you do see yourself getting stuck into a +2-3 hour session then the V2 really comes into its own. You will be surprised how quickly the V1 runs out of battery on the high-performance games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you can wait brack Friday is 6 weeks away.

If you can wait brack Friday is 6 weeks away.

That's a negatory sir, Luigi's Mansion is right around the corner.

Hoping to get a PC built from Black Friday/Cyber Monday though. Maybe pick up some Switch games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Is there a good bundle deal out there for a switch console plus game?

Looking to invest in one, amazon are more expensive tham bricks & mortar which seems strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Nemanrio wrote: »

Looking to invest in one, amazon are more expensive tham brucls & mortars which seems strange..
    hold out for the next few weeks and you should get something for black friday.

Looking to invest in one, amazon are more expensive tham brucls & mortars which seems strange..

339 for a v1 switch, game and 35 euro eshop voucher is about the best around if you don't need the bigger battery, that's what I went for today. Glad to be back in the game, the Switch has seen some crazy titles released for it since I last owned one.

Anyone know of any good deals on cheap online that work for us second class citizens in Ireland? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

shanec1928 wrote: »
    hold out for the next few weeks and you should get something for black friday.

I was thinking that but was half afraid with the lead up to xmas that stock would go.
    339 for a v1 switch, game and 35 euro eshop voucher is about the best around if you don't need the bigger battery, that's what I went for today. Glad to be back in the game, the Switch has seen some crazy titles released for it since I last owned one.

Anyone know of any good deals on cheap online that work for us second class citizens in Ireland? :pac:

Thanks for that, would need the more efficient battery.

I was thinking that but was half afraid with the lead up to xmas that stock would go.

Thanks for that, would need the more efficient battery.

There's also a 339 deal with the improved battery plus a game (I recommend Mario/Rabbids, it's a fantastic XCom clone), just with no voucher.

Advertisement