Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom Space Invasion (commando) arcade

Options
  • 17-07-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Capcom Space Invasion/Commando arcade board
    PRICE: 50
    COLLECTION: postage included
    PAYMENT METHODS: PayPal

This is an unusual one, Id imagine quite rare. This is capcoms "Space Invasion", a version of Commando made specifically for West Germany.

Unfortunately...its gone a bit wonky. When I tested the game out first of all it had some glitchy graphics, but fully playable, sound and music all fine (That's how I know its "space Invasion").

I took it apart and reseated the pals and eproms. The result is that I get an intro jingle to the game, but it just hangs on the garbled screen. Tested voltages, no problems. No idea what happened.

Because it started out fine, im quite confident that in the right hands this can get going again.

Just noticed one thing. on the top board, eprom "16" looks like it took a knock, the legs are slightly bent, but still socketed correctly. The culprit?

50 posted, paypal gift please :)

commando1.jpg

commando2.jpg

commando4.jpg

commnado3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I'll that too. been looking for a commando board for a good while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I thought this might be up your street! Id love to see this going again, cant be too many left knocking around.

All yours, thanks. I'll PM later :)

I'll get another couple done then im calling it a night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement